What are you playing right now?

I saw that they have The Division for sale here in Sweden for $34 (which is cheap by Swedish standards).

Is it worth playing now and is the game worth $34?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I loved The Division, as did a few others here.  It's a lot closer to an RPG than a shooter, hence the health bars.  You have stats, you level and unlock abilities, you have gear that you can upgrade, enemies drop random gear, etc.  

It was well worth the money for me.  Heck, now I want to play it.  

Edited by Hurlshot

Can't really argue with that, haven't played it myself. Heard a lot of nagging about it though. 

A lot of people played the beta and weren't happy with it, despite a number of concerns being addressed for release.  Plus I think a lot of people just didn't know what to make of it.  It was a hybrid of a number of genres.  

Also the PvP had issues, but I never spent much time on that aspect.  There was plenty of single player content for me to explore, and that is usually what I care about.

Never even realised it was a sequel to Mars Wars. Alright, they got my money.

I think its a prequel.

Actually it takes place in exactly the same time frame.

Learning curve is pretty steep, still trying to figure out if I'm supposed to switch stances during combat. I mean it would make sense to shoot your force lightning and then empty your gun, all I seem to wind up doing is pressing dodge and spamming fast attack like Witcher 3.

To me switching stances is a waste of time. You're better off optimizing one stance and technomancy. Unfortunately they made it so that you can only shoot the gun from one stance, big mistake.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Pokemon RED, raiding the invisible mansion of all hopes and dreams where all of the numbers of places on that eastern edge you've recently been too start flashing all of those safari zone guys, like Rhyhorn, and taking a deep tour through the jungle, into the origins of Mewtwo on Cinnabar island.

Aeons of Misery and Bliss | I, the legendary Dragon God of time, am the perfect One! | Galactic Super Civilizations Yahweh Vs. Lucifer Existential Game - The Terra Program | Ultrarevolutionary Omniversalism

Focusing the flow of feats and Critical Strike

http://aminoapps.com/page/pokemon/5160131/sabrina-character-appreciation

Sabrina StairCase

"To me switching stances is a waste of time. You're better off optimizing one stance and technomancy. Unfortunately they made it so that you can only shoot the gun from one stance, big mistake."

Targeting is annoying anyway. Just give rogue companion a good gun and set to ranged.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I saw that they have The Division for sale here in Sweden for $34 (which is cheap by Swedish standards).

Is it worth playing now and is the game worth $34?

It was okay.  I didn't enjoy it as much as some others on this forum did.  Decent enough action game with some RPG elements thrown in (character skill points).

The PvP was crap, IMO.  More frustration than fun.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Battlefleet Gothic. Fun game. Albeit a shame that I suck at the game. Almost got the hang of using torpedoes. Certainly satisfying to watch a spread plow into a target's broadside.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nearing the end of the Technomancer.  Some of the cutscenes could use some polish.  Or editing.  Or whatever would fix the following interactions that go from anger to playfulness between two companions.

Just after Amelia finds out Scott was responsible for her dad's death, she goes off on him.  Does the whole "get out of my face before I kill you" deal.  We then hop in the rover and head back to the Valley, Scott says something idiotic, and she playfully teases him about it.  Literally a second prior you were ready to kill him if he didn't get out of your sight, and now you're jokingly razzing him?

A bit immersion breaking.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Got 5 hrs or so out of Technomancer. The spawning started to annoy me and the thing where the enemy walks too far away and instantly regains all his health. My party was cramping my style completely. I had stealth upgraded and it never worked, I suspect because of the two idiots with zero stealth skill trying to sneak after me. Couldn't dump them either.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Tried some more XCOM Long War. I've decided I don't like it. Being on my fifth mission with nothing but rookies unable to hit the broad side of a barn is kind of frustrating. I had to deal with an Outsider and it took like 5 rounds because of misses and regen. Blew all my grenades, missed three flanked 80+ shots in a row, my only vet in the group never hit once. I basically had to finish it with suicidal flank attempts.

