The Angry Video Game Nerd vs. The World

Meshugger

He's fine to not be interested in it. Though while looking up what this crap is about did come across one rather mean tweet

https://twitter.com/thelindsayellis/status/732599073723850752

One of the replies near the top.

I had to look her up as i had no idea on the context. Is it this perhaps? http://namebrandlindsay.com/2011/06/22/ethical-storytelling-or-why-i-did-it/

She basically had an abortion in order to create a documentary about abortion. Oh wow, now that tweet makes sense, pretty brutal.

As I understand it, she made a documentary about abortion because she had decided to have an abortion and noticed that none of the documentaries that exist about the topic ever seemed to be from the perspective of someone who'd made that decision.

Sorry to derail the thread,

Ame, who's the the new avatar?

She looks like a more attractive version of Maisie Williams.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Reminds me, I recently watched the original movie with the kids (to great response I might add,) but I seem to remember one part being a little different: That being the chair/hand possession scene with the lovely Ms Weaver, as I remember that scene went on for a while longer and the chair/hands were on rather first name terms with the actress so to speak. In this cut the scene seemed very truncated, am I (or my hormones) misremembering?

I'm similarly not impressed by the trailers, but then again I gave up in the franchise after the second film with young Dragonslayer and the chap from Die Hard.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I believe Angry Video Game Nerd is the name of his channel.

Perhaps he has more than one channel, but the name of this one is 'Cinemassacre'.

If you look at his videos, many of them are titled "The Angry Video Game Nerd".  Cinemassacre would be his account name.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2B009153AC977F90

I guess you could call it the name of his video series.

Edited by Hurlshot

The guy is like Tom Petty, he won't back down.

He did say in his previous video that he was going to make this one.

As for the thread issue....

I don't see any anger from the guy, nor is he talking about a video game. The new Ghostbusters represents pretty much everything that is wrong in Hollywood this last decade or two. Twitter is for morons or those that would lead them somewhere.

How... original.

Never heard of him.

Now i feel a bit embaressed...I created this thread on the assumption that you guys knew who he was. He's Angry Video Game Nerd, he is the original "angry" video game reviewer, starting back in 2004. His reviews get 1-2 million views to this day. Cinemassacre is his movie reviews that he started later.

Just be sure, is this completely new to you guys?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just be sure, is this completely new to you guys?

If I'd seen it before I'd forgotten about it as I didn't think it worth remembering (and I probably got no further than ~30 seconds before either).

However, I have played and beaten Zelda II of course, long ago when the NES was the thing and the SNES didn't exist yet. Zelda I was the reason I saved up and bought a NES (had to have it after playing it at a friend's house), and Ocarina of Time was the reason I bought a N64 (haven't bought a nintendo system since). A Link to the Past is the best Zelda, though not the only reason I bought a SNES (so many great games for the SNES). Anon.

I've never seen a good video game reviewer out there on youtube. One may exist, under a rock somewhere, but I'm unaware of them if they do.

The last time I read a good video game review was near ten years ago, and it was about Mask of the Betrayer. At that time it was the first good review of a game I'd seen in years (I forget at this point where I saw the review), and was a one off by the author for the most part. It was objective, didn't spoil stuff, was written intelligently, wasn't fanboyish, and told me some things I didn't know.

The vast majority of video game reviewers since the mid/late 90s have their tongue up the butt of some or all of the game companies they review. This is true of most movie reviewers too, as well as reviewers of products from all sorts of industries. There's an inherent corruption that generally happens when reviewers of X become popular. They tend to get in with the makers of X so they can have better access to product X and ultimately become like 'Consumer Reports': much more advertisement than objective review. It's similar to the problem that plagues mainstream journalism.

Also, Angry Joe is a wussieboy who tongues butts, balls, and reaches around for at least some of the companies who make the games he reviews. I have seen him a couple times because people kept linking him on another forum I once frequented some years back.

All that said, I do generally agree with AVGN's take on the new 'Ghostbusters', but I didn't learn anything by watching him, nor did he offer an interesting alternative perspective, so I see little reason to watch him in the future.

That's my quick review of all of this reviewer stuff.

Edited by Valsuelm

He's fine to not be interested in it. Though while looking up what this crap is about did come across one rather mean tweet

https://twitter.com/thelindsayellis/status/732599073723850752

One of the replies near the top.

I had to look her up as i had no idea on the context. Is it this perhaps? http://namebrandlindsay.com/2011/06/22/ethical-storytelling-or-why-i-did-it/

She basically had an abortion in order to create a documentary about abortion. Oh wow, now that tweet makes sense, pretty brutal.

As I understand it, she made a documentary about abortion because she had decided to have an abortion and noticed that none of the documentaries that exist about the topic ever seemed to be from the perspective of someone who'd made that decision.

Sorry to derail the thread,

Ame, who's the the new avatar?

She looks like a more attractive version of Maisie Williams.

Linda Thorson

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

What I don't like in any of these movies is that the black people are always angry and shouting. And I don't know why they are always angry and shouting. Can't they just chill.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Youtube channels are a young person's game.  Most of us old farts are too busy rewinding our cassettes.

age-test-cassette-tape-pencil.jpg

What, no 8-track? pffft. Next thing you'll probably have the audacity to claim that VHS is better than BetaMax, well i never!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

One good thing from this is how well it filters who the unsalvageable **** are.

We have a "SJW" definition thread here. Well if you throw a hissy fit and reach straight for the mysoggyknees over a guy who literally says nothing at all about gender politics you're an SJW. It is the quintessential example of going after someone without demonstrable cause and seeing a problem where no evidence exists to support such interpretation.

Edited by Gorth
Bypassing language filter
  • Like 3