Btw, is there a way to check the cards in a character's deck before starting a quest? It sounds like something that would be obvious, but I can't find how.

Yup.  At the Scenario Selection screen, there are two round buttons on the lower right.  One has a picture of a huamnoid with a bullet-point list (tap to examine your characters' skills, powers, etc), and one with an upright card with a stylized P on it.  That's where you can examine the decks of the characters in that party, and even swap cards between them.

• Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I jumped back to my Kyra/Meri save after spending a few weeks playing Lini/Sajan and it felt like being shot in the foot. While Kyra has a good Power for being a healer, she couldn't recharge a bag of crap without a god's blessing, and without a spell in hand she sucks at damage.

I have realized a sad thing. Partway through 3 I will have run out of things to spend power points on for Lini, and will be forced to take either Weapons or Armor. :( So ends my Weaponless/Armorless campaign.

I think I am going to delete Kyra/Meri and start a new Lini/Sajan/Meri. The only bad part is Sajan and Meri will compete for Blessings and Allies.

@Obsidian: Any chance we can get an AWESOME promo spell that lets us heal allies from a different location?

Poor Kyra, no one appreciates you. LOL. It's true though that her recharging skills could use some work.

Right now I have only 1 save in campaign and that is Kyra, Meri and Valeros. I am only playing quests right now because I am collecting gold for Lem and next Adventure (I think it was supposed to come late May or early June) and I prefer the Heroic difficulty. Less drama (looking at you Night Approaches) and failed attempts this way.

I noticed the characters have ''specialization'' options i their skill trees. When do these become available? I don't think the game should push you this hard down a path you don't want for a character. I gave Lini a weapon for the first card feat and I I have not regretted the choice, but it would be nice to have the freedom to not have to make this choice.

As for the remote healing, I doubt it will happen, but a Healing Rain Divine spell would be cool.

Edited by Narkon27

Btw, is there a way to check the cards in a character's deck before starting a quest? It sounds like something that would be obvious, but I can't find how.

Yup.  At the Scenario Selection screen, there are two round buttons on the lower right.  One has a picture of a huamnoid with a bullet-point list (tap to examine your characters' skills, powers, etc), and one with an upright card with a stylized P on it.  That's where you can examine the decks of the characters in that party, and even swap cards between them.

How did I miss that? Am I going blind? I was searching for a button in the character selection screen, where it would make more sense I guess as that is the screen the game opens when you enter quest mode, but I should have seen that huge button. Thanks for opening my eyes.

I jumped back to my Kyra/Meri save after spending a few weeks playing Lini/Sajan and it felt like being shot in the foot. While Kyra has a good Power for being a healer, she couldn't recharge a bag of crap without a god's blessing, and without a spell in hand she sucks at damage.

I have realized a sad thing. Partway through 3 I will have run out of things to spend power points on for Lini, and will be forced to take either Weapons or Armor. :( So ends my Weaponless/Armorless campaign.

I think I am going to delete Kyra/Meri and start a new Lini/Sajan/Meri. The only bad part is Sajan and Meri will compete for Blessings and Allies.

@Obsidian: Any chance we can get an AWESOME promo spell that lets us heal allies from a different location?

Poor Kyra, no one appreciates you. LOL.

Right now I have only 1 save in campaign and that is Kyra, Meri and Valeros. I am only playing quests right now because I am collecting gold for Lem and next Adventure (I think it was supposed to come late May or early June) and I prefer the Heroic difficulty. Less drama (looking at you Night Approaches) and failed attempts this way.

I noticed the characters have ''specialization'' options i their skill trees. When do these become available? I don't think the game should push you this hard down a path you don't want for a character. I gave Lini a weapon for the first card feat and I I have not regretted the choice, but it would be nice to have the freedom to not have to make this choice.

As for the remote healing, I doubt it will happen, but a Healing Rain Divine spell would be cool.

The specialization (roles) should come after the next Adventure (3).

It reflects the card game, if you get a Skill/Card/Power feat it must be spent it can not be stored until later options.

We should get a poll going to see what kind of promos the community would want. I think a remote healing would be big on the list. Not too powerful, but great to have.

Nah.  As long as she's only proficient and never takes a CARD FEAT for weapons or armor, it's still a weaponless armorless compaign.  She just has the ability to use the ones she picks up before she dumps them at the end of the Scenario.

How did I miss that? Am I going blind? I was searching for a button in the character selection screen, where it would make more sense I guess as that is the screen the game opens when you enter quest mode, but I should have seen that huge button. Thanks for opening my eyes.

That's the same on you use with New characters to build their decks from ADB Basic cards.  I found it the first time I started with Merisiel and Kyra, and promptly forgot how I got to it.  The next two parties I built started with their default (crappy) decks.  So, I feel your pain.

Nah.  As long as she's only proficient and never takes a CARD FEAT for weapons or armor, it's still a weaponless armorless compaign.  She just has the ability to use the ones she picks up before she dumps them at the end of the Scenario.

It aggravates my perfectionism. :/

If I am taking the Power, then I might as well get the Card too.

It is just a minor :/ not a big one.

Lini just found a second Deathbane crossbow despite having one already on Sajan. However he was not participating on that quest.

Does this mean that every character I have could end up with a Deathbane crossbow as long as I don't bring those who have it with me?

LOL This will be insane.

Lini just found a second Deathbane crossbow despite having one already on Sajan. However he was not participating on that quest.

Does this mean that every character I have could end up with a Deathbane crossbow as long as I don't bring those who have it with me?

LOL This will be insane.

Yes. *sigh*

• Like 2

LOL This will be insane.

This is probably why they made Holy Candle banish instead of bury.  Otherwise you could collect a holy candle for every hero and it would be ridiculous.

• Like 1

Lots of people responding here, but I'll say that after playing her a bit, Lini is my new favorite and go-to character. I completely love the animal companion ability and max it as soon as possible. I also run 2 or 3 cures - because the cure is "free" (I'm about 85% to recharge it), I have no worries about discarding cards constantly so I can always use her shapechange ability, discard blessings for extra explores, etc. 

So, my tips would be:

• Run 3 cures (2 is probably enough, but 3 to be sure)
  • ALWAYS have an animal ally in your hand
  • Upgrade Animal companion ASAP, Wisdom and Strength, and allies (I do like getting 1 weapon card feat first).
  • Like 2

Lots of people responding here, but I'll say that after playing her a bit, Lini is my new favorite and go-to character. I completely love the animal companion ability and max it as soon as possible. I also run 2 or 3 cures - because the cure is "free" (I'm about 85% to recharge it), I have no worries about discarding cards constantly so I can always use her shapechange ability, discard blessings for extra explores, etc. 

So, my tips would be:

• Run 3 cures (2 is probably enough, but 3 to be sure)
  • ALWAYS have an animal ally in your hand
  • Upgrade Animal companion ASAP, Wisdom and Strength, and allies (I do like getting 1 weapon card feat first).

I currently have only 2 Cures and I consider getting a third one. Lately I have been failing the refresh checks for Cures and having only one extra makes me uncomfortable, especially when other heroes are desperate for a heal. Have you increased her spell number with the card feats, or are you using the base slots (6)? If you didn't use the card feats for spells, what did you increase?

Edited by Narkon27

It aggravates my perfectionism. :/

If I am taking the Power, then I might as well get the Card too.

It is just a minor :/ not a big one.

I caved. My weapon of choice for her is.... *drumroll*..... SCYTHE+1!

With her D4 str, the animal companion, and the scythe's power converting 4's to 5's she can hit pretty hard.

• Like 1