What are you playing right now?

I started playing Magrunner: The Dark Pulse, it's a game I got for free from GOG a while back but never got around to playing.  No Linux version but it runs perfectly via WINE (and since I didn't pay anything it doesn't break my own personal rule of buying Linux supported games only).  Much like the other Portal-alikes I've played recently, it has decent graphics and wooden voice acting.  The jury is still out on how good the puzzles are, given I just started.  The story seems to be going down the standard conspiracy path.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That moment in Battleborn when you're the support but you're the only one attacking the enemy Sentinel because everyone else is god knows where gathering shards.

Also:

That moment in Battleborn when you're the support but you're the only one defending your Sentinel because everyone else is... no idea what everyone else is doing...

But we won the last match :)

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

there is one thing i don't like in overwatch: the so detailed background stories about the characters and the world. it feels like Blizzard is saying "look what a great single player campaign we could have made... but we won't, suck it"

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Finished Episode 1 in The Ultimate DOOM. Playing this game on Ultra Violence is simply the best fps experience I've ever had in my life.  The music is awesome, the monsters fight each other, get in each others way, try to attack you in tight spaces but accidentally run into teleports, every weapon is useful(even the chainsaw...especially the chainsaw!), level design is superb....The only thing I've added to the game is that I play it with a mouse+keyboard now, back in the days I just used the keyboard. But with the addition of mouse it is a lot easier to turn around while strafing and dodging missles and fireballs. 

I'm gonna play through the whole DOOM Classic Complete and then do a replay of all the games but with Brutal DOOM or Project Brutality. 

After I'm done with DOOM I'll go ahead and meet the other love of my life! and treat her in a similar manner.

Life is Good!  :yes:

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Finished Episode 1 in The Ultimate DOOM. Playing this game on Ultra Violence is simply the best fps experience I've ever had in my life. The music is awesome, the monsters fight each other, get in each others way, try to attack you in tight spaces but accidentally run into teleports, every weapon is useful(even the chainsaw...especially the chainsaw!), level design is superb....The only thing I've added to the game is that I play it with a mouse+keyboard now, back in the days I just used the keyboard. But with the addition of mouse it is a lot easier to turn around while strafing and dodging missles and fireballs.

I'm gonna play through the whole DOOM Classic Complete and then do a replay of all the games but with Brutal DOOM or Project Brutality.

After I'm done with DOOM I'll go ahead and meet the other love of my life! and treat her in a similar manner.

Life is Good! :yes:

Interesting, that you do not complain aboit GFX like you did with Doom 2016 :-P Anyway, Doom is for me still pinacle of Sci-fi FPS and not much have catched the atmosphere as good as they did. The level design and music were just amazing and made the game even more adrenaline. My favourite gameplay was my challenge on Ultraviolence and saving only at the start of the each level. Finished all 3 episodes that way :-D Haven't played the 4th episode of Ultimate Doom though.

Edit: Though my favourite FPS up to this day is Hexen 1.

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Still playing total war warhammer and tbh think I will be playing the game for a very very long time. Just having a blast with it. The Woman got me Doom 4 for the ps4 for my bday yesterday but haven't gotten to play it yet since they in town and spending time with her and my other kids before they go back.

Also playing plants vs zombies 2 with my kids and tbh it is a fun game lol. Me and my youngest daughter whupping ass in the ps4 one piece game, finally FINALLY they getting old enough to appreciate manga and anime lol, been trying for years and NOW finally they liking manga and anime lol. Now I just gotta monitor which ones they watch and read lol.

Dabbled with Hitman.

Still finding a few fresh ways to kill the targets in the second episode.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I finished Magrunner.  Decent puzzle game.  I'd put it behind The Talos Principle and Portal Stories Mel and ahead of Attractio as far as Portal-alikes go.  Fairly good looking game with... acceptable voice acting.  The story was nothing to write home about, but I did appreciate the Lovecraftian theme.  The puzzles were generally decent, though a little easy for my liking.  Portal Stories Mel and especially The Talos Principle had more challenging puzzles, which is partly why I rate those games higher (The Talos Principle had some truly devious puzzles). 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Edit: Though my favourite FPS up to this day is Hexen 1.

Oooops, now look what you just did! :)

Gotta play em all. I remember playing Heretic a lot. I just noticed that I also have the original jewel case 'Hexen 2: Portal of Praevus' mission pack. Now, I just have to find it. 

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Decided to bite on Overwatch.  So far so good, they've got a big roster of characters.  I played my first round with the turret Bastion, and managed to kill 25 people to only 5 deaths.  I'm typically the guy that tries to get a 1 to 1 ratio, so that was a surprise.  It might just be that I'm playing at a pretty low rank to start off, but it was a nice way to begin.  

Kind of makes me sad they didn't turn it into an MMO, it is a very good little universe they've put together.

Back to Destiny for a bit.  I finished all the content in the Division (apart from Dark Zone stuff that I hate), and I didn't want to get invested in Uncharted 4 right now because my gaming time is a bit limited.

Destiny's good because you can pop on for half an hour or so and just do the daily bounties without having to get too invested in the game or pay attention to what's going on in the story.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished all eight story missions in Battleborn. Writing wise I find it an improvement over Borderlands. It is humorous without being immature - no midget jokes, no gay jokes or other attempts to be crass for the lulz. The missions are a bit like taking the main story missions from Borderlands and leaving out all the rest. So they are a tad disjointed when looking at the overall story, but you also are mostly spared boring fetch quests. They could have done more with the setting, and while another five missions will be added through the season pass, from the way the game is set up and the story ends, those will add more disjointed stories to the timeline and not flesh out the bits in between.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Democracy 3, because after all, there's an election campaign already in full swing here. It's okay in what it tries to do, but is fairly self-limiting by essentially boiling down politics to starting you at below 5% approval as a newly elected government (which makes no sense at all), then seeing if you can get to 50%+ approval over the course of your first term to be able to stay in power. It's trivial to win any subsequent elections (if you set the term limit to anything more than two), so the game essentially ends right there whether you win or lose, so it's a very short game indeed.

Fire Emblem Fates, only up to chapter 4 which is still in the tutorial part of the game. Too early to make any sort of definitive calls, but on current evidence, it's a regression from the previous game. Character creation is somehow more confusing while having fewer options, and the art direction and story are as subtle as a brick through the window. Your "home" looks like frikkin' Mordor and you're just meant to accept this as normal everyday life...

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Am I really the only one playing Blood and Wine? Shame on you people.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You enter match making and when you look at the line-ups, the opposing team has only one player at lower rank than your team's highest rank, most of their players are more than double the rank of all but one player on your team (certainly closer to triple or even quadruple your rank), and to add to that, 4 out of 5 are a pre-made, with their fifth being rank 98 out of 100 (I'm a lowly 17). Then the match starts, someone says "We got this!" and after 8.5 minutes the opposing team surrenders...

Either we were simply awesome, or high level pre-mades aren't what they used to.

SoFbr8f.jpg

You enter match making and when you look at the line-ups, the opposing team has only one player at lower rank than your team's highest rank, most of their players are more than double the rank of all but one player on your team (certainly closer to triple or even quadruple your rank), and to add to that, 4 out of 5 are a pre-made, with their fifth being rank 98 out of 100 (I'm a lowly 17). Then the match starts, someone says "We got this!" and after 8.5 minutes the opposing team surrenders...

Either we were simply awesome, or high level pre-mades aren't what they used to.

SoFbr8f.jpg

If there's an Elo system or similar, you probably got them because they had low MMR.