Story: Having same character in 2 parties

question

what happens when i have merisiel in 2 different parties?

when i adventure with the other and tweak the deck, does it also change the deck of merisiel in the other party as well?

No, if you have 2 merisiel in 2 different parties, they are a distinct copy by themselves and different from each other. Ie, what happens to merisiel A doesn't happen to merisiel B in the second party

Edited by Rhygar

Each character gets a nickname.  If it's your first iteration of a given character, it's just the character's name.  The second is the character's name with a 1 after.  (You can also SET nicknames.  "Old McLini" could be one of your farming characters, frex.)

A character with a given nickname is a set iteration.  If you've added a "new" Merisiel to each party, then no, they will be entirely separate, and when you go to the Party Character List screen, you'll see the one's individual nickname.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I admit I've never done this, but it should do exactly that.  Just remember, you can't have a single character in the middle of two different Scenarios, so if you stop in the middle of one with one party, you might have problems starting another with another party.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I'm fairly certain the two merisiel, regardless of the source of their origin, will be distinctly different characters. Each will have their own different deck in their respective parties. If party A merisiel finds a potion of healing the merisiel in party B will not have one automatically.

IF you created the merisiel in party B from the same experienced merisiel A from the party creation screen, say they are both merisiel1 in the experienced character screen, they share the same source . The two merisiel in party A and B will still have separate adventure with separate decks. However, bring cut from the same cloth, the experienced merisiel1 in the party creation screen will be updated based on whichever merisiel most recently finishes a game.

The source is dynamic in that sense , but the 2 merisiel kicking in their respective parties are wholly different.

Do I make sense ?

Yes you are right. I can verify that. Problem now is merisiel 2 found deathsbane +1 and I dissolved that party already. Now how do I get back the weapon?

The inventory system seems like a mess. Obviously I'm missing something here

Check the merisiels in the experienced tab of party creation. You can see their decks there. If the merisiel 2 you mentioned didn't share the same source as another merisiel you created in a second party, or if you did have another merisiel made with the same source but didn't finish a game with her after you dissolve the first party, you should find the deathbane crossbow in the source

It's most definitely I lost the weapon along with the nice deck I built for Merisiel.

There is no other merisiel when I filter for experienced. That's a bummer, hours of time spent wasted unless there's some way I can get it back.

The whole multiple characters situation in this game is horrendously opaque. There is no information given to the player about why characters have multiple iterations, what the difference between those iterations are, what deleting or moving them around to different parties does or how they affect the game in any way whatsoever.

This is definitely a design process that suffered from the developers being too far up their own backsides to realize how bad it was turning out.

A caveat about this should probably have been made in the game about this perhaps.

For now, if you have parties with multiple versions of the same experienced character be sure that there is nothing you like in the deck of the version in the party you are about to delete. Otherwise it will be overridden when other parties are played and irretrievably lost.