What are you playing right now?

I appreciate how AssCreed is the only AAA game series where one can actually learn something.

The Total War serie's encyclopedias and descriptions can be quite educational... And I think I learned more from Civilization about history (mostly being inspired to read up on it myself) than I did in actual history class.

But yeah, I loved reading the data entries in Assassins Creed, made the world feel quite alive.

Fortune favors the bald.

Back in the days, Rome 1 got me into italian and greek history. Also developed a bigger interest in ancient egypt. Games certainly can light the fire.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

If there's an Elo system or similar, you probably got them because they had low MMR.

Probably.

But they really... were not that good. The guy playing Rath should have wooped the floor with me. I went into that game expecting to spend all my time respawning.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Overwatch is pretty fun at the low levels.  I realize I will rank up and get slaughtered by good players, but right now I'm enjoying being decent.  Reinhardt and his giant shield is a blast.  

• Like 2

fellow blood and wine player here.

i trust it is money well spent. i doubt it first to spend damn 20 bucks on a DLC, but after 5 hours playing, no ragrets so far

Hearts of Stone was a large DLC (by my reckoning), while Blood and Wine is a true expansion. Twenty dollars for an expansion isn't bad.

People in Overwatch, please oh dear god please play the objective instead of chasing kills in the middle of nowhere. This is getting very tiresome. It reminds me of World of WarCraft PvP where people would stand in the middle of the battleground and try to kill each other for honor points instead of capturing the flag, but there aren't even any honor points to earn. :(

• Like 1

People in Overwatch, please oh dear god please play the objective instead of chasing kills in the middle of nowhere. This is getting very tiresome. It reminds me of World of WarCraft PvP where people would stand in the middle of the battleground and try to kill each other for honor points instead of capturing the flag, but there aren't even any honor points to earn. :(

Oh PvP, where my hope for humanity died.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Tried playing Shayne and Aurox yesterday in Battleborn. Didn't expect it (and didn't use Shayne's stealth as it was a story mission), but this character is fun. Borderlands fun. They should make them a Borderlands dlc.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Am I really the only one playing Blood and Wine? Shame on you people.

I'm playing The Witcher 3 but I'm only level 11, so...Blood and Wine would probably be a little tough.

I'll admit, I'm wishing there was a skip combat button. Not because it's hard, but just because it's dull. Comparing it to Shadow of Mordor, Dark Souls or even Kingdoms of Amalur may be unfair (say what you want about Kingdoms of Amalur, but it had the most fun not trying to be super difficult or cinematic action combat I've ever encountered...quick switching between weapons, juggling enemies, and over the top finishers is lots of fun), but I even found Witcher 2 combat more fun (outside of the stupid potion mechanic). At least in Witcher 2 I could screw around with traps, bombs and just generally goof around, but in Witcher 3 all the enemies are so jumpy that hitting them with bombs or the crossbow is a pain (it would be less so if I didn't have to hold down the middle mouse while aiming.) Yrden got nerfed to uselessness, too. I feel like I should always be using oils since they don't get used up, but actually applying them is a pain (if I could make the mouse wheel scroll through oils and middle-click applied them, that would be so much better.) The occasional "LOL, here's an enemy 3 times the level of the other enemies in this area!" I could do without, as well (I was in a cave earlier tonight killing level 7 wraiths, then all of a sudden here's a level 20...something with an L that teleports, is now between me and the exit, and proceeded to 2 shot me with 2 quick strikes.) The fact that blue mutagens seem to drop like candy (I already have 2 greater blue mutagens made, which is what I need for my build), green are somewhat common, and getting red mutagen is like pulling teeth (I've found 1 lesser and I'll need 2 greater eventually) is a bit frustrating. I'd rather they all be somewhat rare rather than having 1 be incredibly common.

I love the quests, exploring, and even just riding Roach around. Gwent is fun (though I'd like to be able to try out other factions, I just don't have the cards for them yet) and so is horse racing. The quests are incredible, the decisions are often really hard (I still am not comfortable having released whatever it was underneath that tree, but screw those hag things in Crookback Bog) and the game is just freaking beautiful (though I did have an issue earlier where I started a conversation with Geralt's back to the sunset, and the color and brightness of the setting sun made the dialogue options all but impossible to read.)

Also, installing Blood and Wine reset my keybindings. Hopefully any future patches won't do the same.

Tales of hearts R for PlayStation Vita. I am enjoying this more than recent console offerings in the series. Feels more old school in a good way.

I wish, they would offer it for PS3/4 as well. And Tales of Vesperia, too :-(

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Spent some time on the latest episode of Hitman.  Once again, the level itself is rather brilliant, the mechanics of the gameplay are sweet, the open nature and all the possibilities to try to complete it are great. But storywise, apart from a few bits hidden around the level itself, the only story you get is another 30 second cinematic at the end. Okay, maybe a little longer than 30 seconds but....

So far, this has basically come down to 2 training levels, 3 actual game levels, and about 5 minutes of cinematics telling a story. All of which is mysterious, clouded, and pretty much suggesting there's someone being a puppetmaster and using the agency and Agent 47 as a catspaw against some vast conspiracy group.  But nothing direct with Agent 47. So in a lot of ways, 47 isn't really the protagonist of this plot. As far as you are concerned as 47, nothing you've done so far is connected together in any way. Each episode is a random, one shot mission. In the grand meta-scheme of it all, you're aware that they are all tied in some way to this conspiracy group and the guy manipulating events..but nothing solid.

