[3.02] Withdraw not working

Ronin@

Question

7 answers to this question

a save can help recreating the bug (if its a combination of items it should trigger again) -  however there is something else, too:

Output Log

When the issue occurs, close the game client, find this file, then attach it to your post

Windows Steam Location: \Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\output_log.txt

Mac Location: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Linux Location: ~/.config/unity3d/Obsidian Entertainment/Pillars of Eternity/Player.log

I had it bug sometimes too, didnt happen everytime, not even that often... i cant even say in what form exactly (its been a while since i played with withdraw) (i think for me it was: no effect at all... could act, could cast, could get damage... but withdraw duration was shown...)

There are simply too many bugs for me to report everything... thats why i only report the things that annoy me enough (if the things that annoy me enough are fixed (hey, one of them... i reported a year ago :D) maybe thats when i report things like: if you use an item and you get interrupted at the right moment, the item is used without loosing a charge)

Thumbs up for everyone that reports bugs!

Well, you should report everything relying on devs to decide wether it's important enough or not because at the end of the day a ton of small bugs can change your entire experience. I , for one, like to do my math and really go deep into details to make my party as effective as possible. I can't do that when almost every skill has some kind of problem or wrong description. What good are my calculations when my characters are attacking themselves or when my characters randomly freeze during a battle until I move them? I need to base my tactics on real information. Can't do that when something as basic as an attack's damage range is wrong.

The devs have left players doing the Trial of Iron a message that reads:

"I prefer to fail with honor than win by cheating"

That's all fine and dandy, I'm all for it. However, how am I supposed to accept failure when my party dies even after I've spent days to make it pretty much perfect? I've had to restart my Trial of Iron 4-5 times because of bugs like this one where a skill or item malfuncions. And you know some battles can be either won or lost depending on 1 single spell/skill. It's a frustrating experience, that's why I started reporting almost every inconsistency I see, and I see a lot during my calculations and tests. 

Edited by Ronin@

Well, you should report everything relying on devs to decide wether it's important enough or not because at the end of the day a ton of small bugs can change your entire experience. I , for one, like to do my math and really go deep into details to make my party as effective as possible. I can't do that when almost every skill has some kind of problem or wrong description. What good are my calculations when my characters are attacking themselves or when my characters randomly freeze during a battle until I move them? I need to base my tactics on real information. Can't do that when something as basic as an attack's damage range is wrong.

The devs have left players doing the Trial of Iron a message that reads:

"I prefer to fail with honor than win by cheating"

That's all fine and dandy, I'm all for it. However, how am I supposed to accept failure when my party dies even after I've spent days to make it pretty much perfect? I've had to restart my Trial of Iron 4-5 times because of bugs like this one where a skill or item malfuncions. And you know some battles can be either won or lost depending on 1 single spell/skill. It's a frustrating experience, that's why I started reporting almost every inconsistency I see, and I see a lot during my calculations and tests. 

I am not that calculative for my runs... i dont need numbers to be accurate... however... its not that i dont want everything fixed, its that i don't trust the devs sad but true... the thing that made my first solo run hell was a problem about the engagement rules with charm/domination, i reported the problem... it was ignored despite beeing a major problem - the whole engagement system is responsible for more time lost (either because i die in my ToI or have to let the enemy heal) than all bugs combined i encountered

So... because the thread got ignored i was disappointed... why go through the trouble of reporting if they simply ignore it?

I dont want my chanter to get stuck because i use a rogue ability with an item (tested once, item never used again... who knows if it would bug again? IDC) -  i dont want items to not loose a charge, but... thats all so minor compared to the engagement system destroying my runs - why the **** do i have to tank enemies to summon stuff? The enemy is chasing me, i get 3 stacks, start the summon, the enemy sadly choose to stop chasing me right as i started chanting... the phantom is summoned... but not fast enough, the phantom is right next to the enemy but is desummoned instantly because the engagement system rules "fight ends"... you know? Not funny... and thats just one example, i have quite some more examples where it fails spectacular... after i revived the unanswered 11 month old thread, made it not only about engagement ends if... together with charm but engagement rules as a problem itself... the answer i got made me think "that is not even close to the problem, did he even read my post at all?"... i wrote some more and got the very satisfying answer

As I have mentioned before, I have written up a report and have forwarded to the appropriate department and we are currently looking into the issue.

As much as i like pillars... i have encountered more bugs in PoE than i have encountered in all other games i played - combined - maybe you can understand that the "we are looking into the issue" with 2 month of nothing else that at best it gets fixed and "works"... at worst it gets... even worse... i'd love to get a bit more... that answer is perfect if its something like "fire damage multiplier isnt applied to fire damage chant"... but with such a major problem? that answer simply makes me weep... at the moment the rules are: if you are no target of enemy aggro, you dont target or affect enemies (dots dealing damage doesnt count) the fight stops... what if the "solution" is only something like "as long as enemies are within X the fight doesnt stop" and X is almost melee range? Because... if the rule would be "after a fight starts, the fight doesnt stop until no enemy is within range for any weapon" it would mean that the fight range would be above the aggro range, that would be wrong too - so no good solution

I want to be able to run circles around the enemy with my chanter while he is singing them to death - thats possible against very slow enemies at the moment, with everyone else you are very likely to leave the aggro range and the dots dont do **** for the aggro and engagement system, so you can run after them and they can stay in range for new dots to apply... but the fight stops despite that... I LOVE THE SYSTEM!

I report the things that would make my ToI runs more fun - if they fix that... i start reporting everything else too, but 1 year of ignoring the biggest problem for me... why go through the trouble of reporting something i dont really care about if they dont even fix something major?