Where is the patch? Developers, judging by the irrelevant posts your fans are posting on this thread, I can tell that they are bored. When you promise new content 'early next week' and don't, please be forthcoming as to why instead of leaving us hanging.

Thanks for the update, pinkrose.

Obviously, we'd all prefer to have the patch now. (Nao! Give me nao!). But I'd rather have the patch take an extra few days to roll out smoothly, than to risk rushing something out. Even if the current hold-up is in app store approval delays.

I think it's fantastic that Obsidian is supporting this game and the community so well. I've spent way more money on this game than I do for even full desktop PC games, but have also gotten much more enjoyment out of it as well. +1 to an awesome community.

• Like 2

If they release it anytime before Sunday and release it in the wee hours of the morning they're keeping true to their word.

Not really. "Early next week" is certainly subjective, but only to a point. It doesn't translate to "the last possible moment of next week."

It's their game, and they can release it whenever they like. I just wish they'd simply said "next week" so we weren't all foamy over when it was going to happen.

My quest mode is currently broken until the update. So here I sit.

If they release it anytime before Sunday and release it in the wee hours of the morning they're keeping true to their word.

Not really. "Early next week" is certainly subjective, but only to a point. It doesn't translate to "the last possible moment of next week."

It's their game, and they can release it whenever they like. I just wish they'd simply said "next week" so we weren't all foamy over when it was going to happen.

He is talking about unlinking the terms "Early" and "next week". So

Early =  early in the morning

next week = ....next week

So "early next week" =  Some time next week very early in the morning.

Ran across an article about the patch:

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/next-pathfinder-adventures-patch-incoming-next-week-bringing-next-adventure-deck-with-it/

We're all waiting with baited breath.  No need to be impatient though.  Obsidian's done a good job of post-release support so far.

"It's a rather simple game and completely dependent upon luck". I don't agree with the writer on either point.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/next-pathfinder-adventures-patch-incoming-next-week-bringing-next-adventure-deck-with-it/

We're all waiting with baited breath.  No need to be impatient though.  Obsidian's done a good job of post-release support so far.

"It's a rather simple game and completely dependent upon luck". I don't agree with the writer on either point.

Too many non-boardgamers or non-PnPRPGers think dice automatically equals luck. They don't realize that the damage, combat, loot, and encounter algorithms behind their favorite games operate the EXACT same way behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

Too many non-boardgamers or non-PnPRPGers think dice automatically equals luck. They don't realize that the damage, combat, loot, and encounter algorithms behind their favorite games operate the EXACT same way behind the scenes.

I totally agree. But I do feel the author on the following statement about the dice feeling rigged. I've put hours into this game (four campaigns, and all characters) and I play the Paizo tabletop ACG weekly. I know that dice in video games don't have accurate probability, but this feels a little ridiculous. I was hoping to hear that their rolling algorithms were being adjusted for the patch.

(Really curious how many times the game rolls "1" when it's an environment trigger...)

• Like 1

He is talking about unlinking the terms "Early" and "next week". So

Early =  early in the morning

next week = ....next week

So "early next week" =  Some time next week very early in the morning.

Leaves the question: Early in the morning.... according to which time zone ???

• Like 1

Hey all!

We appreciate your patience. We've been addressing some last minute issues that came up and want to make sure that the next update is full of awesome things for you all! It will be soon though. Like I said on the stream yesterday, we will have it to you this week!

• Like 9

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Leaves the question: Early in the morning.... according to which time zone ???

Also a good point, date/time means very little without a time zone attached.  Anyways, Blizzard desensitized me to release expectations.

Hey all!

We appreciate your patience. We've been addressing some last minute issues that came up and want to make sure that the next update is full of awesome things for you all! It will be soon though. Like I said on the stream yesterday, we will have it to you this week!

<3

I don't know how many of the people I speak for, but take your time, we trust ya!

Seriously, I know there has been a lot of belly aching around here, but you guys have made a good game, have a great support presence, and are just great to work with. While we all want to play everything ASAP, most of us know that this stuff takes a lot of time and resources, especially when supporting across multiple platforms. You are doing a great job and we appreciate everything you guys are doing.

It's not just their call, working with Apple isn't easy. They do things on their own time table and generally aren't the most respectful or supportive of devs.