Vault - Cards Possibly Missing?

Hi all,

After an adventure, I am at a loss as to where the extra cards go my party does not take with them into an adventure.  I have a group that has gone out at least 4 times together, but I can never see the growing amount of cards in my vault.  The ones that I am not taking with me into the adventure.

Not sure if this is clear,  I can clarify further if needed.

Thanks!

• Like 1

They go back to "the box" pool. Any card that you don't take with you in your character decks is lost. You must encounter them again in future plays if you want them.

The Vault only displays the cards if they are obtainable.

Some in-game explanation is needed, if you ask me...

Edited by LAntorcha
  • Like 1

Thanks for the explanation, still kind of confused. Where do I get the sense of progression from a deck standpoint if I have to turn them in after every outing. Maybe I am confusing that part? When I create a party and begin a scenario, and then send them in for the first adventure, are you saying I lose any cards gained between every adventurer?

If I keep playing the same four characters for the next two weeks in the same party, do I not keep,the decks I make for each member? Does the cards I do not pick for the one adventure disappear, or remain for the whole scenario?

Sorry, I am so very confused by this.

• Like 1

This mechanic makes no sense and I having a tough time wrapping my head aroun it. I go into the vault and I have 3 cure cards available. I currently have 1 in my Lem deck. In the physical version of the game, I could simply (between adventures) exchange 2 spells in my current deck for the other two cures. Are you saying this is impossible in the digital version? Why would the vault tell me I have three if I have no access to the other 2 not currently in my Lem deck. Help! I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this.

While you can adjust your deck with basic gear from the box when you create your character, you're only supposed to go back to the box between games for cards (from your example: the other two cures) if there are not enough cards of that type to fill out your deck at the end of the mission.  You're not supposed to freely dip into the box whenever you want a specific card, basic or otherwise, electronically or physically.  If you want an additional cure, you'll have to find it while searching locations, acquire it, then add it to your deck after the mission.

Alternately, you could intentionally banish spells during a mission to the point where you don't have enough to fill out your deck at the end, and the app will then let you dip back in and pull out what you want.

• Like 2

I know what the problem is, you are imagining the Vault as a pool of cards that grows as you earn cards in adventures and discard them from your deck. It is not, the Vault is all the cards that can be acquired for a certain scenario.

The cards that make up the location decks come from the Vault.

When your characters defeat banes, banish boons, and discard cards from their deck at the end of a scenario; these cards return to the Vault.

The only way to increase the amount of cards in your Vault are:

- Starting a new scenario with a higher adventure deck

- Buying Treasure Chests

- Unlocking cards in story mode

• Like 2

I know what the problem is, you are imagining the Vault as a pool of cards that grows as you earn cards in adventures and discard them from your deck. It is not, the Vault is all the cards that can be acquired for a certain scenario.

When your characters defeat banes, banish boons, and discard cards from their deck at the end of a scenario; these cards return to the Vault.

- Buying Treasure Chests

Imagine Pathfinder as a house, the Adventures as rooms,  and the Vault as an inventory of all the items in that room. Now imagine your deck as what is in your pockets.

You enter a room and find a knife, it doesn't fit in your pockets, you drop the knife.

There is still only one knife in the room. Just because you found a knife, does not mean the original knife has respawned. there is a finite number of resources.

Edited by Kgk4569
  • Like 2

- Buying Treasure Chests

Nailed it!

We will work on making this clearer in the future!

• Like 2

Yes, kind of. In the physical Pathfinder Card Game you have a literal box, which is both your Gallery and Vault.

Not to beat this to death, but then what is the function of gallery vs vault?

Gallery shows the sum of all the cards ever available for your app. Vault shows all of the cards available for the current scenario.

• Like 2

The best way to explain it is to consider the vault "the world" in the game. The world has banes and boons. When you start your character fresh, you are allowed to create the character with a set number of different types of cards that have the BASIC trait.

When you are out in "the world" (the vault), exploring locations, you encounter the banes (bad cards) and boons (good cards) that are for that particular adventure deck or below whether they came from the original base set or were added to "the world" through buying the character add-on or buying chests and opening them.

Things in the "the world" have levels. You will never find an adventure deck 2 card (Skinsaw Murders) while playing adventure deck 1 scenario (Burnt Offerings) because they are beyond the level of the current adventure.

When you finish a scenario, you have to whittle your characters deck back down to only have the number of cards of each type that they are allowed to carry. You can at that time choose to keep the better boons that you have encountered and acquired during playing the scenario or as a reward for winning the scenario. By all means, during this phase of play, throw away the cards that are less desirable. Those go back into "the world".

There are additional rules about plain out destroying lesser cards so they no longer exist in the world once you get to adventure deck 3, but lets not concern ourselves with that yet.

If you step back and consider the vault (world) as the budget for what can be encountered as you play, and the fact that after you build your starting character you then progress by encountering treasure (better cards to carry around) it's a little clearer.

Obviously, math states that you won't always encounter an awesome card, but it makes it that much sweeter when Ezren lucks into finding that Longsword +1 while adventuring, Valeros is definitely going to want that card if he's in your party, so he may decide to throw a blessing at that check for Ezren, and Merisiel may decide that she really wants Valeros to have that for the party so she gets excited about it and decides to help Ezren as well. If Ezren then with all that help succeeded at the check, he acquires it. He can then give it to Valeros if they are at the same location, or perhaps at the end of the scenario, Ezren dumps it off while rearranging his pack (deck) and valeros can then pick it up and swap it out for that crappy shortsword he's been carrying around.

At the end of the scenario when characters are resetting their pack (deck) they can only use what the entire party has found along their adventure in the scenario. The ONLY time you can dip into the world is when due to circumstances while adventuring you end up with not having enough of a specific type of card to bring everyone's deck back up to the proper amount of cards of a certain type (say, you need a total of 9 spells for the party and there's only 8 ). So someone will have to go to the store and buy a spell (get it from the world for free). BUT. You can only grab BASIC trait items for this. Once you get to adventure deck 3, you can grab anything up to adventure deck 1. When you get to 4, you can refill with adventure deck 2 items. Always 2 below. No grabbing the best super powerful items at will, you have to find those while adventuring. To repeat, you can ONLY dip into the box between scenarios if THE PARTY does not have enough of a certain type of card to meet the requirements for someone to rebuild a complete deck. The game will show you which cards you can pull when you need to do this, and it is playing by the rules for you.

Edited by hfm
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...