Quest Mode stuck in Leveling Up

naturemage

Question

I've been playing Quest mode without much trouble for a while now. I've been playing with a party of mixed levels. After the most recent quest all six characters leveled up, requiring 3 rounds of levelup rewards. On the first I get a card. On the second I get to pick a card. And on the third, the problem appears. Four characters get a card, but regardless of which one I pick the card flies up above the screen and you can't proceed forward.

I've changed the order in which I select the characters, doesn't matter. I've changed which card I get when I pick the card. I've even tried rebooting the device, leveling a few rounds in Story mode- nothing. Every time I go back into quest, it restarts the leveling process and gets stuck in the exact same way: the third round of leveling throws the card off screen and I can't proceed.

I have put nearly fifty dollars into this game and I'm incredibly frustrated. Please help.

Info:

Android 5.1.1, Note 5

Pass & Play is off. Permadeath is off.

Quest Mode

Party (in this order): Fighter, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Monk

Levels: 8 to 9 (fighter, cleric, druid, sorcerer), 7 to 8 (monk), 4 to 6 (Bard)

First, gain card for Bard (Blessing of the Gods). Second, select and gain card for Monk. Third, gain card for Fighter, Cleric, Druid, and Sorcerer. This is where the error occurs.

4 answers to this question

Hmmm... Seems something that dev have to look for. Don't know if the amounth of the cards is the problem or is just one incarnations of "card flying out of screen" bug. All in all I think that Also this is in the next patch, so wait for it. I am so long pass that part where you levels several levels in one scenario that I don't remember if I personally had any difficulties on that... or how Many levels I did in one step... Two at least but not sure if I ever got three...

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Hey naturemage,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for joining us! Have you tried performing the work around? http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86659-quest-mode-reward-bug/?do=findComment&comment=1807931

If you have done so and the work around isn't working, then you'll have to wait for the 1.0.3 patch which will be released this week. The fix is retroactive, so once the patch is out, you will be able to collect your rewards normally. Let me know if the workaround worked if you haven't done so already.

Thanks a bunch!

Hey naturemage,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for joining us! Have you tried performing the work around? http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86659-quest-mode-reward-bug/?do=findComment&comment=1807931

If you have done so and the work around isn't working, then you'll have to wait for the 1.0.3 patch which will be released this week. The fix is retroactive, so once the patch is out, you will be able to collect your rewards normally. Let me know if the workaround worked if you haven't done so already.

Thanks a bunch!

Looking through the workaround, it seems that the only things they did were select different random rewards, which I've already tried (I've now tried every random card for the monk). No luck.

When is the new patch supposed to drop? I find I enjoy Quest far more than the story mode, and I'd love to be able to play again.

Hey naturemage,

Thanks a bunch!

Looking through the workaround, it seems that the only things they did were select different random rewards, which I've already tried (I've now tried every random card for the monk). No luck.

When is the new patch supposed to drop? I find I enjoy Quest far more than the story mode, and I'd love to be able to play again.

No it's not about selecting a different reward, it's about selecting a different *character*

First you select the reward for the low level character, this part should work. The problem is when you click the "continue" arrow to the right, the new reward for the higher level hero go outside the screen and is no clickable.

The trick is that you must select the higher level character *before* clicking the continue arrow.

In short :

1- select reward for lower level hero, do not click continue yet

2- select next hero, the one of a higher level whose reward has the problem (this hero should still be in red, but an aura should then appear on him to confirm that he is selected)

3- click continue

4- the reward for the selected hero should this time display correctly in the middle of the screen and be clickabe as usual to continue.