I've acquired them for the first time ever. I guess I tend to "out-prestige" the adventure. So anyway, I can't decide who should be wearing them... and I also can't figure out if they work the way I've been reading they do. Currently my barbarian is wearing them, but consecutive kills neither seem to add power nor refresh/increase duration.

Here are the candidates.

Rogue (currently dual stilettos): Could certainly use the improved defenses, but probably has little use for the attack speed. Not sure how all that works. Second best killer.

Barbarian (Tall Grass): Best killer, but doesn't always have use for the defense boost due to weapon reach. May also not need the speed in the long run due to medium armor, though it wouldn't burn my eyes to use plate.

Fighter (Tidefall): Third best killer. Needs the defenses less than the rogue but I'm guessing has the most use for the attack speed.

+1 Benevolent disposition to be had.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Hmm, I would probably give them to rogue. Reasoning being:

- for 2H figher and barb immediate +15% aspd from Gauntlets of Swift Action might be more beneficial

- for a DW character like your Rogue is, aspd is not that critical

- a rogue will probably make his first kill faster than the other two, hence will trigger the mourning effects earlier.

Btw, how exactly do those buffs stack with themselves?

Do they stack completely?; the effects are only prolonged?; or even worse: just refreshed? 

Also for a barb there are few decent alternatives to consider: Ryona's Vambraces, Glittering Gauntlets, Celebrant's Gloves and Siegebreaker Gauntlets (if for some weird reason Clear Out triggers carnage)

Edited by MaxQuest

Thanks. Benevolent +1, but if you're a Bleak Walker I'll instead tell everyone you've been merciless.

Btw, how exactly do those buffs stack with themselves?

Do they stack completely?; the effects are only prolonged?; or even worse: just refreshed?

What I've read here (which might have been changed in a patch by now) is that each kill adds another stack to the buff and another 20 seconds to the duration. What I'm seeing is the first kill grants the buff and consecutive kills don't do anything until it's worn off, at which point you get a new buff upon your next kill. Based on character sheet, not combat log analysis.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I'd give them to the Fighter as he is the only one with decent defenses to start with.

If your Roque was a tanky shield rogue or Devil then getting additional defense on kill would be useful. As a dual wielder your Rogue is probably pretty squishy and a few points of defence will not matter. Also the Rogue probably does not get attacked that often for the heal to matter.

The Barbarian is in the second row and has bad defenses to start with. Similar to the situation with the Rogue.

The Fighter has good defenses to start so any additional helps to push hits to grazes and grazes to misses. With the two Fighter Regens, some decent Con, TideFall, and some more healing on kill from the gloves he can be pretty resilient. Would allow you to go with lighter armor.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...