What are you playing right now?

Just successfully turned France into Holy Roman Empire and with it, I have acquired almost half of the map thanks to expansion of my vassals :D It was very long way to get the Throne, I had to fight a lot of wars with former HRE members to get first voted as an Emperor and then pass all of the needed reports.

I will have to recruit more and more armies now, because, I do not have any defense in Asia at the moment :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Played Subject 13. Weird UI to get used to, having to rotate objects around some of the time or just click and drag others. Story might be interesting if the puzzles weren't so random seeming. Having to fix button puzzles to unveil a wheel for a door, etc.

Glad I got this free.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Played some more The Dwarves.

First Beta Impressions:

The game is fun. It also is very true to the book and its plot. The "swarm" mechanic for hordes of enemies does work rather well already. It is quite fun to see a dwarf leap into a bunch of orcs, scattering them. Or swinging a huge hammer and sending them flying. It may be the best simulation I have played for great heroes fighting hordes of minions. Remains to be seen though if the combat will keep feeling great or will with repetition feel gimmicky. Also remains to be seen if the game will manage, following the book's plot faithfully, to give replayability.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

You can tell an amazing game's got released when my wife starts nagging that I don't even speak to her anymore. Guess what keeps happening since 31 of May... Oh damnit, she's right, I'm taking her to a walk around the nearby forest and then a dinner out. And what'll happen after, when we get home? I'm playing more Blood and Wine of course.

Edited by Fenixp

Playing a Kensai in BG definitely requires a different strategy I've found, They can't just wade into a fight and hack away like the other fighters can. They do a lot of damage but they take damage faster than give it. In the Nashkel mines he got chewed up and spit out by Kobolds because he just can't kill enough of them fast as needed. I'm going to try adding 2 traditional fighters, maybe Kagain & Shar-Teel and have then doing frontal assaults and use the Kensai as a flanker.

Has anyone tried this class before and have any thoughts?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Playing a Kensai in BG definitely requires a different strategy I've found, They can't just wade into a fight and hack away like the other fighters can. They do a lot of damage but they take damage faster than give it. In the Nashkel mines he got chewed up and spit out by Kobolds because he just can't kill enough of them fast as needed. I'm going to try adding 2 traditional fighters, maybe Kagain & Shar-Teel and have then doing frontal assaults and use the Kensai as a flanker.

Low level kensai doesn't really have much of an edge over regular fighters, and they are decidedly at a disadvantage because no armor and you don't get good AC bracers until later on. Kagain is an excellent tank, but since there is no "threat" in the BG games to speak of, kensai requires a hell of a lot of micromanagement, more or less the way you described, because your "tanks" will not be able to reliably keep enemies from attacking other characters in melee range. Go in, put down the hurt, get out before they can strike back. Prioritise archers and especially mages, but keep in mind that even clerics can give you a run for your money one-on-one, if they can get some buffs off.

It doesn't get better in BG2 either, which is why kensages are so popular.

edit: best item for a kensai, bar none: Boots of Speed

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The Hunter class in Destiny got the shaft with regards to the new "super kill" power compared to the Warlock and Titan.

Some of the bounties, like "30 super kills" or "kill 5 enemies in 3 seconds 5 times", are a piece of cake with the Titan and Warlock class.  Not so much with the Hunter.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Low level kensai doesn't really have much of an edge over regular fighters, and they are decidedly at a disadvantage because no armor and you don't get good AC bracers until later on. Kagain is an excellent tank, but since there is no "threat" in the BG games to speak of, kensai requires a hell of a lot of micromanagement, more or less the way you described, because your "tanks" will not be able to reliably keep enemies from attacking other characters in melee range. Go in, put down the hurt, get out before they can strike back. Prioritise archers and especially mages, but keep in mind that even clerics can give you a run for your money one-on-one, if they can get some buffs off.

Kensai-Thief=Use Any Item=Best

More Overwatch. Would be fun to win a game though. Last night was teams of 2 bastions or Pharahs and up against people who knew what was up.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gave in and bought Elder Scrolls Online during the Steam deal. Some might recall that my impressions during the beta weren't exactly stellar, but I kept hearing good things so I took the plunge after all.

I started off (as in the beta) as an Altmer Sorcerer. So far I'm enjoying it, they seem to have done away with some of the "run all over the starting area" quests that I seem to remember from the beta, so that's good. The fact that areas aren't so over-saturated quite clearly also makes a difference and I often feel like I'm strolling through a single player game (which for my purposes is a good thing, my hardcore raiding days are a ways behind me), well, until someone with a rather weird name hops past anyway.

The one annoying issue I have is inventory space, crafting components fill up your bags in a blink and the only real solution to that problem seems to be subscribing to get the endless space crafting bag, which is a bit of a downer.

Edited by marelooke

Hero stacking is starting to absolutely ruin my enjoyment of Overwatch. The game pretends you need diverse teams, but people are starting to find out a stacked team beats a diverse team every single time and the only way to defeat a stacked team is by getting another stacked team. Having to go 4 Pharah to counter 4 Torbjorn is not a meaningful choice in your gameplay, it's the only way to deal with it. I hope Blizz is going to remove hero stacking, or at least limit it to 2 per team.

