I am Miffed

Sweet_Sadie

Wait, one last thing! Who are you again?

Miffed! It's in the thread title, gosh.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Pure conjecture on my part...but based on the cavalier attitude of our esteemed mods --at least one person posting in this thread is an alt, yes?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Pure conjecture on my part...but based on the cavalier attitude of our esteemed mods --at least one person posting in this thread is an alt, yes?

I'm sure this can neither be confirmed, nor denied.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well I am not here too long and I didn't feel un-welcomed at all. And I would not say I have somehow 'thick skin'

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well I am not here too long and I didn't feel un-welcomed at all. And I would not say I have somehow 'thick skin'

But to  be fair why wouldn't you feel welcome here as you fit the profile of many people here 

You are a white, male gamer who doesnt care much for  " SJ developments or SJW influence "   ..and thats fine. Its okay to be a gamer, we all gamers 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well, I put Sadie on my ignore list after reading like two of their posts and realizing they were likely either an annoyingly young poster or a troll, but I never actually interacted with them. RIP Sadie 2016-2016.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Well, I put Sadie on my ignore list after reading like two of their posts and realizing they were likely either an annoyingly young poster or a troll, but I never actually interacted with them. RIP Sadie 2016-2016.

Really? You got so annoyed after just 2 posts you ignored her ?

I find that hard to believe that what she said was so annoying?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You are a white, male gamer

How do you know?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

How do you know?

He is Czech 

John Milton 

I am your alt. I told you to go see a psychiatrist, but nooo..

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How do you know?

He is Czech 

How do you know he is Czech?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

How do you know?

He is Czech 

Why you asking me such silly questions ..its unusual for you ?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Am I allowed to be miffed that no one's ever accused me of being an alt? I feel like I've missed out on a forum rite of passage.

To be honest its a little annoying, especially when you get told " BruceVC is Oby "   :biggrin:

Can you think about anyone more unlikely to be Oby ?

John Milton 

How do you know?

He is Czech 

On the net, people are who they tell you they are. You don't really know. I'm 18/f/Chitown :yes:

This was my point; you're assuming that someone on the net hasn't decided to be the person they want to be rather than the person they are.

• Like 1

From the director of "Mad Max" comes the latest and greatest action hero "Miffed Sadie."

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Ah, but that's the key to being a good alt, isn't it? The more unlikely someone is to think it's you, the better.

Edit: 'Twas in reply to Bruce two posts up. All these ninjas are quite a fright.

Edited by Vaeliorin

How do you know?

He is Czech 

On the net, people are who they tell you they are. You don't really know. I'm 18/f/Chitown :yes:

This was my point; you're assuming that someone on the net hasn't decided to be the person they want to be rather than the person they are.

Thats okay, I believe people when they tell me things ....it they want to lie to me thats fine 

John Milton 

Thats okay, I believe people when they tell me things ....it they want to lie to me thats fine

I think on the internet you have to at least accept that a person is representing themselves the way they want and address that and apply skepticism where applicable.

But that's where making a sweeping generalization becomes a process in futility; when you make a statement like "you think X because you're a white guy" you've moved from accepting that a person is representing who they want to be to accepting that is what they are, and then drawing conclusions based on that. Which, as mentioned in another thread today, means you're drawing a conclusion without having all of the data to make an accurate conclusion.