Repeat mission gold change *SUGGESTION*

I understand that replaying a mission already completed on normal or hard will not provide any gold (beyond the bonus for defeating monsters and closing locations), however any legendary difficulty will still provide 200 gold. If possible to programs it as such I would like to make a suggestion.

Repeating a mission at any difficulty level where the scenario level is the same as the top level of cards in deck (or missions already completed) will provide gold. Replaying a mission at any difficulty level where the scenario level is two below the top level of cards (or missions already completed) will provide no gold. 

I don't see why I should be able to run legendary Poison Pill with Mersi in 8-10 minutes for ~225 gold (and stock up on allies/deathbanes/mastercrafted toolkits to pass to everyone else), whereas when I run a skinsaw normal to try and (so far fail to) find my newly unlocked treasure chest amulet for my monk I get ~35 gold in half an hour. 

This will get worse in the future. After role cards and level 3 boons are unlocked repeating legendary level B missions will be even more trivial.

• Like 5

I gotta be honest, when I saw the title of the post, my gut reaction was, "This'll be dumb." I eat humble pie. This suggestion is spot-on.

When the change to gold farming was announced, some people complained that awarding gold only on Legendary would disproportionally benefit better players. This isn't true, though. When you use over-leveled characters, beating the game on Legendary with a 2-player party (or, depending on the scenario, a 1-player party as described in the OP) is just not that hard.

+1

This suggestion makes sense, the current system doesn't. I'm not even sure the current system was implemented as intended or works reliably either, which doesn't help. Maybe it is and does, but if so it's more complicated than I can figure out.

Repeating a mission at any difficulty level where the scenario level is the same as the top level of cards in deck (or missions already completed) will provide gold. Replaying a mission at any difficulty level where the scenario level is two below the top level of cards (or missions already completed) will provide no gold. 

I'm guessing the (economic ) consideration behind why it's not possible now to receive end-scenario gold reward for repeating scenario on lower difficulty mode will mean this restriction will remain largely in play.

But the idea of restricting overpowered deck and character having a cakewalk at lower adventure pack scenario even in legendary mode will probably be implemented in some form. Your suggestion seems good on that point.

Thanks for the feedback. 

We are looking into changes to reduce the attractiveness of farming lower level scenarios. I would also like to see changes where you get bonuses for completing scenarios with higher amounts of characters in your party to reward people who play with 6 character parties.

• Like 4

I actually thought the current system was a bug, because it made no sense for it not to work this way. I bought a couple of characters to replay the scenario with and it makes little sense they don't get any gold for doing so. As it stands playing normally does not grant gold but grinding does. Surely this is the opposite of the intended effect of this change?

Edit. It should surely at least be the case that if the characters CAN'T play the mission on legendary they should get gold as normal for playing on normal/hard?

Edited by Rubarack

Sounds great , great risk great reward. Something simple along the line of making rare cards having a slightly higher chance to drop in legendary 6 man team or up scaled xp progression in quest mode.

There's no need to upscale XP for larger groups. Larger groups mean more Locations, more cards and more banes to fight which grant XP. A single skeleton horde in a 6 man party will give you about 1500 XP. And there's the scenario power that makes everyone fight a skeleton every time someone encounters a henchman. That's up to 42 banes defeated from that effect alone. And as far as I can tell, the XP is not split but everyone gets everything

Bigger parties take more time per scenario, but I don't think they level much (if any) slower. Getting more Gold for larger parties would be a big improvement, however.

• Like 1

Just a followup thought. As you release packs, if the latest playable pack can give full rewards that would be enough to balance. As you release new adventures, the previous top tier loses value.

As for the gold reward for larger parties. I find when I do item hunts with a six person party I rarely finish the mission even on normal. Versus a legendary solo poison pill is almost always a win (unless there is a bug or hideous, hideous low probability odds combined with specific wildcards).

There's no need to upscale XP for larger groups. Larger groups mean more Locations, more cards and more banes to fight which grant XP. A single skeleton horde in a 6 man party will give you about 1500 XP. And there's the scenario power that makes everyone fight a skeleton every time someone encounters a henchman. That's up to 42 banes defeated from that effect alone. And as far as I can tell, the XP is not split but everyone gets everything

Bigger parties take more time per scenario, but I don't think they level much (if any) slower. Getting more Gold for larger parties would be a big improvement, however.

If it's true that xp isn't shared , there is indeed less a need to award greater xp for a demanding large party run. But even so, I think chances are higher you won't win the scenario so a lil compensation like 5% bonus per extra character above 4 for example,which isn't much honestly , may still be awarded for successful completion .

I would also like to see changes where you get bonuses for completing scenarios with higher amounts of characters in your party to reward people who play with 6 character parties.

Please don't. Keeping track of 6 characters is daunting and just not very fun for some people, while I'm sure other people love it. But playing with a party that big should be a preference, not a requirement for some kind of bonus.

By your own logic, LunarWolf, 6-player parties should get bigger rewards. As it stands now, the reward for completing a scenario dwarfs the incidental gold accrued during that scenario. This means that someone playing with a 2-player party gains gold much faster than someone playing with a 6-player party -- effectively, the game awards a bonus for playing with a smaller group. So your logic should compel you to say, "Please don't. Playing with only 2 characters is overly simplistic and just not very fun for some people, while I'm sure other people love it. But playing with a party that small should be a preference, not a requirement for some kind of bonus."

By your own logic, LunarWolf, 6-player parties should get bigger rewards. As it stands now, the reward for completing a scenario dwarfs the incidental gold accrued during that scenario. This means that someone playing with a 2-player party gains gold much faster than someone playing with a 6-player party -- effectively, the game awards a bonus for playing with a smaller group. So your logic should compel you to say, "Please don't. Playing with only 2 characters is overly simplistic and just not very fun for some people, while I'm sure other people love it. But playing with a party that small should be a preference, not a requirement for some kind of bonus."

Nooo, actually the opposite. You still have 30 turns, and with 6 players you MUST grind locations, which means you will encounter, and thus have more chances of defeating, more monsters, of whick there are more on the scenario. Also, you get more gold when you close a location, 6 players has more locations.

6 players: Mo' problems, Mo' money

Why reward people twice?

Nooo, actually the opposite. You still have 30 turns, and with 6 players you MUST grind locations, which means you will encounter, and thus have more chances of defeating, more monsters, of whick there are more on the scenario. Also, you get more gold when you close a location, 6 players has more locations.

Why reward people twice?

The rewards for defeating monsters and closing locations are minuscule compared to the reward for completing a legendary scenario, while the difficulty of a scenario (and time to complete) increases as you add more characters.

A solo character will walk away with close to 450 gold from multiple runs made in the same time it takes a 6-character party to finish a single scenario, with the latter rewarding that party around 250 gold in total.

• Like 1

Why reward people twice?

I'm afraid there is a fallacy in your reasoning. :) Yes, you still have 30 turns, but as you yourself say, a 6-player party has to grind through way more cards than a party of 2, so the physical time needed to complete a scenario with 6 characters is much greater even though the in-game time is the same.

In the time it takes me to beat one scenario with 6 characters, I can beat two scenarios with 2 characters. The extra 200 gold my 2-player party gets for finishing a legendary scenario far outweighs the extra incidental gold my 6-player party gets for killing more banes and closing more locations.

By the way, I'm not necessarily arguing that 6-player parties should get bigger rewards. I wouldn't mind if they did, but my main reason for posting was to point out that one argument against it was objectively unsound.

Edited by Borissimo