As a quick note, I rearranged the vault tiers for certain cards in Quest Mode. There are a number of cards that were built for flavor (like Yap the Pixie), that are not quite as powerful as the deck they come from and vice versa. There are other reasons why powerful cards original start in lower decks in story mode, but Quest mode is built to be more universally balanced. Treasure Chest Cards and the Character Add-On Deck both circumvent this.

As a quick note, I rearranged the vault tiers for certain cards in Quest Mode. There are a number of cards that were built for flavor (like Yap the Pixie), that are not quite as powerful as the deck they come from and vice versa. There are other reasons why powerful cards original start in lower decks in story mode, but Quest mode is built to be more universally balanced. Treasure Chest Cards and the Character Add-On Deck both circumvent this.

Nathan any word on how to unlock black bordered cards ??? Is even possible to unlock more right now besides the ones that everybody did by playing the scenarios ???

Nathan any word on how to unlock black bordered cards ??? Is even possible to unlock more right now besides the ones that everybody did by playing the scenarios ???

I'm honestly confused by the question. They all have black borders unless they are from treasure chests.

I'm honestly confused by the question. They all have black borders unless they are from treasure chests.

They're referring to how to get the cards that aren't from treasure chests (hence black bordered), and also aren't available by default (hence unlocked).

Edited by Irgy

Some examples include Blessings of Milani and Blessings of Cayden Cailean, which are considered "Treasure" B Blessings in the Gallery, but don't have rarity borders.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Ah! I see. If a card is from a specific deck or is a loot card it will have a black border. If a card comes from the Treasure Chests, it will have a rarity border. So with respect to those two blessings, you've found bugs that are being fixed this very moment.

So. Thanks!

tumblr_inline_nq4nwld40X1rxr4x6_500.gif

Ah! I see. If a card is from a specific deck or is a loot card it will have a black border. If a card comes from the Treasure Chests, it will have a rarity border. So with respect to those two blessings, you've found bugs that are being fixed this very moment.

So. Thanks!

No problem.  I know of about 19 other cards in a similar state to those 2 Blessings.  Do you need a list, or will the fix catch them all at once?

Sure. But you don't have to. We are going through and fixing them up right now.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh.... thats so... boring !!!

i was hoping for achievments !!! Lets say "recharge 1000 cards from your discard pile. Unlock a better cure spell..."

So. Thanks!

tumblr_inline_nq4nwld40X1rxr4x6_500.gif

Hmm, 2 Dr. Who Gifs? I suspect Nathan is a Whovian...

Nathan, what do you think of this Dr. Who themed Loot:

Wand of Jiggery-pokery

Reveal to add 1d6 to any non-combat check, or 1d10 to any check to defeat a barrier.

Recharge this card to recharge one weapon, item, or armor.

If a weapon adds a die, you may discard this card to add one die of the same type.

• Like 2

Sure. But you don't have to. We are going through and fixing them up right now.

Doesn't cost me nothin' to copy-and-paste from a spreadsheet...

Beast Skin

Blessing of Cayden Cailean

Blessing of Milani

Centipede Venom

Social Climber

Renewal

Black Marsh Spider Venom

Hat of Glamor

Whetstone

Cook

Bloodroot Poison

Valet

Varisian Illusionist

Displacement

Blessing of Sivanah

Life Leech

Venemous Bolt

Wyvern Poison

Blessing of Achaekek

Bewilder

Ahem. I think there's some miscommunication here.

Grasp et al were talking about the cards that have the * exact* same black border as Samisen, Orik's Shield and Skinsaw Mask. All 3 of these card were *unlocked* by completing AD0, AD1 and AD2, respectivelly, on Legendary difficulty - that's why some people have taken to calling them Unlockables, and these 3 are NOT belonging to a specific deck and are not Loot (by normal game definition, maybe you call them that in internal dev lingo).

OTOH, Black Arrow Longbow has a rarity border (Gold/Legendary) but it does NOT come from a chest, and is a departure from what until now was assumed to be the "system" i.e. all Legenadry runs of an AD unlock a *Black Border* card.

So, from what a player can observe: the cards that get 'unlocked' - they don't belong to a deck; they're not Loot; and they don't come from a Treasure chest - so they don't come anywhere under you definition. So it this still a bug with the unlockable cards not being assigned a correct border (despite conforming to a Treasure chest rarity scheme), or are the Unlockables a different category altogether?

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.