Josh Sawyer Pillars of Eternity 2 Tease Thread

For a PoE sequel, we would likely redesign the Interrupt mechanics.  Interrupt is useful, but the mechanics are mushy and not communicated well.

Mechanics entries in the journal. With exact info and formulas. And..

Tooltips. Rich. Unambiguous. Together, help communicating... everything.

I think it's a bit more complex than that. See this thread to witness some of the confusion that exists with regard to Interrupts: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/83254-interrupts-do-you-use-them/

It's not just about telling people the formulas, you need to communicate to people that this is something they can actually use. And perhaps the mechanic needs to be changed to facilitate that.

Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 1

I prefer NATO's. To me, they're easier to clean, more secure, and soft on the wrist. Plus, I can attach a mini-compass to it.

Meh they are not my bag.  I will take a nice leather 2 piece strap any day of the week.  But then my idea of "nice leather 2 piece" is probably a hell of a lot more expensive than most watch owners idea of the same.  NATO's just seriously don't work for me though, I have an 8 - 8.25 inch wrist, unless the NATO is extra long I can't even get it through the second ring normally.

http://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/146740759186/some-of-these-tyranny-combat-mechanics-look

For a PoE sequel, we would likely redesign the Interrupt mechanics.  Interrupt is useful, but the mechanics are mushy and not communicated well.

According to the latest tyranny blog, they already changed interrupt for tyranny, so their approach will probably be a good indicator.

Interrupt: We still have interrupt in Tyranny, but we’ve simplified this a bit. Unlike Pillars, we don’t have a separate Interrupt roll. Only some abilities will interrupt the target. When those abilities Hit or Crit, they will interrupt (Grazes and Misses do not interrupt). An interrupted target has any queued actions cleared and enters recovery. The length of their recovery depends on how strong the ability’s interrupt was.

http://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/146740759186/some-of-these-tyranny-combat-mechanics-look

Putting interupt aside, it's interesting that he said PoE sequel. Me' recon it will have some entitlement rather than just PoE 2.

I would add an ability blackout cool down to successful interrupts, and perhaps something like DnD spellcraft to the Skills to allow players to know what they are shutting down by interrupting an enemy. This would post what's being cast above the head of enemies and/or post it in the combat log.

Putting interupt aside, it's interesting that he said PoE sequel. Me' recon it will have some entitlement rather than just PoE 2.

It's because he's still acting like the game hasn't been announced yet (which officially it hasn't).

Edited by Infinitron

Stupid question but how much time is a godlike life expectancy ?

Too long.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Thank god. It really should be an option in Tyranny. They "don't want me to worry about it", but I like having to. I'd be fine if it was off when first starting the game, and I could turn it on in the options menu. I hate it being axed because some players can't be bothered to think.

• Like 1

Thank god. It really should be an option in Tyranny. They "don't want me to worry about it", but I like having to.

Nah. I agree with Obsidian that it should be an all-or-nothing feature. Either it's in or it's not.