Sharing info about chest drops

Not all cards have been released yet.

You should save the chests and open a few now until all the cards have been released.

Back to your chest findings, does this mean in our gallery the maximum amount of one card is 10? When we reach 10 copies, we won't be able to find anymore?

Why do you say that they haven't been released?  (Treasure cards)

There's no reason the treasure cards can't come out now - I can't earn them anyway, since I have to get to a high enough level for them to drop, which I can't do until the packs come out.

I already know I can earn treasure that's > deck 3.

Not all cards have been released yet.

You should save the chests and open a few now until all the cards have been released.

Back to your chest findings, does this mean in our gallery the maximum amount of one card is 10? When we reach 10 copies, we won't be able to find anymore?

Why do you say that they haven't been released?  (Treasure cards)

There's no reason the treasure cards can't come out now - I can't earn them anyway, since I have to get to a high enough level for them to drop, which I can't do until the packs come out.

I already know I can earn treasure that's > deck 3.

From what I know, someone correct me if I am wrong, is. Is all cards are in the game for you to be acquired yet. The card placeholders are there, but there is no way for you to get them from opening treasure chests yet until Obsodian releases the cards in the next few updates or so.

80 chest from humble bundle + 48 chest from saved gp

Got:

Flame Burst

Mail of Escape

Scarzni Thief

Slaying Bow

Amulet of Inescapable Location

Tons of Venomous Darts and Orbs. All in all the drops seems a bit not random but I'm glad I got some Legendaries and not in dupes.

The RNG in chest gives me the same feeling when rolling dice in the game..I know i'm not supposed to roll a 1 but no matter what dice-size..15% of the time, I lose ^^

Also whats the purpose of dupes? And what does TREASURE means in the gallery. Why are there placehlders there when I know i got em cards?

80 chest from humble bundle + 48 chest from saved gp

Got:

Flame Burst

Mail of Escape

Scarzni Thief

Slaying Bow

Amulet of Inescapable Location

Tons of Venomous Darts and Orbs. All in all the drops seems a bit not random but I'm glad I got some Legendaries and not in dupes.

The RNG in chest gives me the same feeling when rolling dice in the game..I know i'm not supposed to roll a 1 but no matter what dice-size..15% of the time, I lose ^^

Also whats the purpose of dupes? And what does TREASURE means in the gallery. Why are there placehlders there when I know i got em cards?

You lucky b.... :)

I've opened a bit more chests from the hunmble bundle (thanks to the help from a friend) than you did and now I have 3 Brooch of shielding and 2 slaying bow... About 25 orbs and 14 venomous darts... Also I got 3 leopard armour in a row.

I start to think if it's not really weird RNG, the odds are pre-set... I almost am sure certain cards are not supposed to appear from the chests obtained through humble bundle...

Edited by esctab

Of the 32 legendary cards, I own three Brooches of Shielding and one Amulet of Inescapable Location.

Succumbed, grabbed a second Humble Bundle, opened 40 more chests.

Got one more Legendary.

It's an Amulet of Inescapable Location.

What're the odds?

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

but when you got the cards from the box, even if it is legendary, u can't actually equip it right away right? It will randomly show up when u doing story/quest? and why is quest mode and story mode have separate character sheet?

So, with the new chests (and from updating my spreadsheet to accurately represent a few card rarities), I now have:

144 chests, 576 cards.  405 Uncommons (max dupe: tied at 16 Dilettants and Noble Brats), 110 Rares (max dupe: 13 Orbs of Ice), 56 Epics (max dupe: tied at 7 Flasks of Firestorm and Rings of Superior Protection), and 5 Legendaries (max dupe: 3 Brooches of Shielding, with 2 Amulets of Inescapable Location running a close second).

I'm missing 4 (of 68) Uncommons, 8 (of 40) Rares, 26 (of 55) Epics, and 30 (of 32) Legendaries.

I'm not counting the Black Arrow Longbow as a Legendary since it doesn't come from a chest.

Other people have gotten Legendary cards that I have not.  So my problem is not that the cards aren't available.  It's that some legendaries seem to have a higher percentage chance of popping than others.  I don't know if this is by flaw, fluke, or design.  I'm slowly eliminating "fluke", however.

Other people have gotten Legendary cards that I have not.  So my problem is not that the cards aren't available.  It's that some legendaries seem to have a higher percentage chance of popping than others.  I don't know if this is by flaw, fluke, or design.  I'm slowly eliminating "fluke", however.

Lets just say I have a suspicion that some of the cards shown in the gallery are unobtainable at this time.

Lets just say I have a suspicion that some of the cards shown in the gallery are unobtainable at this time.

Sure.  But some of the ones I haven't gotten have been obtained by people here on the forums.  I'd be happy if I'd gotten some of those.  Three of one and Two of another seems a bit skewed to be actually random.

Sure.  But some of the ones I haven't gotten have been obtained by people here on the forums.  I'd be happy if I'd gotten some of those.  Three of one and Two of another seems a bit skewed to be actually random.

fair enough.

Does this actually matter? You can basically get 40 chests for one dolla in the Humblebundle, and more if you buy multiples. Good that the game is in there to attract more potential players, but this is a really, really cheap way to get all the cards.

Would we get all the cards with 200 chests?

edit: nvm you can only get 2 bundles with the same account. :p

Edited by Marginal0

To some it does. They are trying to get a specific card (like the healing Staffs in AD3), and no one has. Suddenly, they realize that these cards may not be available yet, or may be an artifact of play testing, and they feel they wasted time grinding for gold.

Does this actually matter? You can basically get 40 chests for one dolla in the Humblebundle, and more if you buy multiples. Good that the game is in there to attract more potential players, but this is a really, really cheap way to get all the cards.

Would we get all the cards with 200 chests?

edit: nvm you can only get 2 bundles with the same account. :p

I can confirm with personal experience that 200 would not even be close. At least from the humble bundle chests. If you check around, the amulet, slaying bow and brooch are the common draws. It is becoming wired as more people are reporting to have drawn the same three cards. I, for one, think the odds are rigged. And I am more than happy to be corrected.

I'll post again as my previous post didn't garner any attention.

It is widely reported that not all cards have been released. There is zero chance of getting certain cards because they have not been added to the game. The card place holders are there, but you cannot get them until Obsidian updates the game.

In the latest patch, a bunch of cards were added to the pool that you can get from treasure chests. I have personally opened 50 chests before 1.0.3 and another bunch after the patch and can verify from my own experience that cards are being slowly added to the game.

Of course, this is all widely reported. Of course a word from an Obsidian staff to clarify this would go a long long way.

Most likely every new adventure Path set will add new cards to the collection, just like new ccg set... I would not be surprised that They add new cards to Th set even after ad6 if needed. So that there is always cards that you don't allready have. It is normal way of releasing ccg content.

I mean, right now, you can see some cards in gallery where you don't own it yet. You think you can get them by treasure chests, but you can't get all of them. Its kinda misleading to people who spend real money to buy treasure chests wanting to collect them all now. 

You should save those chests, and only start opening them when all the cards have been released.

All cards 2020 or later?

You open those chest when you want and Also knowing that there may be no limit how long time there will be new cards added Little by Little. Of course you can wait, but my plan is open X chest after each upgrade or patch. Or I will newer open those chests because there always be new card released in few Monthts or something.

These chest Are nice Little feature to those who allready have everything. It is no good to try to hunt all them down, because it is impossible to do it and Also it is unnesessary. They Are not needed to play this game as it has been designed to be played. There is even option to leave them of, if you want to play the game in its original Form.

*grunt*

The chest system is working just fine at this moment IMHO. It is random and it will newer have all card included untill this game dies out or stop getting upgrades by Obsidian.

So my advises to those who want to be sure that "all" card Are added to the gallery is to wait 2030. I supose that by then every card is in the game... Maybe... If this will be very popular maybe we will get new cards in 2031! Or even later and that would be Great! It would mean that this fun Little game game has puliveivaukseen over 15 years and would still be popular enough that it would be worth of making a new content! I just can dream on ;-)

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Is there a website to see what all Treasure cards are?

I am very curious about some of the cards I don't have, which others might have gotten through treasures. Couldn't find a website where they list all the currently known cards.

And conversely, I see people mention getting not a lot of Legendaries, but I have received quite a few from the 120 chests I opened.

From the top of my head:

2 Scarni Thief

1 Magic Flask

1 Slayer War Razor

1 Brooch of Shielding

1 That artifact that searches the top 5 cards for monsters (bla bla of inescapeable thingy)

Possibly a few more.

I'll post again as my previous post didn't garner any attention.

It is widely reported that not all cards have been released. There is zero chance of getting certain cards because they have not been added to the game. The card place holders are there, but you cannot get them until Obsidian updates the game.

In the latest patch, a bunch of cards were added to the pool that you can get from treasure chests. I have personally opened 50 chests before 1.0.3 and another bunch after the patch and can verify from my own experience that cards are being slowly added to the game.

Of course, this is all widely reported. Of course a word from an Obsidian staff to clarify this would go a long long way.

It is fine to add cards to the game over time. The issue is about the place holder cards that have zero chance to drop. Normally, people would expect to say, hey currently there are 10 cards that I do not have, let's open some chests. But it feels bad business if there is uncertainty about how many of those 10 cards are actually unavailable from the chests without any clarification from Dev team.

If a card is not in the game, do not show it. The players should not do any guessing games, especially when they are paying money to get this stuff. Like any other goods or services, the buyer should have a clear expectation about what the money will buy. They should not need to gather together trying to figure out what is hidden from them, not by chance, but by design.

• Like 1