Lini, HUGE bug! (Super Farming)

Kgk4569

Question

This involves some intricate timing or button mashing.

I noticed that after recharging a spell, the Animal Trick button lights up for a brief moment.

I encountered Mystic Inscription, played Aid, succeeded at my check to get the spells. I then recharged Aid and kept button mashing Animal Trick. Sure enough when the 1d4 came up for spells I also had the 1d4 +2 from animal Trick! I got 6 spells!

See hand attached.

I kinda don't want to report this because of how awesome it is... :(

EDIT: Does not work on Locations when closing, due to the break in between when the location deck is cleared. After recharging ANYTHING that requires a roll Animal Trick is available for a very brief time. If there is no interruption between the recharge check and the roll to gain boons then this bug will work. So any of the barriers that you can gain items from are vulnerable.

post-163016-0-99274700-1463741134_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Kgk4569
  • Like 1

15 answers to this question

Thanks kgk4569.

However, I prefer to play the intended game and view exploiting bugs as a form of cheating. Yeah, even in a single player game. But that is just my opinion and my preference.

My question becomes, when they implement multiplayer mode, isn't the exploiting of bugs really a form of cheating? And the fact that you got your boons through a bug, exacerbate the problem? I am just asking everyones opinions here. I've already stated mine :)

There Are so Many ways to cheat in the multiplayer mode at this moment so it is hard to even count. But multiplayer mode is not ready at this moment and Many things can change!

I hope the holes are plugged before release of the multiplayer mode.

I find that different game companies consider different things to be cheating. I generally avoid them all, however, it would help me, and the other players, if Obsdian would publish a list of the various actions they consider cheating.

Let me give one example of differences between games/companies. Most games/companies consider having muliple characters cheating. Book of Hero's not only allows it, they encourage it. They allow up to 5 characters per email login, and as many email logins as you wish. I met players there with 25 or more characters. One runs a guild with only his characters in it. LOL

At this moment it is easy to make a Group with only the best possible cards that the game can provide to each level because there is no limit how Many versions you have most of the cards. In single player games that is not a broblem. Is someone want to cheat, it is his own game and just fine! But in online games it would be really annoying! But the dev team is considering different alternatives to online multiplayer game so the situation that is possible at this moment (having 6 deathbane crosbows, 10 staf of healing etc) can be remedied to the online game.

Hannibal, are you part of the beta test team or something ? You seem to know more than you're letting on lol.

As for cheating in multiplayer, there is the hard deterrence and soft one. Hard being some coded checks by obsidian that checks players deck before game begins and any deck with cards that's beyond the legitimate limit of the base cards ,( like 4 haste, 4 swipe, 3 augury That could literally make ezren go thru the game at mind blowing pace, mind ). Soft ones being players get to choose who to party up with and serial cheats gets to play on their own. Would require players to be able to watch cards being played in game by others to work though.

I was part of the open beta, but I am not part of official beta testers. But because of that open beta period, I have seen this game development reasonable long time (we Are getting better and better direction all the time ;-) and I have read Many answers by dev team and other testers and players and can combine aspects From those earlier post and From my own Gaming experiences. So not a any secred spice in here, just long relationship with this digital game.

• Like 1