So yes. Mechanically fun to play in, but sadly lacking the spirit of the Hitman story at the moment.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Started playing The Walking Dead Season 1 for the first time. I'm really liking the story and the characters so far and the puzzles and choices that I've encountered were pretty interesting. 

I also finished the contracts in The Witcher 3 and started Hearts of Stone. I downloaded the latest update(1.20) too which is pretty damn neat. Lots of changes that make an already superb game a lot more fun to play but the combat still leaves a bit to be desired. Enemies either die too quickly or kill you with a few hits and the camera/lock-on system can get pretty annoying, especially in tight spaces. Wish CD Project Red had concentrated a little bit more on the combat.

And last bust not least: man, after all these years there is still not a single dull moment in The Ultimate DOOM. Blasting demons to bits with bare fists never feels this good. :) Add me on steam and we might be able to arrange some old-school co-op fun.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Tales of hearts R for PlayStation Vita. I am enjoying this more than recent console offerings in the series. Feels more old school in a good way.

I wish, they would offer it for PS3/4 as well. And Tales of Vesperia, too :-(

I think Vesperia can be played on PS3 with an English fan translation. I am not sure if it is complete or not. Problem is that you need a hacked PS3.

I know about that, but not planning to hack my PS3 anytime soon :-( I just wish, they would go for the fullfledged translation. If they remade ToSymphonia, there is still hope, that they might one day remake it for PS4 as well, well see if my dreams will be fulfilled :-)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is already available for PS3. It contains a remake of both the Gamecube game and the Wii game. I also wish there was a remake of Tales of Vesperia as I often hear it's the best Tales game.

At least there is a Valkyria Chronicles remake for the PS4. Gotta buy it next month as it has been on my wishlist for years. I also saw Valkyria Chronicles 2 on sale for the PSP a week ago or so. Wondering if it's worth buying.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

Well, I have a level 39 character for The Witcher 3 on the PS4, and I started Blood and Wine, but only about the first 30 minutes.  Really enjoying the setting so far, but that game save was back from when I finished Hearts of Stone a long time ago and I've since started over the PC and am currently level 17 in Novigrad, so find it hard, when I have free time, deciding what to play, because I know it's going to be a long while till I hit B&W on PC, since I'm 30 hours into this playthrough at level 17 lol.  I love the game, so that's not the problem, and am really looking forward to B&W, but the game looks and runs better on my pc, which is not high end at all, so I'll probably stick to PC for awhile, who knows.

Been playing a good deal of Overwatch and just loving it.  Excited for Competitive Play and my friend who I typically played and myself are in total agreement with those on the board that play and are wanting their teammates on focus on the objectives lol

Well, I have a level 39 character for The Witcher 3 on the PS4, and I started Blood and Wine, but only about the first 30 minutes. Really enjoying the setting so far, but that game save was back from when I finished Hearts of Stone a long time ago and I've since started over the PC and am currently level 17 in Novigrad, so find it hard, when I have free time, deciding what to play, because I know it's going to be a long while till I hit B&W on PC, since I'm 30 hours into this playthrough at level 17 lol. I love the game, so that's not the problem, and am really looking forward to B&W, but the game looks and runs better on my pc, which is not high end at all, so I'll probably stick to PC for awhile, who knows.

If you want to level faster in TW3 on PC, there mods to increase xp rewards. The bigger hurdle is the main game quest that acts as the requirement to start B&W is in the middle of the game.

Well, I have a level 39 character for The Witcher 3 on the PS4, and I started Blood and Wine, but only about the first 30 minutes. Really enjoying the setting so far, but that game save was back from when I finished Hearts of Stone a long time ago and I've since started over the PC and am currently level 17 in Novigrad, so find it hard, when I have free time, deciding what to play, because I know it's going to be a long while till I hit B&W on PC, since I'm 30 hours into this playthrough at level 17 lol. I love the game, so that's not the problem, and am really looking forward to B&W, but the game looks and runs better on my pc, which is not high end at all, so I'll probably stick to PC for awhile, who knows.

If you want to level faster in TW3 on PC, there mods to increase xp rewards. The bigger hurdle is the main game quest that acts as the requirement to start B&W is in the middle of the game.

I know, but it's been a long time since I've been through the main game, and it's been a good refresher, it's a love(the Game)/hate(lack of free time to play) attitude I have right now.

Played a little XCOM: Enemy Within as a time waster before I went to bed. Was still in the tutorial when I stopped, but it seems promising so far. That's assuming the hand-holding and constant interruption by low FPS pre-rendered cinematics stops once the tutorial ends.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Baldur's Gate enhanced edition. I've never played a Kensai, thought I'd give it a try.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I stared Sword Coast Legends: Rage of Demons.  I've only played about an hour so far and haven't had a single battle yet (which is fine by me).  Right now I'm investigating some thefts and getting involved in a Drow assassination plot.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

While playing The Ultimate DOOM today, I discovered a secret exit in E2M5 and it took me to a secret level with 4 cyber demons suddenly appearing out of nowhere.