I would pay to reset powers in quest mode.

Just looked over my level 32 Sajan and realized I picked his power to add 6 to acquire liquids because I saw the icon and thought it was the ability to bury. I really don't want to start him over and that talent would have been the LAST to pickup. Is there any hope ofa talent reset function in the future?

Edited by delpheki
  • Like 1

I second this idea. Give us the ability to change roles and other things so that we can get around these broken mechanics. And by broken I mean both because of bugs and actual gameplay.

Bug example - Meri loses blessings left and right for her dex recharging (esp when played on another character)

Gameplay mechanics example - Valeros armor recharge, which clearly has a breastplate icon, does nothing. Armors are thrown into the discharge and bury piles without any sort of check to recharge. Just awful.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure about a function that let you reset the whole skills , powers , card feats at your fancy but I'm for an option to let you change that last card feat, skills or power in case the player is misinformed, misinterpreted or just plain screw up his selection. We all have been there .

Personally I feel cheated after putting cash towards this game and picking roles that claim to do something beneficial for the characters. The Meri and Val examples were the ones that I picked. Meri's issue is obviously a bug, but Val's issue ... That one I'm not sure about. I'm waiting to hear anything official about what exactly "armor mastery" is supposed to do. It does not give you any sort of recharge ability for breastplates - even though the icon for the ability is a breastplate. If this is working as intended, I'll be pretty upset.

Personally I feel cheated after putting cash towards this game and picking roles that claim to do something beneficial for the characters. The Meri and Val examples were the ones that I picked. Meri's issue is obviously a bug, but Val's issue ... That one I'm not sure about. I'm waiting to hear anything official about what exactly "armor mastery" is supposed to do. It does not give you any sort of recharge ability for breastplates - even though the icon for the ability is a breastplate. If this is working as intended, I'll be pretty upset.

The game is probably demanding in terms of knowing the exact terminology and what it means. In this case playing the armour means in a situation where you discard the armour for some known effect stated on the card description. Discarding the armour to reduce combat damage doesn't count toward " playing " the armor card so presumably you are unhappy over this , that you can't recharge an armour you have to discard from damage or burying. As of now most armour doesn't have the discarding option but maybe there will be more in future packs. So it is working as intended I believe unless a specific armor card with discard feature doesn't recharge with that armor mastery

Ya, I wanna hear the answer from staff.

What's the point of taking this role if it doesn't apply to any armor because it's not being "played" if I choose to discard it to absorb damage?

Let's say I take 1 point of poison damage and I have Magic Half-Plate in my hand. I can't recharge it because of the nature of the poison damage (as opposed to combat damage). In my opinion, I should be able to discard it and have Val's armor proficiency kick in to recharge it.

If that's not the case, then what? It's either a complete waste and my character is stuck in this role for good, or I should just wait for a few months and hope a couple armors actually have some sort of "discard" feature? I mean for gods sake, the icon for armor mastery is a breastplate lol. Highly misleading if I can't actually recharge a breastplate! Lol. I would go so far as to say even buried breastplates should be recharged for someone who chooses to take this role.

Yes, you Are in wrong place to ask that armor rule. Paizo Forum is for that. But the armor power is working just as it should be, there just Are not so Many armours that have a power that say: "Discard this armor to do X."

So it is not a bug. Most propably Paizo developers where going to release more armours when They developed this power Many, Many years ago, but find out that discard a armour to do something was not so cool idea after all...

Havkmoon may remember where there is an official ansver to this in Paizo forums. He has incredble memory of all these Pathfinder rules!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1209151/guardian-role-sugestion-

One official ansver here:

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qo2w?Question-about-the-Guardian-Role-for-Valeros#1

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 1

Ya, I wanna hear the answer from staff.

What's the point of taking this role if it doesn't apply to any armor because it's not being "played" if I choose to discard it to absorb damage?

When you play a weapon ( [ x ] or armor), you may recharge it instead of discarding it.

This power feat simply turns all instances of "discard" on armor (both light and heavy and shields and helmets) to recharge instead.  Magical Half Plate does not have any discard component to it.  The card already has baked in the ability to recharge combat damage.  It's second condition simply a Banish/Bury situation.  So yes, not applicable.   This is generally by design, because you need mechanics to make later game items stronger and better, and those will start having discard on them instead of Bury and block more types of damage.  

To answer your question clearly, there are some items that will take advantage of this feat (but not many) in Rise of the Runelords: They start to be introduced in Adventure 5. The downside is... it doesn't make them much better than their default.  One example is

s-l300.jpg

Normally, anyone not proficient Banishs this card for reduce all damage... but Valeros would typically discard.  Now, with this feat, it's recharged as well.  In addition, this card is reduce ALL damage... so not just combat damage, but also before you act damage, poison damage, etc.  

If they wanted this feat to be strong, this card would initially be designed to recharge to reduce 3 combat, and Bury to reduce all types of damage, but alas, they did not.

IMO, this is a feat that you are supposed to take later, but I understand how the app can confuse expectations on this.  

There are other cards that use discard for other things, such as Spiny Shield that let you discard to add 1d4 to your attack and turn it ranged (which can be useful if something has a check to defeat ranged), assuming you are using a 1 handed weapon instead of a 2 handed weapon.  

I have no clue if any of the Treasure Chest Cards have this as well.  

Concerning Power Feats Inside the App in General

I personally think this is one area where the app does a poor job.  The actual pathfinder role cards and player sheets are much much cleaner to both understand and not be mislead.  (The icons/skill names for instance in the app, while needed for UI association, are Obsidian made up).  As someone who PLAYS the real card game.. I had a hard time following the power feats, and would have been much happier if they kept it similar to this, which I feel is much more cleaner and easier to understand.  

Valarois Character Sheet -

tZZOBvr.jpg

Edited by wakasm

There are other cards that use discard for other things, such as Spiny Shield that let you discard to add 1d4 to your attack and turn it ranged (which can be useful if something has a check to defeat ranged), assuming you are using a 1 handed weapon instead of a 2 handed weapon.  

I don't think there's anything that requires Ranged to defeat, but it does make you eligible to add a Black Arrow Ranger to your check, for example (while at the same time it would increase the difficulty of Tsuto Kaijitsu).

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Yes, you Are in wrong phase to ask that armor rule. Paizo Forum is for that. But the armor power is working just as it should be, there just Are not so Many armours that have a power that say. Discard this armor to do X.

So it is another a bug. Most propably Paizo developers where going to release more armours when They developed this power Many, Many years ago, but find out that discard a armour to do something was not so cool idea after all...

Havkmoon may remember where there is an official ansver to this in Paizo forums. He has incredble memory of all these Pathfinder rules!

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qo2w?Question-about-the-Guardian-Role-for-Valeros#1

Whilst that may have been the intention but over the years since then, and I had a peek at the base cards pre 1.03 of future packs, I noticed there just aren't many armour with the discard effect. Of course, just another impetus for obsidian to add more treasure armor card to flesh out the instance here wherein that power of guardian valeros seemingly has little applicable usage

Yes, you Are in wrong phase to ask that armor rule. Paizo Forum is for that. But the armor power is working just as it should be, there just Are not so Many armours that have a power that say. Discard this armor to do X.

So it is another a bug. Most propably Paizo developers where going to release more armours when They developed this power Many, Many years ago, but find out that discard a armour to do something was not so cool idea after all...

Whilst that may have been the intention but over the years since then, and I had a peek at the base cards pre 1.03 of future packs, I noticed there just aren't many armour with the discard effect. Of course, just another impetus for obsidian to add more treasure armor card to flesh out the instance here wherein that power of guardian valeros seemingly has little applicable usage

But any armour that has discard effect would be nice to have in the treasure chests! It would make this power much more usefull, so I like your idea about that a lot! I have all class decks by my self and there Are not so Many in there neither, thought... But even a Little would help.

Every character has powers that Are not so cool, so this is actually balanced out.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

As for the why - we got off topic. My point is, if there's a role, etc that has a bit of a grey area that can't be explained in a short phrase in the digital version except quoting the physical game then maybe we should have the option of changing that role? Just saying...

Also, I appreciate the spoiler about armors yet to come. Maybe I won't scrap Val as originally planned.

Edited by Srvannor
  • Like 1

Funny story, I almost campaigned to change Valeros' armor power feat, until my programmer, George, pointed out a number of armor cards that take advantage of discard.

We do want to support a way to reset powers eventually, but it may be a little bit. I'll probably package it with another feature set that I can't talk about yet.

...secrets...

Matt-Smith-gifs-the-eleventh-doctor-3322

Funny story, I almost campaigned to change Valeros' armor power feat, until my programmer, George, pointed out a number of armor cards that take advantage of discard.

We do want to support a way to reset powers eventually, but it may be a little bit. I'll probably package it with another feature set that I can't talk about yet.

...secrets...

Lol cheers. I'll keep Val the way he is. If I'm not mistaken, I could've sworn I collected a light armor with the discard trait out of deck 4 (from a chest). I'll have to double check when I get a chance. But thanks for the teaser, and letting us know his role will be useful :)

...secrets...

Reset powers....Time Lord....Undo Mistakes?.....SAVE FEATURE??