Suggestions and Ideas Thread

keyboard and pen support

I have said this before, but allowing the use of keyboard, mouse, and pen with Pathfinder adventures would be really nice to see. Most propably this is waiting some ui changes, but even at this moment it could be nice to have support to it, even though the implementation may not be perfect because of touchscreen interface.

I've posted this in technical support as well.  

Remote Healing Promo Card

It would be awesome to have a Promo/LEGENDARY spell that has remote healing capabilities. It is one of the weak points in healing that it can't be done.

I wouldn't call it a "weakness", it's something you have to account for.

But re: suggestion, petition to have Grazzle in the game - his heal isn't limited to the same location :) (although it does discard cards from the top of his deck :) )

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

• 2 weeks later...

Quest Challenges

What would be awesome if Questing had CHALLENGES!

In addition to whatever wildcards are pulled for the scenario you had a set of challenges that were pulled such as:

Win X Combats

Deal X Damage

Acquire X boons

Close X locations in <X turns

Succeed at X checks

Beat X checks by >X

Use no weapons/items/allies/spells/armors/blessings/boons

Heal party members for X

Assist party members X times

Do not heal

Defeat only henchmen and villians

And each one would have a bounty in either gold, XP, or a higher level card. These would be set randomly and based on what level you were playing at. Legendary would pay out more, and Normal would pay out the least.

This is planned!

a8I8wSq.gif

• Like 2

Mini-Episodes

It would be interesting in the future if Obsidian would release Mini-Episodes for the app, little Scenarios that are 2-3 Scenarios long, with some special loot or promos for unlocking. Eventually Pathfinder is going to run out of base content.

Possibly they could do design contests for users, where you outline a Mini-Episode and if yours is picked you get a little prize, and everyone gets to play your Episode.

We are looking to do this kind of stuff in Quest Mode!

• Like 3

Season of Runelords

Online multiplayer Gaming with class decks!

That's gotta be the shortest way to explain months and months of work ;)

As we wrap up RotR, I do want to evaluate SotR to see how costly it would be to build. Online MP is in progress. And we are approach the Class Deck concept differently overall.

• Like 1

Player vs Player Tournaments

Maybe tournaments with different levels of characters or card limitations so no one is fighting someone way more powerful. Run one a monnth with pre-listed restrictions and prizes. Then people could prepare for them. They would be a selectable adventure on a certain day at a certain time. No shows are eliminated. Winners fight another and another until only one winner remains. I can think of a ton of different things that could be thrown in here.

Question on BB Codes: Why did my underline code not work? I used [ u ] [ /u ] without the spaces of course.

The developers of PACG hold a PACG Open at GenCon which introduces a competitive element to the game that I like. You don't compete with others on your team, but your team competes with other teams. I would like to incorporate something like that.

• Like 1

Quest Challenges

What would be awesome if Questing had CHALLENGES!

In addition to whatever wildcards are pulled for the scenario you had a set of challenges that were pulled such as:

Win X Combats

Deal X Damage

Acquire X boons

Close X locations in <X turns

Succeed at X checks

Beat X checks by >X

Use no weapons/items/allies/spells/armors/blessings/boons

Heal party members for X

Assist party members X times

Do not heal

Defeat only henchmen and villians

And each one would have a bounty in either gold, XP, or a higher level card. These would be set randomly and based on what level you were playing at. Legendary would pay out more, and Normal would pay out the least.

This is planned!

a8I8wSq.gif

I was wondering if there will be an plans to mix the campaigns, (Rise, Rum & Bone and Righteous)  together and make a random generate grand Adventure?

Still wait for Patch 1.0.3.7 Banana Bundle :getlost:

Sinister Alliance

Several Major and Minion join to create then own team

Combination Adventure Bosses and make wick combos to stop the heroes

All Areas are open on the map

2 minion need to be stop closed a location

Maybe bosses can equip weapons or use potion to evade or escape encounters

Example Pillbug join force with Maggi

Dual Classes

Hero can pick another classes branch but only the basic ability for then new class, no new die stat

If they pick up wizard and cleric they would Arcane or Divine trait but not the bonus.

