US Election 2016, part II

Meshugger

Sounds like no one wanted to pay those 10 million.

But anyway, boo!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Then just "boo!" then. How am i gonna get entertained now? :(

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It was always a lose-lose for Trump, unless Sanders hated Clinton enough to spike the debate which he clearly wouldn't do, as he still thinks he can win* and probably isn't that vindictive anyway. If Trump went hard at Bernie he'd lose the potential votes from the BernieBros who cannot or might not bring themselves to vote for Hillary but may vote for him- and those votes are effectively double value since they'd be natural democrat voters in theory at least- and if he went soft on Bernie it would not be reciprocated and he'd end up looking weak and give his Repub side denigraters more ammo. Bernie is also consistently the most liked candidate (OK, not much competition there) so Trump going hard at him runs the risk of making Trump even less likeable. In contrast, going hard at Clinton is easier as she's already heavily disliked.

*and to be fair, he's got a better chance at the end of the week than at the beginning given the email scandal certainly appears to have real legs now.

• Like 1

I very much agree, actually: Bernie seems to rather despise Trump, and Bernie would've never went at Hillary herself - no matter what too many of her idiot supporters are saying about Bernie trying to "damage" her campaign (which he has clearly tried very, very hard not to do this entire election cycle, even at the expense of his own campaign - just because he's not rolling over for her "coronation" does not mean he's trying to damage her campaign). I think Trump's best bet would've been to pretend the invitation never happened - accepting and then almost immediately backing out after confirming it several times on the lamest, most awful excuse paints a very different picture than what that would've done, though. He's now alienating Sanders supporters anyways.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

A redditor also suggested that he could've just said, "I don't debate losers," to begin with, and that would've been so perfectly Trump-esque (and also...not that terrible of a reason, if I'm looking at the race between Clinton and Sanders objectively) that I wouldn't have been too insulted. Oh well. :shrugz:

• Like 1

1464389841876.jpg
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Trump never should have suggested that he would debate Sanders. This is probably his first meaningful mistake. 

As cowardly as it was; Trump was right to not debate Sanders. He has nothing to gain and has a bit to lose.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

WHAT THE F*** DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

He's gonna build a rainstorm and make clouds pay for it.

1464398434206.jpg

1464401874941.jpg

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Once hes done with The Trump Wall, were finally going to build that water pipeline from Alaska that was quashed in the 90's.

You others water rich countries take note. If this doesn't work were coming for your water too. :yes:

But seriously, why aren't we just making desalination plants every 10Ft? Weve got thousands of miles of coast.

• Like 1

Apparently Gary Johnson is hitting as high as 10% in some polls. Which is interesting considering most folks have no clue who he is. But if he manages to get to 15% in any of the "big four" and can get on the debate stage.... I'd pay to see that!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/27/spotlight-on-libertarian-convention-amid-voter-unease-over-trump-clinton-race.html 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Once hes done with The Trump Wall, were finally going to build that water pipeline from Alaska that was quashed in the 90's.

You others water rich countries take note. If this doesn't work were coming for your water too. :yes:

But seriously, why aren't we just making desalination plants every 10Ft? Weve got thousands of miles of coast.

The majority of drinking water in Okinawa was desalinated. Tasted fine to me.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Apparently Gary Johnson is hitting as high as 10% in some polls. Which is interesting considering most folks have no clue who he is. But if he manages to get to 15% in any of the "big four" and can get on the debate stage.... I'd pay to see that!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/27/spotlight-on-libertarian-convention-amid-voter-unease-over-trump-clinton-race.html 

The more sanity the merrier.

I've always said the Libertarian party would be more popular if more folks were able to hear from them. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

People are too cheap to pay the maintenance costs I guess.

As for Trump's statement, heh, who the **** knows.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If there was ever a time to be a dynamic third party candidate, this year would be it.

538's take from a few days ago. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/pay-attention-to-libertarian-gary-johnson-hes-pulling-10-vs-trump-and-clinton/

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

People are too cheap to pay the maintenance costs I guess.

As for Trump's statement, heh, who the **** knows.

I suppose he "future" never had much use for sound economics.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Diplomatic relations with Japan: restored.

KCaLWL.png

• Like 4

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Diplomatic relations with Japan: restored.

KCaLWL.png

Pretty garbage troll. 1/10

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra