General Store Closing Glitch

kurtalb1

Question

iPad 4, iOS 8.4.1, Quest Mode, PA Version 1.0.3

After closing General Store when items are generated and then it gives the character an item, the central display area goes black. Exited and "Continued" a few times but to no avail. Was forced to forfeit game. Hopefully screenshot uploaded.

post-140391-0-95264200-1464451681_thumb.jpg

17 answers to this question

Hey there.

iPad Air2
iOS 9.3.2

I just had the same issue on Turn 19 of Here Comes the Flood.  Closed the location by banishing an Amulet of Fortitude.  Dice rolled for item, rolled a 5, game draws 5 items as expected.  Attempts to display the card and the following occurs:

c36c7b98ce4c3f263c2e4d69b240af6a.jpg

I logged out and back in, started the scenario.  Back to the store, rolls for number of items, this time it rolls a 4, game draws 4 items as expected.  Attempts to display the card and the following and the same screen appears.

I was able to access all other characters, all other buttons were functioning.

I then forfeited the game and  the warning about characters dieing appeared. It then went through the Blessing deck.

I expected to lose, but instead the victory dialogue appeared and the game proceed to give me 100 gold and the three allies i had rescued.  I then continued through the post scenario screens as per normal.

At the adventure screen, it did not allow me to progress to the next scenario and did not show Heres comes the flood as complete.

Thanks 

I encountered this bug as well on Here comes the flood.  

I tried to restart my iPad, close out the app, and it still would make me roll for items again at the general store, background screen would go black, and it would not let me progress.

I also forfeited the game, it gave me the victory screen, but then when I went make to the main screen, it said that I did not complete the scenario. Definitely a big bug.

I have an iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.3.2 (latest update).

Yep same problem here. It seems best to avoid closing locations in here comes the Flood scenario. I have not encountered progression problems when not closing... so far at least. So replaying the skenario opened me the option to continue higher difficulty level, but this time I did not close any locations in that scenario.

This just happened to me in Local Heroes. The location (General Store) had no cards (previous character didn't want to banish any cards in hand to close it), Ezren came in, banished a wooden shield, rolled for random items, 1 item revealed a blank screen identical to the screenshot posted above and nothing short of forfeiting the scenario would get me past the bug.

Ugh.

Second time this has happened to me and had to forfeit both times. I paid a little more attention this time and it was while closing the general store during Here Comes the Flood by Seelah. My screenshot looks the same, black screen as soon as the roll is complete and the item is about to be revealed. Tried the same recovery steps with no avail, restarted ipad and application :(.

After the General Store progression break, I forfeited the game and replayed it.   I have successfully completed it several times.    

However.....

Successful completions do NOT complete the scenario for progression through the adventure.   Until a patch is out, I am stuck replaying the same scenario, or playing in quest mode.

I hope that we see this patch very soon.

After the General Store progression break, I forfeited the game and replayed it.   I have successfully completed it several times.    

However.....

Successful completions do NOT complete the scenario for progression through the adventure.   Until a patch is out, I am stuck replaying the same scenario, or playing in quest mode.

I hope that we see this patch very soon.

Make sure your heroes get the last card in the game, not the Black Magga.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Hey guys!

Any chance someone on Android would be willing to provide a save file when the issue with the general store is encountered?  We've tracked down some of the other issues mentioned in this thread, but this one remains elusive for us, and the save would help immensely!

To acquire saves:

1. Connect the Android Device to your PC.
  2. Open Windows Explorer and open the device
  3. Open the Android Folder, then data -> net.obsidian.pacg1 -> files
  4. Copy the PACG1_SAVE_GAMES folder to your PC
  5. Zip and send!

Whomever may provide a save, please PM it to me. :)

Thanks!

• Like 1

I got past Undead Uprising by not permanently closing the general store.

I believe every time that location has bugged out for me, I left it open after encountering the henchman to acquire all of the items in it. I believe that it worked OK when I closed it immediately after defeating the henchman.

Hey guys!

Any chance someone on Android would be willing to provide a save file when the issue with the general store is encountered?  We've tracked down some of the other issues mentioned in this thread, but this one remains elusive for us, and the save would help immensely!

To acquire saves:

1. Connect the Android Device to your PC.
  2. Open Windows Explorer and open the device
  3. Open the Android Folder, then data -> net.obsidian.pacg1 -> files
  4. Copy the PACG1_SAVE_GAMES folder to your PC
  5. Zip and send!

Whomever may provide a save, please PM it to me. :)

Thanks!

I've just sent you a PM, I have my save file. Hopefully it will help!

Same issue. I've been playing this game since the first day it was released, playing over 50 games so far, and have not come across this issue before. I am playing this on a iPad 3, iOS 9.3.2 (just updated earlier today!). 

• Pathfinder Adventures, Hook Mountain Horror, Here Comes the Flood, closing the General Store. D6 rolls for items, background and card goes black. Everything else still seems to work, ie. game is not locked or hung

I will keep the game at this point if anyone from Obsidian wants to get back to me to try something out.