Still wait for Patch 1.0.3.7 Banana Bundle :getlost:

Season of Runelords

Online multiplayer Gaming with class decks!

can someone explain to me what's a class deck? i've read a little about class cards on paizo blog but i don't really get it

are they supposed to be cards that can only be used by specific classes?

can someone explain to me what's a class deck? i've read a little about class cards on paizo blog but i don't really get it

are they supposed to be cards that can only be used by specific classes?

Not exactly.  Each class deck has three or four (the first seven have four, but for Reasons, they cut back to three each after that) characters of the class in question, including a new version of the Iconic Hero of that class, and then a few variants.  There is also about 100 boons that would (mostly) be of good use for the characters supplied.

Each deck come with a rules card that explains that they can be used one of two ways.

First, they can just be added, lock stock and barrel to a base set to "pad" it with boons favorable to the characters being played.

Second, they can be used for Pathfinder Society Adventure Card Guild Open Play.  This is a long story, but the tldr is kind of like a living campaign where you can play and develop your characters, and then take them to any sanctioned event.

• Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Second, they can be used for Pathfinder Society Adventure Card Guild Open Play.  This is a long story, but the tldr is kind of like a living campaign where you can play and develop your characters, and then take them to any sanctioned event.

The concept he alluded to is actually quite easy:

If you play in the card guild, your character deck does not consist of cards from the game box, but instead consists exclusively of cards from your corresponding class deck. While playing the game, you acquire and use cards from the location decks as normal, but between games, you replace the cards you acquired from the base game with corresponding cards from your class deck, according to some predefined rules.

Between games, this cleanly separates all cards into cards from the base set and cards that belong to your characters deck. The idea is that you can go to different people who host a game with their base set, play the game, and go home with your character without the need for taking their cards with you.

Since the rules are freely available, you can in principal play any scenario with the class deck progression variant at home as well by tweeking some scenario rewards - there is no need for the society, actually.

• Like 1

The Main idea is that you build your deck only From cards From that class deck, and Also that it is very well suited to playing with different players, because every player have only their own card in their decks after the game. It would be very well suited to online multiplayer.

Nijaed!

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 1

CUSTOMIZE THE "BOX"

With all the cards coming from chests (and future class decks, etc etc etc), it would be nice if there was a way to customize your own "box". For example, remove a Troubadour and replace it with a Smith, or replace all Blessings of Desna with Favors of Pharasma. Or just remove all Longbows if you're playing without ranged-weapon-proficient characters.  Maybe go the other way entirely; make the good cards less common so they're more exciting to find. Even just a way to prevent selected Treasure Chest cards from appearing in the game without having to salvage them.

And in the future, with other Adventure Paths, mixing pieces of all the decks together for a really wild ride.

Tweaking the box would be a really fun feature to play with.

• Like 2

I believe that they very deliberately don't want people removing all the cards they don't want and replacing them with ones they do.  The original set was carefully tweaked for each adventure.  Now, I like the idea of tweaking the Treasure cards you add (which you can KINDA do by Salvaging, but I'd prefer to keep the cards in a virtual storage area rather than swap 'em permanently for gold).

• Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Name the Party

In story mode and quest mode, when we start playing we get a list of parties, each stating current progress and which members are in the party. I'd like to be able to name a party, so a title appears on the top row with the party name. Likewise, the names listed here should be our nicknames and not the original character names.

• Like 3

Faster Loading Times / Less Animation

I love this game and would love it even more if there was a way to increase the ratio of actual gameplay to time spent waiting.  This would involve both reducing or eliminating the time spent on the "loading" screen (could you pre-fetch data when you know or can predict what is coming?) and reducing or eliminating the micro-delays where you wait for little animations to finish.  I know we can turn effects off but some animations that block the UI remain, so having a "no really, all effects off" button would be much appreciated by me at least.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dice Average Calculator

It occurs to me that a lot of the new people encountering this app might not have a good grasp on averaging dice. It would be nice if there was an option to turn on dice averages  located Under the +# box. That way the game would be more accessible to people.

• Like 1