Suggestions and Ideas Thread

I've seen a few people post up things they would like to see in the future, and figured lets start a thread to compile them. Just a few rules:

1) DREAM BIG - No little suggestions like  more or less gold, more legendaries, etc. This is for adding entire features, things that would change the app.

2) SUGGESTION HEADERS - Since there will be discussions, Put each Suggestion in it's own post and put a big bold header at the top so it stands out and doesn't get missed.

I'll post one of my previous ones up as an example.

Quest Challenges

What would be awesome if Questing had CHALLENGES!

In addition to whatever wildcards are pulled for the scenario you had a set of challenges that were pulled such as:

Win X Combats

Deal X Damage

Acquire X boons

Close X locations in <X turns

Succeed at X checks

Beat X checks by >X

Use no weapons/items/allies/spells/armors/blessings/boons

Heal party members for X

Assist party members X times

Do not heal

Defeat only henchmen and villians

And each one would have a bounty in either gold, XP, or a higher level card. These would be set randomly and based on what level you were playing at. Legendary would pay out more, and Normal would pay out the least.

• Like 4

Mini-Episodes

It would be interesting in the future if Obsidian would release Mini-Episodes for the app, little Scenarios that are 2-3 Scenarios long, with some special loot or promos for unlocking. Eventually Pathfinder is going to run out of base content.

Possibly they could do design contests for users, where you outline a Mini-Episode and if yours is picked you get a little prize, and everyone gets to play your Episode.

• Like 2

Player vs Player Tournaments

Maybe tournaments with different levels of characters or card limitations so no one is fighting someone way more powerful. Run one a monnth with pre-listed restrictions and prizes. Then people could prepare for them. They would be a selectable adventure on a certain day at a certain time. No shows are eliminated. Winners fight another and another until only one winner remains. I can think of a ton of different things that could be thrown in here.

Question on BB Codes: Why did my underline code not work? I used [ u ] [ /u ] without the spaces of course.

Edited by Sweet_Sadie
  • Like 1

All of the board game content into the app (without bugs)

I honestly just want them to get all of the board game content into the app, without bugs, before ANY of this.  

So far we've literally seen like 2/18th of the content that exists... and that is not even including the 37 existing classes.  This is with adventure path 4 on the way as well.   I don't even know what the math is on that... but that's like 5% of all of the existing content. 

Once they get that, I'd just like to see custom cards and scenarios. 

Edited by wakasm
  • Like 5

Season of Runelords

Online multiplayer Gaming with class decks!

Isn't that coming with the multi player mode?

For that matter has obsidian released details on how and what multiplayer is going to be ?

Maybe, maybe not. The online Gaming is the normal game with normal scenarios at first because the cards Are not real so it does not matter if somebody somewhere else takes cards From your box and newer give them back... Because They Are digital so you get them back when you play next time in anyway. So no class decks or season play in the Beginning of online game. But it definitely would be cool to have those season of xxxxx games Also!

@hannibal, speaking to someone who's never touched or heard of the physical game, I'm lost on what you had explained :D but I'll hazard a guess class decks and season play are some sort of added deck that flesh out the core decks.

There's a whole franchise of it apparently I'm not sure if we'll get to see every digital version of it. But I'll happily take a multiplayer 'normal' version of it sometime in the near future . Not after pack 6 I hope.

http://paizo.com/pfsacg

The Pathfinder Society Adventure Card Guild is special version of Pathfinder Adventures that use special class based decks and special society adventures to allow player to play with different peoples in different places.

http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventureCardGame/classDecks

It is very fun and thematic because the cards you get to your deck Are tailored towards your own heroe. So it is actually whole new game that shares some rules and some cards From the normal game.

And yes, the normal online game is what we Are hoping to get next, but my hope is that one day we Also would see those Society adventures and class decks available in this game. They Also would be really Great money sink to players, because every class deck would be bought separately... Wink, Wink to the dev team :-)

The quest mode borrows Many features From the Society adventures at this moment. If you read the sosiety rules.

http://paizo.com/products/btpy98no

You find out why quest mode works as it works at this moment. Ofcourse the quest mode has its own rules, but the basics Are From here.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 1

Propper Card Rebalance

For example: Blackcloth Armor wording is crap as it is... Think of changing "add 1 to the combat check" by "add 1 dice"... Suddenly the Blackcloth Armor is an item you will consider to keep, not too much OP.

2ce46qt.png

Edited by LAntorcha

Propper Card Rebalance

For example: Blackcloth Armor wording is crap as it is... Think of changing "add 1 to the combat check" by "add 1 dice"... Suddenly the Blackcloth Armor is an item you will consider to keep, not too much OP.

2ce46qt.png

Actually Blackcloth Armor is one of the better armours out there, in my opinion. A reveal effect that helps you in combat, if only a little bit (but every +1 counts), on an armour is quite lovely. Changing it to 1 die would be completely overpowered, that's pretty much like giving you a (combat only, and a little harder to use, but combat is quite common, and being alone at a location isn't exactly rare either, regardless of your party size) blessing you only have to reveal to use.

• Like 4

Propper Card Rebalance

For example: Blackcloth Armor wording is crap as it is... Think of changing "add 1 to the combat check" by "add 1 dice"... Suddenly the Blackcloth Armor is an item you will consider to keep, not too much OP.2ce46qt.png

Actually Blackcloth Armor is one of the better armours out there, in my opinion. A reveal effect that helps you in combat, if only a little bit (but every +1 counts), on an armour is quite lovely. Changing it to 1 die would be completely overpowered, that's pretty much like giving you a (combat only, and a little harder to use, but combat is quite common, and being alone at a location isn't exactly rare either, regardless of your party size) blessing you only have to reveal to use.

Additionally this is a legitimate armor taken from Parhfinder PnPRPG.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/specific-magic-armor/murderer-s-blackcloth

With Sneak Attack, crossbows, and the ape, the Rogue class is intensely powerful. If you gave them an extra die AGAIN you would be too insanely OP.

• Like 1

Propper Card Rebalance

Blackcloth Armor is already probably one of the best Armors in the game for what it does...  because it offers utility in addition to being an armor.   

Typically, armor does nothing for you by holding onto it until you need it, taking up a card slot, yet this one you can reveal to get +1 on combat checks!.  

Which means if you have it for even 4 combat checks... you've gotten +4 out of it.   In addition, you can reduce all damage... not combat damage... but ALL damage... meaning that it works for before you act, after you act, trap damage, pure damage, and combat damage... which makes it even more ridiculous.   Especially since a lot of armor is only usable on combat damage.   

There are other armors that offer unique utility, like the ability to draw cards, etc, but there are many that offer no utility... and in this game... since you can never take any damage more than the cards in hand, armor in general is not as critical anyway, so utility makes the card value way higher than other cards.

"Not too much OP"

Very OP.  Let's not do this.  Especially as an Adventure 2 card. 

Edited by wakasm
  • Like 1

Blackcloth Armor is already probably one of the best Armors in the game for what it does...  because it offers utility in addition to being an armor.   

Typically, armor does nothing for you by holding onto it until you need it, taking up a card slot, yet this one you can reveal to get +1 on combat checks!.  

Which means if you have it for even 4 combat checks... you've gotten +4 out of it.   In addition, you can reduce all damage... not combat damage... but ALL damage... meaning that it works for before you act, after you act, trap damage, pure damage, and combat damage... which makes it even more ridiculous.   Especially since a lot of armor is only usable on combat damage.   

Having played Class Deck Sajan in the physical card game with a Boots of Elvenkind (reveal to add 1 die to your Acrobatics check, and his weapons use Acrobatics), I'll tell you adding a full die on a reveal is incredibly OP.  There's a reason 1 full die effects tend to be discard effects.

That being said, you can't use the Blackcloth Armor to reduce damage in the check if you've used it to add 1 to the Combat check, since you've played your 1 Armor per check.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

That being said, you can't use the Blackcloth Armor to reduce damage in the check if you've used it to add 1 to the Combat check, since you've played your 1 Armor per check.

While that is true, that is only for a combat check... which... hopefully you have weighed if +1 is worth more than the amount of damage you are about to potentially take.  Even if revealed during a combat check, you can still use it for other sources of damage like before you act/after you act/unexpected damage from locations/traps, etc.  

Maybe it's a villain that has 2 combat checks, with an "after you act "component that will make you have to throw away your sword before the second encounter, or one of those "All heroes at your location take X amount of damage" scenarios on a roll of 1. 

It is that versatility that makes these cards overpowered with utility already, because those are the moments you have a harder time planning for.  You can plan for a potential bad roll in combat damage by overpowering with allies, spells, and blessings, but you often cannot prevent these other sources of damage as easily.  That is the utility that just holding onto an armor like this provides.  Meanwhile, while you hold onto it... +1 to all your combat rolls! 

Survive the "surprise" before you act damage, so you can succeed on a combat check., is my most typical use case, but sometimes it is the other situations as well  

Edited by wakasm

Skill, Power & Card Feat "Respec"

I don't know if the PACG crowd will "banish" me for asking, but would a "respec" feature (that could be bought in the shop and resets all your points to zero and lets you redistribute all skills, powers & card feats) be an option for testing different character "builds"?

I am quite happy with how I developped my characters, but sometimes I wonder if another development path would have been the better idea.

Especially for higher-level quest mode characters (no way I will re-start the grind), I would like to see such an option. I don't think it would destroy the feeling of the game, it's the digital version after all.

• Like 5

Skill, Power & Card Feat "Respec"

I don't know if the PACG crowd will "banish" me for asking, but would a "respec" feature (that could be bought in the shop and resets all your points to zero and lets you redistribute all skills, powers & card feats) be an option for testing different character "builds"?

I am quite happy with how I developped my characters, but sometimes I wonder if another development path would have been the better idea.

Especially for higher-level quest mode characters (no way I will re-start the grind), I would like to see such an option. I don't think it would destroy the feeling of the game, it's the digital version after all.

I really like this idea! Maybe 2000 gold?

• Like 2

# Of locations slider with scaled rewards.

Right now my gang is all dressed up with no place to go.

want to take my dream team and tweak them to their utmost build and then do something with them.

Let me opt into extra locations and have the challenge be how many locations I can close in one scenario. (preferably with scaled gold rewards)

This would have the added element of saving a holy candle and a consecration for record breaking.

Remote Healing Promo Card

It would be awesome to have a Promo/LEGENDARY spell that has remote healing capabilities. It is one of the weak points in healing that it can't be done.

This exists as a promo card already, introduced for Wrath of the Righteous, so we will probably get it eventually if they do get that far in content.   I think there exists another card too, but the name of it is escaping me.   

paizo-pathfinder-car-wrath-of-the-righte

Edited by wakasm

keyboard and pen support

I have said this before, but allowing the use of keyboard, mouse, and pen with Pathfinder adventures would be really nice to see. Most propably this is waiting some ui changes, but even at this moment it could be nice to have support to it, even though the implementation may not be perfect because of touchscreen interface.

• Like 2