Beat Here Comes the Flood, Can't Continue

I2EN3GADE

Question

I beat Here Comes the Flood and got the victory screen and rewards, but I can't continue on to the next scenario. It is as if I did not complete Here Comes the Flood (can't even select a higher difficulty).

Ok. Now update.

Heroic difficulty, iPad Air2

Lini, Sajan, Seelah, Seon.

I was able to reproduce the not getting reward not getting advancement bug.

First I tried to reproduce the stuck in general store bug.

I tried to close it and the screen went blank and only going vault caused small Remedy that allowed to use forfeit scenario button.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcnidx5ukb1vh0c/Photo%2029.5.2016%2014.22.00.png?dl=0

It was wictory newer the less. The wictory screen was Also blank and there was not ally reward. It was Also not possible to go legendary level, even though the scenario was marked as done.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/61k15l4aiwgf8m6/Photo%2029.5.2016%2014.26.42.png?dl=0

I replayed the scenario and did not try to close any locations and I did get rewards this time as well as an advance to the legendary mode.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofpsk8dw09jnval/Photo%2029.5.2016%2014.48.34.png?dl=0

The next problem was with the last scenario where scenario power is that if you defeat villain every character gets D4 damage. That was ok, but heroic difficulty modifier caused me to bury a card if I get blessing or item or similar. That bury a card caused the scenario power to have D4 damage to activate so It was really painfull to go trough! I managed but avoided to get any items or blessings.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwdo74cbehlxrf1/Photo%2029.5.2016%2015.32.49.png?dl=0

Now questions, did anyone else try to close general store before getting stuck in Here comes the Flood scenario? Maybe these problems Are related? Did anyone try to close any other location? If not, then these two bugs Are not related and we have to keep on trying out why this happens, what trickers it...

But at this moment the only difference that I did was that I did try to close the general store, in my second, and not succesfull run.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

The next problem was with the last scenario where scenario power is that if you defeat villain every character gets D4 damage. That was ok, but heroic difficulty modifier caused me to bury a card if I get blessing or item or similar. That bury a card caused the scenario power to have D4 damage to activate so It was really painfull to go trough! I managed but avoided to get any items or blessings in my second, and not succesfull run.

I'd posted this in my bug report here Edited by Rhygar

About strategy: Somewhat counter-intuitively the key to strategy in this scenario is to *not* close locations. That way Black Magga ends up going to open locations with no cards left;

Has no one had the Magga go to a closed location? Because the way the scenario power is worded, closed locations should be a valid pick for the Magga power (it's "random location", not "random open location")

I can confirm that Black Magga is a Lovecraftian horror who has no time for the laughable human(oid) notion of "closed locations". Even if you close a location, she can still randomly go there (and fail) to eat.

• Like 1

About strategy: Somewhat counter-intuitively the key to strategy in this scenario is to *not* close locations. That way Black Magga ends up going to open locations with no cards left;

Has no one had the Magga go to a closed location? Because the way the scenario power is worded, closed locations should be a valid pick for the Magga power (it's "random location", not "random open location")

I can confirm that Black Magga is a Lovecraftian horror who has no time for the laughable human(oid) notion of "closed locations". Even if you close a location, she can still randomly go there (and fail) to eat.

Nice to know *something* works as intended, but considering that -apparently, by the accounts in all the HCtF threads- closing a location during this scenario prevents you from advancing - not very helpful in the greater scheme of things...

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Nice to know *something* works as intended, but considering that -apparently, by the accounts in all the HCtF threads- closing a location during this scenario prevents you from advancing - not very helpful in the greater scheme of things...

The first time I ever closed a location in HCtF was actually just now, when I was testing to see if doing so actually made a difference to Black Magga.

The very first time I ran through the scenario it worked fine, and unlocked Battle at the Dam as it should, but the next couple of times I ran through HCtF and won on heroic, it failed to unlock legendary mode.

I couldn't unlock legendary mode until I won the scenario with a 6-person party, although as usual with this game, I wouldn't necessarily count on that being a universal solution.

I did unlock legendary with four, so the size does not matter... not in this case at least...

Hmmm... This is more complex than I though. Have to replay more if there is a pattern to be found, but location closing on its own seems to be a bad idea in anyway in this scenario...

I just defeated her with getting 10 of 18 allies. I had all locations closed. There were 2 cards left at the general store from the closing effect. Magga ate those and the scenario ended. It said I won but I could not advance to the next one.

I've never closed a location in Here Comes The Flood. I don't see the point.

It makes some sense in order to move away freely from Treacherous Cave / Dam; to get bonus items in the General Store; to banish undesirable cards in Store / Ferry; and generally, to protect the character from horde barriers.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Same issue as for me.

2 player team (Lem + Valeros).

10 allies total

I rescued 7

Got 100 gold, victory message, got to keep all of the allies, character screens shows the scenario as completed.