What level are you guys at on Overwatch?  I'm only level 6, and I find the level of competition pretty easy.  I imagine it will get crazy the higher I go.  In fact I'm pretty nervous about it, I am a sore loser.  :p

• Like 1

Kensai-Mage-Thief = Use Any Item + Magic = More Betterest :)

(Yes I know this only works if you cheat and use EEKeeper, but is a perfectly allowable combination in PnP, so I don't care. :p)

Edited by Vaeliorin

(Yes I know this only works if you cheat and use EEKeeper, but is a perfectly allowable combination in PnP, so I don't care. :p)

Uh, actually, Kensai doesn't even exist in 2E to beign with, and its appearance in Baldur's Gate is a totally made up (by the BG developers) derivative of the 1E class, and it was clearly never really thought through enough to be balanced with the 2E systems (and hence why some mods change the class to disallow it from being dual-classed, which would also presumably disallow multi-classing with it). So I'm not sure I would feel so comfortable justifying using a totally broken combination by saying "but PnP!", personally...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

What level are you guys at on Overwatch? I'm only level 6, and I find the level of competition pretty easy. I imagine it will get crazy the higher I go. In fact I'm pretty nervous about it, I am a sore loser. :p

17 here. Fighting lvl 33 people and so on. Naturally it is my teammates that suck.

• Like 1

Kensai-Mage-Thief = Use Any Item + Magic = More Betterest :)

Hmm, I'm going to give this a try for my first full playthrough of the entire series.

I have no problem cheating in games I play by myself for fun

Unless there is a mod that adds the warlock class

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

So many people playing Overwatch.  I didn't realize there were these many FPS multiplayer fans on here.

I typically am not, but Blizzard has a well deserved reputation for delivering a fun experience that is easy to take in casually.  

• Like 1

Uh, actually, Kensai doesn't even exist in 2E to beign with, and its appearance in Baldur's Gate is a totally made up (by the BG developers) derivative of the 1E class, and it was clearly never really thought through enough to be balanced with the 2E systems (and hence why some mods change the class to disallow it from being dual-classed, which would also presumably disallow multi-classing with it). So I'm not sure I would feel so comfortable justifying using a totally broken combination by saying "but PnP!", personally...

Someone over at the BD forum made a mod that disallows dual class kensai, but also makes it work more in line with its own description: forcing it to specialize in one weapon that you choose at level 1, and preventing you from putting pips in any other proficiency. I thought it was a good way to rebalance it, but it didn't really sound... fun. Me, I'm more of a Berserker guy. But then that one is broken in its own way...

Unless there is a mod that adds the warlock class

Ask and ye shall receive!

(EE-only, haven't tried it myself)

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

a while ago i got the Drak Forces/Jedi Knight collection on gog and i tried to play Dark Forces 1 that i had never played before. runs fine, but it's age shows in every aspect. the graphics, while OLD, aren't all that bad and i got used to them pretty soon but the controls are a mess and without the minimal customization... the various functions are spread all over the keyboard and the lack of vertical aiming coupled with turrets on the ceiling makes certain parts impossible to pass without enough health to just run through the fire. also the lack of strafing and vertical aiming makes moving through certain spots or jumping a chore since i never know for sure how close to the edge i am

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

That was more a comment on having a kit for a single class in a multi-class being allowed. I honestly didn't know the Kensai wasn't an actual kit, as I don't have them all memorized (I haven't played 2E in forever, and I honestly kind of hate the ruleset.) Also, I'm kind of surprised it never ended up being a kit given all the official extra stuff that got published. It's not like it's that wacky compared to multi-class paladins and bards in a 2E context.

To be totally honest, I don't really care even if it isn't technically true to PnP, and it honestly isn't even that broken compared to things like ranger/clerics, sorcerers, or just simple pure mages (f/m/t doesn't get 9th level spells or mage HLA's, after all.) In truth, I'd rather play a F/M/Swashbuckler, but you can still backstab when you do that, so it feels more cheaty to me.

Edit: In extra truth, I'd rather play a F/T/C, but that's not possible (though I imagine there's a mod for it.)

Edited by Vaeliorin

I have no problem with anybody playing whatever they want - I just didn't care for the "but PnP!" justification, :p.

Also, sadly, the base classes (including the multi-classes) are, to my understanding, hardcoded, and so there aren't additional base classes or multi-classes. I'd always wanted to trying solo-ing with a Mage/Cleric/Thief, but alas, it's not possible.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It has been a hell of a long time since I did "D&D math". Originally I was just going to specialize my K in two handed swords because there are a few good ones. But although K's get great THAC0 bonuses they only get speed factor bonuses with specialization slots.So I got to looking. Katana's are out. Not enough good ones in the game. But short swords however...With the extra Speed Factor (best for any 1d6 weapon) plus the K's bonuses to THAC0 & damage and dual wielding it comes out like this: Level 15 2H Swords with max damage = 2(10 + 4 + 3) = 34 damage per round. Short Swords dual wielded is  3.5 (6 + 4 + 3) = 45.5 per round. But after 2 rounds the K will have attempted 4 hits with the 2H sword but 7 with the dual wield short swords. Dual wielding smaller weapons s definitely the way to go. And that is not even cheating.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell