Bug: Don't lose to a Nightbelly Boa

elcoderdude

Question

After Seoni lost to a Nightbelly Boa, it stays on top of the deck. The next player is unable to encounter it, or encounter any card in the deck.

Six characters, Here Comes the Flood, normal mode.

Seoni and Sajan are at the Waterfront.

Lini is at the General Store.

Kyra iand Meriseial are at Turtleback Ferry.

Harsk is at the Academy.

Seoni encountered the Nightbelly Boa at the Waterfront and lost. It went on top of the deck.

Lini took he turn at the General Store.

Kyra took her turn at Turtleback Ferry.

Now Sajan is taking his turn at the Waterfront.

The Nightbelly Boa is face up on top of the deck.
Clicking the boa presents the larger view of the card.  Sajan does not encounter it.

There appears to be no way to encounter more cards at the Waterfront.

If it matters, Magga has not eaten this deck.

post-139286-0-67495300-1464445983_thumb.jpg

post-139286-0-82989100-1464446061_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

After Seoni lost to a Nightbelly Boa, it stays on top of the deck. The next player is unable to encounter it, or encounter any card in the deck.

Harsk is at the Academy.

Seoni encountered the Nightbelly Boa at the Waterfront and lost. It went on top of the deck.

Clicking the boa presents the larger view of the card.  Sajan does not encounter it.

This sounds like the Collapsed Ceiling scenario - have you tried dragging and releasing the Boa in the right part of the Screen?

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Harsk is at the Academy.

Here Comes the Flood has an issue where you can't swipe a location card into play immediately after the Black Magga eating animation plays, only tap it. I ran into the same problem with the Collapsed Ceiling, where I couldn't swipe it into play to resolve it after failing the check the first time, and tapping the card only magnified it with no manual button appearing to let me play it to roll against. The Boa, being held on the top of the deck after a failed check like the Collapsed Ceiling, clearly suffers from the same problem.

I had to let Black Magga eat that location entirely to be free of the issue.

Harsk is at the Academy.

This sounds like the Collapsed Ceiling scenario - have you tried dragging and releasing the Boa in the right part of the Screen?

I didn't see this suggestion in time to try it. I'll try it next time. I did hit the same problem with Seoni at the Academy, after Harks deliberately lost to a boa to see if it would happen again (last card in the deck).

Edited by elcoderdude

Harsk is at the Academy.

I didn't see this suggestion in time to try it. I'll try it next time. I did hit the same problem with Seoni at the Academy, after Harks deliberately lost to a boa to see if it would happen again (last card in the deck).

Keep in mind, if Feywood's observations are true - you'll need to fail the Boa, and then encounter it immediately with the same character. Otherwise, it will again lock-up (just like the Collapsed Ceiling) if that's you first exploration for the turn.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.