But could not do scenario 3-4 or redo 3-3 on medium difficulty.

I replayed it again same team

Rescued 7 allies again

Screen said victory, but didn't get 100 gold, and also didn't get to keep any of the allies after the mission.

But now it lets me do scenario 3-4 and 3-3 on medium.

In the first game, I closed no locations, and the game ended by magga eating the last card from the board.

In the second game, I encountered the last card myself to trigger the end.

Not sure if this helps anyone or not

• Like 1

In the first game, I closed no locations, and the game ended by magga eating the last card from the board.

In the second game, I encountered the last card myself to trigger the end.

Not sure if this helps anyone or not

I believe Faranim nailed it. I'd recommend if someone is still stuck on HCtF - try to manipulate the game, so it is your character who encounters the last location deck card in the game, as opposed to letting Black Magga eat it.

Solution confirmed. My party of Lem and Valeros were stuck at HCtF after defeating it twice.  After reading this thread, I played it again, got 7/12 allies, and made sure Lem encountered the last card in the game. Victory, and unlocked 3-4.

Good job.

Edited by elcoderdude

Adding my voice to this. On a Samsung S6 but it looks fairly widespread. First attempt I lost the scenario, second attempt I won, got 100 gold, got all the allies, can't advance or do the next difficulty mode. Played with Valeros, Merisiel and Kyra.

If it matters I moved Valeros from another party (at the same stage) prior to beginning Hook Mountain.

Same here. I actually have 3 parties:

- one competes the game on basic difficulty (2 characters: Merisel+Kyra)

- one on heroic (5 characters: Lem, Seoni, Kyra, Seelah, Harsk)

- one on legendary (4 characters)

With the fist party (Basic rules) when I completed the Flood I was able to proceed (I failed on the first try, but after winning on the next try it was OK and I already finished the adventure with this party).

With the second party (Heroic level) I just saved 10 allies and failed to acquire a couple, went to the victory screen, collected the reward (allies saved during Flood), but cannot proceed :(

With the third party I haven't started the adventure yet..

There are 24 allies, so you need to at least acquire 13 allies to advance, or prevent Magga from eating at most 12 of them by encountering and failing to acquire allies.

Some minor corrections: There are 24 allies if and only if you play with a group of 6 characters. Less characters means less locations means less allies on the map, e.g. just 18 for 4 players. Also if you read the fine print in the win condition, it is sufficient to get half of the allies to win, not half+1. So 12 allies out of 24 is a win.

Here comes the flood has on specific progression break.    It took me a while to figure out the scenario strategy, so I tried several things.  This break happened many times.

In the Store....

I often had a break when the store was emptied by the monster and my toon would close.  the die for the item rewards would roll, then the card image would very quickly fly off the right hand of the screen.  The background within the store would go black... meaning I still could see the store character and some other peripheral images.   All I could do from here was either quit or forfeit.  I have now figured out how to beat the scenario and am trying to complete it by having my toons finish the store and close it before the dragon.  It is such a specific ending that I have not done it yet.

It also looks like it's counting allies wrong.  In 4 Players, there are 3+2+2+1+1+0 Allies from locations, and then 6 from the scenario setup, which should be 15, but the Counter says 18.  I'm wondering if that's part of the problem, but not sure.  I only have 4 person parties, but does any other combination have the wrong counter?

Update 3

Legendary mode, iPad Air2

Sajan, Seelal, Seon and Lini

No problems in here comes the Flood. Did not close anything, dig get 10 allies and did win the scenario and it was marked done as Legendary mode.

The last scenario was again real pain... Allmost everytime the was scenariopowers that caused bury card effect and trickers that D4 damage to everyone. Was really hoping not to see easy to accuire blessings... Blessing of god, my eyes Are fixed on you! You did destroy at least three runs for the wictory!

Barrier that summons hensmans Are Also bad, but at least They Are not a bug and can be avoided via using augury and spy classes and similar items. Pack a lot of armours and damage preventing items when going against the last challenge in the legendary mode!

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

I often had a break when the store was emptied by the monster and my toon would close.  the die for the item rewards would roll, then the card image would very quickly fly off the right hand of the screen.  The background within the store would go black... meaning I still could see the store character and some other peripheral images.   All I could do from here was either quit or forfeit. 

I just had exactly the same bug. And at that point I had 13 allies rescued out of 21 :(  But still I doubt the game would've let me on to the next scenario. Oh please fix the Flood for us!

Here's the bug:

If the scenario ends because black magga ate the last card from the board, then your party doesn't get credit for completing the scenario, but the individual characters still get credit and you still get the rewards (keeping the allies you saved)

The other kind of weird behavior is:

If all the characters in your party already (individually) completed the scenario, you won't get to keep the allies you found at the end of the mission.