Only on normal, not potd. Can somebody explain me, how you play solo? Because it seems, very much encounters in the first locations are not doable solo. Do you have to skip it and come back later? I don't skill stealth, only athletics and mechanic. Stealth, Lore and Survival on 2.

I'm not sure, if i should buy this blunting belt and the outworn buckler or the summoner horn.

Atm i'm using this Flail "Gaun's Share" and this Door-Shield. Should i enchant the flail with fire? It's the only thing i can do atm.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

Yes, you skip the temple and the bear quest; you will likely just have to try quests and if they are too hard move on and save for later.  Getting figurines for summons helps a lot as well.

To solo you need very good knowledge of the game. 

Example 1 - the bear cave at lv2

Once you free the cook you should be able to craft potions of wizard's double, fan of flame scrolls and some food. For equipment the optimal items are crossbow, brigandine, hatchet and small shield. For skills flames of devotion and weapon and shield style. You can shoot the bear from stealth using FoD then switch to melee. Next you drink the potion of WD which will give you enough time to use FoF and a last FoD with the hatchet if needed. In normal it should go smoothly, in potd you need a few reloads...

Example 2 - eothas temple

With plate and rymrgrand's mantle the damage from all the shadows, shades, ghosts will be reduced to min and all your endurance lost will be healed back. A fine brigandine will reduce the damage of the will-o-wisps to minimum. Fine plate + blunting belt can reduce the damage of a skuldr king to minimum if you use also a potion of wizard's double.

• Like 1

Yeah, i did every quest b4 the stronghold and killed every enemy (some knights are still there in the castle). But what i want to know is: Is the outworn buckler with the def aura better as the Larder Door? And should i buy this summoning horn in gilded vale? It costs 5000. And what is better, that ring with +will, fortitude, reflex or one with +5 deflect?

And what should i build in the stronghold first? Most of the things seems pretty useless to me.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

Yeah, i did every quest b4 the stronghold and killed every enemy (some knights are still there in the castle). But what i want to know is: Is the outworn buckler with the def aura better as the Larder Door? And should i buy this summoning horn in gilded vale? It costs 5000. And what is better, that ring with +will, fortitude, reflex or one with +5 deflect?

And what should i build in the stronghold first? Most of the things seems pretty useless to me.

The outworn buckler is much better, larder door is utter ****, because you lose accuracy with large shield and bash is a **** ability.

The summoning horn is not that good, but if you're new to soloing it might help you. Be aware it only lasts 20 seconds.

In the stronghold you want to build botanic garden and curio shop first you get free ingredients in your chest every few days and potions are super strong for soloing.

• Like 1

Actually i'm level 10, but i can not do a single bounty, cuz i got no damage at all and my AoE from scrolls is ****, because i have skilled only 3 INT. Should i pick up Sacred Immolation at 13 and respec to more INT?

My starting stats are: 17 18 5 13 3 18 (+2 Might from Land of Living and Gift from the Machine = 19)

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

hmmm... i dont see why you wouldnt be able to do bounties O_o

sure, the dweller one is... hard...

but sly? if you use a stag helmet they have no CC that should stop you for long, so if you engage them from south-east direction you can use the terrain and tank only one enemy, you can use one figurine so the monk doesnt push you out of the bottleneck... after that shoot the casters dead while tanking - use one figurine when you are low and run away - they dont follow you if you do it right.

the drake bounty isnt that hard, just kill them in parts - first the drakes... it should be easy if you engage them and run away right after (ranged weapon for better engage range), the drakes are faster so they follow further than the xaurips

dweller and ogres - sorry, i dont play paladins solo so i dont know how to do these...

You should change your weapons depending on the enemies until you get Bittercut or Drawn in Spring.

Constitution is required at the start of the game because your defenses are not high enough and you have to soak damage and defend yourself against disabling afflictions (stun, paralysis, prone). From ch2 you can start lowering your constitution because you can use boots of stability/fenwalkers to boost your defenses against disabling afflictions.

Once you get Sacred Immolation you should lower your constitution to 3 and increase your intellect to 18. Use the belt of the eotun, dragon's lair resting bonus and lyrinia's boon to keep your constitution at 10. Use potions of infuse with vital essence during fights to get your health back and avoid resting...

• Like 1

On level 10 you can do all bounties except Nalrend.

Even Nalrend might be possible but last time I soloed I was too scared of him and waited till SI which admittedly made the fight too easy. :D

I just looked up my old footage of my youtube solo run and I was exactly level 10, when I did bounties.It was the first time I played a completionist pt and first time I did all bounties solo, so my strategies were not ideal and the videos lengthy, but maybe they are still interesting to you:

edit: For those not being able to view the embed:

https://youtu.be/OGSOAXxajmA

Edited by Raven Darkholme
  • Like 1

Thanks, I will try it.

Another question. If i'm leveling up with low CON, i don`t get as much Endurance bonus as with high CON or? What i mean is, if i'm leveling up with 18 CON and get the max hp bonus, would i have the same HP when i level up with 10 CON and stack up after to 18 CON with items etc?

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

Thanks, I will try it.

Another question. If i'm leveling up with low CON, i don`t get as much Endurance bonus as with high CON or? What i mean is, if i'm leveling up with 18 CON and get the max hp bonus, would i have the same HP when i level up with 10 CON and stack up after to 18 CON with items etc?

You should get the same.

Ok, Sacred Immolation is pretty good, but you have to heal more and your Health sinks very quick. Can you do something about that?

My Skill Build (maybe you think, i should change something)

Abilities:

Defiant Resolve

Faith and Conviction

Lay on Hands

Sacred Immolation

Righeous Soul

Sworn Enemy

Zealous Charge

Zealous Focus

Talents:

Beast Slayer (Later for Dragons)

Deep Faith

Deep Pockets

Superior Deflection

Untroubled Faith

Weapon and Shield Style

To Go: AB: Liberating Exhortation | Talents: Bear's Fortitude and Snake's Reflexes

Questtalents i got: Bloodes Hunter, Dungeon Delver, Gift from the machine, Second Skin and Song of the Heavens. To Go: Berath's Boon

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

Beast Slayer, Untroubled Faith and Deep Pockets aren't that good. Scion of Flame (which enhances SI, FoD, burning lashes and gives 5 burn DR), Bear's Fortitude, Snake Reflexes should be your first choice.

Using a potion of Infuse with Vital Essence at the beginning of the fight will compensate the health loss from SI and more.

• Like 1

Steadfast is a nice weapon on paladin, I'm constantly criting with sunlance for 150+ piercing and 75+ burning(flames of devotion) with Pellagina add the aoe from sacred immolation and she's good to go. The problem is you gain steadfast quite late in the game. If you aim for aoe with sacred immolation another source of healing to counter the raw damage would be gaun's share which you gain really early in game. However Vital essence acts as a heal to both health and endurance. you can keep your health high after every fight by using it. Dropping some con and res in favor of int + using int item/enchant will benefit you more on the long run since both healing hand and immolation + scrolls will profit from it.

Edited by Vorad

Got a question about the Reputation. If you play a Shieldbearer of St. Elcga, the positive ones are Honest and Diplomatic and the bad ones are Cruel an Aggressiv. So if i get like "Passionate" or "Deceptive", does it debuff my stats or does only cruel and aggressiv debuff?

Then you either should have skipped some of the honest options in favour for diplomatic and/or you skipped some content. However, there will be plenty of new dialoge options for you in WM I & II.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Most of the time I also don't use the official companions and never have any problems to reach at least 3/3 in the needed reputations when I play a paladin or priest.

Is the game option switched on which allows you to see the disposition after the dialogue options in brackets (e.g. "Bla bla bla" [honest])?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods