New Vampire game being teased by Obsidian?

mkreku

This should be a good thing, I believe this has been discussed in some detail in another thread?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Just go looking around the Nexus at all the fan mods for Bloodlines. ;)

I'm pretty sure there are a few overhaul and performance tweaks in there...

For the useful hints on that  : Weekend Modder's Guide to VtM Bloodlines

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm guessing many of you would prefer a turn based, isometric Vampire game but if this is a real thing I'm hoping they stick with the first person perspective.

Me too, if it plays like Bloodlines but with a new campaign then I'll be happy. 

• Like 1

I'm guessing many of you would prefer a turn based, isometric Vampire game but if this is a real thing I'm hoping they stick with the first person perspective.

From the opinions expressed so far, I'm happy to report that's not the case. I think it's a good tribute to the game that even on forums where old school RPGs reign supreme, that the original perspective is wished to be kept.  
  • Like 1

I swear, some folks are just obsessed with everything being isometric.

Reminds me of my mom whenever she'd go on one of her old people rants about how music in her day was so much better.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That said, the Source engine games are the only ones which have ever given me motion sickness. Even watching some YouTube video of Half-Life 2 is enough to force me to have a lie down, but fortunately I have no real desire to play that game. For Bloodlines, I sort of managed it by mostly playing with the third-person camera - I played a stealth-oriented melee character so it worked out. While there's no reason to believe the same would happen with any new VtM game, I'd like that option to be retained, if only as a reminder that calling Bloodlines a first-person game is technically inaccurate.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

That said, the Source engine games are the only ones which have ever given me motion sickness. Even watching some YouTube video of Half-Life 2 is enough to force me to have a lie down, but fortunately I have no real desire to play that game. 

I played HL2 on the oculus; only game where I needed a barf bag

Most don't even know what isometric actually is, either, it's just associated with classic games like Fallout so gets bundled along as a buzz word.

If you're making Bloodlines 2 then it should really be... well, Bloodlines 1 was a bit clunky with its mix of 3p and fp, but there may not be a more elegant solution and something 3p or fp would be expected. A tactical/ 'isometric' style game would be better as a (party based) spin off/ alternative because it implies a different gameplay experience.

Reminds me of my mom whenever she'd go on one of her old people rants about how music in her day was so much better.

I dont know man, I even enjoyed racing cars more in isometric than in FPS :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

People still care about vampires?

As long as they don't farkin sparkle.

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Problem is: Most vampires of today are more telenovela than Nosferatu, and I'm only interested in the latter. Vampyr, please, not Harlequin vampire. :p

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

A bloodlines 2 should be like Deus Ex but with vampires, imo. That's somehow the way I connected the old game back in the days as well.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."