Wizards are completely useless!

It's the fox that does 80-100 crit damage, not Sagani! :lol:

I would always give the "Persistence" hunting bow to Sagani (to be found on lvl 4 of the Endless Paths). Best ranged weapon for single target dps AND triggers Predator's Sense for the fox automatically. A good alternative with Twinned Arrows and Driving Flight is the soulbound hunting bow "Stormcaller". But I like sticking to Persistence.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It's the fox that does 80-100 crit damage, not Sagani! :lol:

I would always give the "Persistence" hunting bow to Sagani (to be found on lvl 4 of the Endless Paths). Best ranged weapon for single target dps AND triggers Predator's Sense for the fox automatically. A good alternative with Twinned Arrows and Drining Flight is the soulbound hunting bow "Stormcaller". But I like sticking to Persistence.

Really ? Nice ...When I saw Sagani fox attacked an enemy on the ground (kicked back), I didn't even notified any change to the lifebar..; 

I should re-roll her and try to make something good with her...

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

Maybe the fox missed the attack in that moment. That can happen. Its accuracy is not superhigh. I like attacking soft targets with it (esp. with low deflection) because in combination with Sagani's bow shots usually one bite of the fox is enough to finish the enemy - and then the slow attack speed isn't that much of a problem.

Edited by Boeroer

Maybe the foxed missed the attack in that moment. That can happen. Its accuracy is not superhigh. I like attacking soft targets with it (esp. with low deflection) because in combination with Sagani's bow shots usually one bite of the fox is enough to finish the enemy - and then the slow attack speed isn't that much of a problem.

You know, it is possible, because I didn't payed attention to the attack log... And may be for Sagani I should give her a more powerful weapon, I wanted to stay with her default bow because it is a dual type of attack bow (pierce and blunt) but may be she desserve a better weapon.. The lack of abilities for Sagani disturb me a bit too, but I didn't played with her since a few days, I should look at her now at lv14 (she is probably still lv8 more or less) ....

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

I think it would be right if the Mage ended Mana in combat. And after the battle, it is restored. And slowly recovered during the battle.

The same is about the parameters of Health and Strength (Warriors).

Continually run to the nearest city, or light a fire every 10 minutes for a rest, in the dungeons - it's very stupid.

• Like 1

I think it would be right if the Mage ended Mana in combat. And after the battle, it is restored. And slowly recovered during the battle.
  The same is about the parameters of Health and Strength (Warriors).
  Continually run to the nearest city, or light a fire every 10 minutes for a rest, in the dungeons - it's very stupid.

Yes agreed, when I discovered my wizard had to rest to re-charge his spells, my first reaction was not very good, I was disturbed... 

The mechanic for Priest, wizards, Druids is weird in POE, at least if we could have more than 4 camping equipment ... 

Just learn to be economical. ;)

Per-Rest spell use is one of the big advantages of PoE casters - if you get behind it. Because in tough fights you can spam ALL of your spells without any restriction - and in easier fights you can use only few spells or even your per-encounter-abilities only (Arcane Assault and Blast/Inspiring Radiance and Interdiction/Spiritshift).

Actually an encounter based spell system makes casters less powerful. Because now you can use your spells in every encounter and their uses regenerate after battle they have to be balanced in number of uses per encounter and also in power.

This makes casters stronger in your everyday-trashmob encounter (where it doesn't matter) but makes them less useful in the really hard fights (where it would matter). You can observe this in the beta of PoE2:Deadfire where caster use the exact system you proposed (and badly suck).

• Like 2

Just learn to be economical. ;)

Per-Rest spell use is one of the big advantages of PoE casters - if you get behind it. Because in tough fights you can spam ALL of your spells without any restriction - and in easier fights you can use only few spells or even your per-encounter-abilities only (Arcane Assault and Blast/Inspiring Radiance and Interdiction/Spiritshift).

Actually an encounter based spell system makes casters less powerful. Because now you can use your spells in every encounter and their uses regenerate after battle they have to be balanced in number of uses per encounter and also in power.

This makes casters stronger in your everyday-trashmob encounter (where it doesn't matter) but makes them less useful in the really hard fights (where it would matter). You can observe this in the beta of PoE2:Deadfire where caster use the exact system you proposed (and badly suck).

That mechanic (per rest) would not be a problem if the AI was more customizable (it use my best spells on low level enemies or enemies with low life;)) , each time when it come to the AI of companions it remind me Dragon Age Origins and DA2, the AI for the companions and your character was exceptional, very customizable (I wonder why Bioware didn't kept that mechanic in DA Inquisition)... 

Example : https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JEQCnu-mNmw/VKGxS14oJhI/AAAAAAAACNQ/22pvEzvKpnA/s1600/origins%2Btactics.jpg

The AI in POE is not so bad, but when you have in your party a priest, a wizard and a Druid it is very hard to micro manage them all or to be economic with their high lv spells if you use the AI ;)...

Edited by fced

• 3 weeks later...

What I find crazy about this post is that Wizard is one of the most powerful classes. It just goes to show you how much learning curve is a part of this game. Which is a good thing, it really helps with that feeling of systems mastery.

Wizards shouldn't be relying on their melee to deal the most damage, and if you want a melee wizard you should use spells that turn your wizard into a melee killing machine with crazy defenses that make him nigh invincible. The only downside to playing that way is you burn through your per rest spells really quickly. Of course you should never feel bad about resting, you can always go to an inn and there are a bunch of ways to get camping supplies and they are cheap.

That is correct. I never use AI because it never does what I want it to do. :)

The idea of using the AI is so alien to me, since the combat is at least half of the reason I play.

Edited by Mygaffer

• 3 weeks later...

I actually prefer the balance between per-rest and per-encounter abilities, it adds to the strategy of the game when I have to balance my extremely powerful spells per day against my much less powerful abilities per encounter. 

I personally enjoy the focus on fewer spells that have a bigger impact, I've never enjoyed the machine-gun mage.