Movies You've Seen Recently Thread

Rosbjerg

Don't Breathe - First time ever I actually wished there was a trigger warning because nothing I remember from promos suggested it was this rapey. I'll never look at a turkey baster the same way again. Terrifying horror movie though, even though there's not a ghosty or goblin in sight. Stephen Lang, or as I like to call him, Old S. Lang, was horrifying as... the blind hermit who gets robbed by some young punks? That doesn't sound like he'd be horrifying, but he is.

I was drunk, don't ask me anything

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

There's also a red band trailer, which features him put his claw through a guy's head. Only difference.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've always thought Jackman was too much of a Hollywood leading man for Wolverine, so I can easily imagine someone else doing it. But he's just so genuinely charming and a decent enough actor that we all got over it. And going back to the first couple films, he's downright boyish compared to where he is now physically. He's grown into it.

• Like 1

Well since the girl looks to be X-23, and the comics have already had Logan die and X-23 become the new Wolverine... Maybe this is the studios way of adapting to Jackman having said this is his last run around as Wolverine, so they can move forward with a new actress in the role for future stuff.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It looks like some sort of alternate timeline/bad future. I sincerely hope that one blurb floating around where it's only one year after DOFP isn't true.

That blurb also says the bad guy is Mr. Sinister. Interesting idea, it would make sense for him to create X-23. I just hope he's not one of those military dudes.

The Old Man Logan comic series was a big inspiration for it, and was set in a possible semi-apocalyptic future where the supervillains had banded together, managed to kill off most superheroes then divided the USA into separate "kingdoms" as such. You had the Red Skull, Evil Hulk, etc running it as something halfway between feudal and confederate states..

Hm, well that suggestion of Mr Sinister does mesh well with the end-credits sequences from X-Men Apocalypse with mysterious men in black putting vials of Logan's blood in a secure EssexCorp briefcase.

Edited by Raithe

I went to see Ouija 2 with a friend that I saw Ouija 1 with because we were alone in the theater and ripped that movie to shreds hilariously, expecting it to be just as bad and unintentionally hilarious. Boy were we wrong, that was actually a good horror movie. Creepy as hell, unrelenting tension and good performances. Turns out it was directed by the same guy who did Oculus, which was also fantastic. Why is that guy wasting his time on sequels to awful films?

I wouldn't mind living in a world where sequels to bad movies are awesome.

Transformers 2: H.R. Giger edition.

Fast and Furious 2: 12 Angry Men. After a car crash Vin Diesel is stuck in recovery with a bunch of people maimed by illegal racing car crashes.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Turns out it was directed by the same guy who did Oculus, which was also fantastic.

I never understood the hullabaloo around Oculus.

The film completely destroys any potential tension by establishing the fact that the mirror can alter people's perception of reality to protect itself. At that point there's literally nothing the protagonists can do.

Donald Glover as young Lando? Yes, please

I have no idea who this is

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Donald Glover as young Lando? Yes, please

I have no idea who this is

had a good part in the martian.  was also in community for a number o years, but am admitting we never saw it.  

was kinda hoping for michael b. jordan... funny how you gotta use the "b" or it gets confusing. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

When I heard Donald Glover I was thinking the older one and I was thinking... ain't he too old to do a prequel like this?  :p

P.S. Funny vid.. but isn't that cultural appropriation.. oh yeah, it only bad when whitey does it. :p

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

When I heard Donald Glover I was thinking the older one and I was thinking... ain't he too old to do a prequel like this?  :p

P.S. Funny vid.. but isn't that cultural appropriation.. oh yeah, it only bad when whitey does it. :p

People are thinking he is playing Miles Morales in the new Spider-Man movie, but thats stupid, as Miles Morales is younger than Peter Parker, and Donald Glover is like 20 years too old.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Not really, it establishes pretty soon after that it's possible to break out of that perception if you realize it's happening. The resulting mind games are what create the tension, so it's the exact opposite.

Was this explicitly stated because I interpreted this as less a battle between the mirror and the protagonists and more just the mirror screwing with them.

Star Trek Beyond.

I think I can classify that as the best and most Star Trekky of the rebooted series so far. More of that sense of exploration, a bit of fun, some serious, they even throw in the classic literature reference.

Quite liked Star Trek Beyond, it seemed hopeful and positive and even had a literal bit of Utopia in it. The villain and character development were a bit meh but it was fun at least.

Not really, it establishes pretty soon after that it's possible to break out of that perception if you realize it's happening. The resulting mind games are what create the tension, so it's the exact opposite.

Was this explicitly stated because I interpreted this as less a battle between the mirror and the protagonists and more just the mirror screwing with them.

I believe so, but I don't remember if there was exact dialogue, sorry. I do remember that they had electronic surveillance they could look at for that purpose (the other person would see the truth and alert the one in the illusion) and that certain stimuli knocked them right out of the illusion (such as the part where one of the leads believes to be eating an apple and realizes she just bit into a lightbulb because of the pain). I might watch it again to check. Of course, the twist was in fact that they stood no chance, but I don't believe that was implied before the end.

Edited by TrueNeutral