A Starwars Game I would like to see

redcell

A Starwars Game I would like to see...

Umm, I think I would most like to see them re-do Star Wars Supremacy(Rebellion in the U.S). That game was alright and I would like to see it redone with better combat for fleets and ground forces, with ofcourse the latest graphics. Could even throw in character development for your hero guys.

The game aspired for greatness and fell on it's face.

It would be quite a project to pull off successfully.

MMORPGs will have monthly fees. That's pretty standard.

A few free MMORPGs are in development, but I'm not expecting greatness from them. And the Star Wars license costs good money, so a Star Wars MMORPG will definately have a monthly fee.

Then again, I'm working on a Star Wars MUD. That is moddable and free. It's also text based.

I can say the same thing about my car.

I want to buy it, not rent it. Why should I have to pay for gas?

MMORPGs require a full time staff of GM's, support staff, and developers to add new content.

You get more with a MMORPG in certain senses of the word. So, you pay for those services, or you choose not to.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see KOTOR 3: The Mandalorian Wars. A prequel to the first KOTOR that would center on the fall of Revan and Malak and how they were heroes in that war. You could probably play as any number of characters and if you chose, you wouldn't have to play as Revan if you didn't want to. You could maybe create your own character and choose his or her alignment and you wouldn't even have to be a Jedi. You could play as a Mandalorian.

Just about all the characters from the first KOTOR would be in it. Bastila, Canderous, and Carth would have major roles, as well as Saul Karath. And there would be a slew of new NPCs and new worlds to go to. Of course, the storyline itself would depend greatly on how KOTOR 2 unfolded. But I think it would be interesting to see a Star Wars game that focused on the Mandalorian Wars.

I'd like to see an isometric one - a classic rpg with a party of 6 - some of them you get to generate on your own, others may join you.

it should be possible to travel from planet to planet- one would have to hire ships or buy one to do that. buying or renting speeders also should be an option. i'd also like to have the main char be a non-jedi. force-users ought to be recruitable.

also, have many many many aliens in the game and make a pool of them available as a character race.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

Amateurs making Star Wars game aren't the same as dedicated professionals making an official game, using an engine best suited for the game they want to make. How many NWN modules are out there versus how many are actually good? Same with Morrowind mods. A small fraction are good.