1 character dying, missing quest reward; any way to get a do-over for that character?

I have a party of 3 and Lini died near the end of quest 1-3 in story mode but I was still able to complete the quest. The reward of the quest was a skill feat and while my other 2 surviving party members got the reward, Lini did not (understandably).

So I figured, I'll replay the scenario and while of course my other 2 members wouldn't get the skill feat again, I figured Lini would, since she missed that reward the first time. Sadly that was not the case so now I have a party where one member is less skilled. Is there a way to fix that?

- could I maybe disband my current party, create a new one and add Lini, play up to that quest and then disband that party again to form back my original party?

- if not, then I guess the best strategy would be if ever a party member died and the quest reward is a skill/power/card feat, you had better forfeit the whole game? Seems a bit silly and also something that you might want to warn players about..?

Any ideas?

At this moment you have to do a new character. And this is a bug. Next patch 1.03 should Remedy this but it does not fix allready happened deaths, so wait for next upgrade in this week and start new Lini!

After the pach, if character dies he can replay that missed scenario and be at the same level as all the rest.

Ofcourse if you play with using permadeath option that is the official version of the original game, dead character is dead! The prefered way of plaing this game!

I was assuming by not retroactive they meant it wouldn't automatically allow you to assign the reward after the update and that you would have to repeat the scenario.  So they mean by not retroactive that the character will never be able to get that reward even by repeating the scenario?

I've only got the two free starter characters and this happened to one of them so I'll have to start over with that one and repeat the first three scenarios if that's the case?