Here Comes The Flood Bugs

Ivanstone

Question

I had a few different bugs completing this scenario.

I was playing a six player game with Kyra, Merisiel, Valeros, Harsk, Lem and Ezren.

1 - After closing the General Store, I was able to roll for the reward items to be set aside.  After the roll however the background screen of the general store turned black and I was not given or shown the 1 item that is automatically acquired. The game wasn't frozen since I could hit certain buttons on the screen like my character sheet and deck contents. I was not able to end my turn at all. Lem was the character affected at this location and he was alone.

2 - I was able to forfeit my game. At the point I had acquired 8 allies and the Black Magga ate 32 or 35 cards. I was awarded victory in the scenario even though I forfeited. I was awarded 100 gold and was able to modify my party's decks afterwards. I don't recall receiving the bonus allies although they were just common allies and I wasn't concerned with keeping any of them.

3 - Even though I had completed the scenario, I am not able to continue on to the next scenario or attempt it on Heroic.

9 answers to this question

Just as the title said. 

Incidentally I won because of two other bugs. I lost a combat check against a nightbelly boa with Lini, and this happened because I used her animal trick before using the wand of enervation. After the lowering of the combat check, the ally (crow) was displayed but no extra die or bonus was added. So I lost the combat check, and the nightbelly boa was put on top of the deck. On the subsequent turn I couldn't draw the nightbelly boa and was stuck, so had to forfeit. I think I had at the moment more allies than the Black Magga so the game still considered my running out of time a win. I was awarded the heroic gold for my first completion, but it seems to not consider it completed in the adventure main screen. 

Sorry for my bad english. 

Edited by haloa92

What should happen is,  if you Forfeit but have at least half of the possible allies (say 12 of 24), you should win.  But if you Forfeit and just happen to have more allies than Black Magga at  the time, but not at least half of the possible allies, you should lose.

When counting possible allies it needs to consider banished(due to failure to acquire) allies as "not possible"

If, for instance, you start with 24 allies and fail to acquire 2 of them, then 11 should be sufficient to win.  

Also, the "forfeit" at that point should count correctly as a win( the OP says he got the gold but not the "completion" stat)

1 - I haven't seen this but I think others have mentioned this.

2 - If you have at least half the possible allies, then you should win if you forfeit. If not, you shouldn't. There is a thread about this.

3 - There is a thread on this too. The current bug is: a character in your party has to encounter the last card in HCtF in order for the next scenario to unlock. If time runs out, or if Black Magga eats the last card, it won't work.

When counting possible allies it needs to consider banished(due to failure to acquire) allies as "not possible"

If, for instance, you start with 24 allies and fail to acquire 2 of them, then 11 should be sufficient to win.  

Also, the "forfeit" at that point should count correctly as a win( the OP says he got the gold but not the "completion" stat)

No, what SHOULD happen, is if you forfeit you lose, no matter what.

There are a few issues here:

1) It did not mark as complete. That is how it should be, you gave up, whatever justification of having over half the allies or more allies doesn't matter, a forfeit means you are withdrawing from the game, your points (allies) cease to matter. Thematically your characters and all their allies are laying down in the middle of the town and drowning.

2) The game registered as a victory. It should not have, see above.

3) The crow got "stuck". This is a known bug, it can be remedied by clicking the gears (settings button), going into the vault, then pressing back. Or, since it was Animal Trick, you can just press the Animal Trick button again (it highlights again when the animal is functionally (though not physically) removed from the revealed state).

4) He could not encounter the nightbelly boa. This sounds like a new version of the collapsed ceiling bug. You need to press on the card and drag it to the encounter area (The upper right of the screen). This may take a few tries.

• Like 1

Um, no. In this particular scenario, "forfeit" is the card game equivalent of players just spending 'empty' turns, because they know they already have enough allies to beat the Magga. So winning on forfeit is correct (if you have the needed allies)

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Um, no. In this particular scenario, "forfeit" is the card game equivalent of players just spending 'empty' turns, because they know they already have enough allies to beat the Magga. So winning on forfeit is correct (if you have the needed allies)

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/forfeit

That is not what Forfeit means. If you want to run out the clock, just go through the pain of ending each turn individually.

While they are similar concepts in every other scenario in this game so far, this one scenario highlights the difference between Forfeit and "Run out the clock".

By calling it "Forfeit" it is synonymous with loss. If you just want to run out the clock, it should be called something else.

That is not what Forfeit means. If you want to run out the clock, just go through the pain of ending each turn individually.

While they are similar concepts in every other scenario in this game so far, this one scenario highlights the difference between Forfeit and "Run out the clock".

By calling it "Forfeit" it is synonymous with loss. If you just want to run out the clock, it should be called something else.

Are you implying that for some tactical reason you might want to lose a scenario you've already won? Because if it is just lexical consistency you're after, we'll have to agree to disagree - I'd much rather not have to press End Turn a dozen times and watch the stupid Magga animation every time.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Are you implying that for some tactical reason you might want to lose a scenario you've already won? Because if it is just lexical consistency you're after, we'll have to agree to disagree - I'd much rather not have to press End Turn a dozen times and watch the stupid Magga animation every time.

Agreed, it does suck to watch that, but Forfeit means Forfeit. It is universal. Had it not been generalized as "Forfeit" and instead said "Forfeit Remaining Turns" then it can be argued that forfeiting turns does not mean forfeiting the game, or if it even said "End Game".