It wasn't exciting. And then I get back to the base and have nothing to look forward to.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got 5 hrs or so out of Technomancer. The spawning started to annoy me and the thing where the enemy walks too far away and instantly regains all his health. My party was cramping my style completely. I had stealth upgraded and it never worked, I suspect because of the two idiots with zero stealth skill trying to sneak after me. Couldn't dump them either.

The enemy walked too far away or you did? That's how the game punishes you if you try to run away and heal.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Tried some more XCOM Long War. I've decided I don't like it. Being on my fifth mission with nothing but rookies unable to hit the broad side of a barn is kind of frustrating. I had to deal with an Outsider and it took like 5 rounds because of misses and regen. Blew all my grenades, missed three flanked 80+ shots in a row, my only vet in the group never hit once. I basically had to finish it with suicidal flank attempts.

It wasn't exciting. And then I get back to the base and have nothing to look forward to.

It can be very much a slog, yes. Typically in the first month I would take 4 or 5 rookies to each mission (probably 4 for UFOs) and make sure I have at least one shotgun to deal with the Outsiders. A sawn-off shotgun on a Scout makes a lot of sense too. Flashbangs are gold against them because they have disgustingly high aim otherwise. Fortunately though, unlike XCOM 2, rookies at point blank range have 100% chance to hit, and it makes a huge difference.

The most important thing though is identify where it is before activation, using the audio cues and tile-scanning with the cursor, and by doing so you can often set up a breach where you're in a position to kill it on the move it activates.

P.S. While Normal is the minimum difficulty selectable, combining it the 'Cinematic Mode' Second Wave option is essentially the Easy difficulty, which simply adds 15% to your hit chances. There are also more 'hidden' easier difficulty levels, which are enabled by replacing the DefaultGameCore.ini file in the XEW/Config directory with the DefaultGameCore - Training.ini.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Just wait until you have to go back and forth through Ophir's Underworks.  There's a group of soldiers that seem to respawn every single time you enter and exit the zone.  It's not really a difficult fight, but it gets tedious.

I never bothered with Stealth.  Only the rare time I'd try it, but generally I'd just engage in combat since 90% of the time the enemy seemed to spot me anyway.

At some point you'll be able to remove teammates from your party.  I've never bothered because they serve their purpose as meat shields.

Replaying Fairy Fencer F, and unlocking more trophies on PS3. I have recruited two both secret characters, which I have missed when playing my first blind walkthrough two years ago. The game is nice comedy, but Compile Heart made this game much more grindy than Hyperdimension Neptunia. I really do not remember last JRPG with the exception of Star Ocean 4, which needed so much grinding for a perfect playthrough.

Still, I do not understand people complaining that JRPGs are only grind fests... I have not needed to grind in any modern JPRG, which I have played since I own PS3 to finish the game. Only when I have decided to go for all sidequests. Even Star Ocean 4, the game, which picture is in dictionary next to explanation to word grind, can be finished in less than 50 encounters *shrugs*.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Still, I do not understand people complaining that JRPGs are only grind fests... I have not needed to grind in any modern JPRG

Probably because most people are probably older (given the average age of the longtime active posters here) and tried a JRPG(s) when they were younger and they were grindfests and they were terrible. For example, I tried Quest 64 when I was younger, among a couple other ones, and that made me stay away from JRPGs for basically forever, and since I really do not like anime or anime-esque art styles, or the generally horribly written nature of JRPGs, or turn-based combat in general, well, I haven't returned.

...Although I actually like Quest 64, but regardless, there's no denying that it's a terrible game that would turn people off from JRPGs for probably life.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Well, I am very soon closing my 30s (I am already planning what should I purchase, to counter my middle age crisis haha), and I still do not feel nor remember, that any JRPG, I have ever played, needed grind to finish the main storyline :)

But I must admit, I have had access only to PS One and PS2 games.

Of course, if you wanted Tournesol in FFXII or some similar lunacy in other JRPGs, you had to spend almost 200 hours in the game, but that content was never needed for continuation of the main storyline. :)

And TBH, I read these complaints more from younger audience, than from fellow gamers around my age *shrugs*

Probably because they need strategy guides even for Call of Duty games LOL...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours