1. Obsidian had permission to change cards. Just because it's not in an errata document didn't mean it can't be changed. See the candle.

I get where you're coming from, Pink, but your comparison to the Holy Candle actually proves my point rather than yours. :)

1) Mike Selinker is on record saying he hated the Holy Candle, but he's on record saying he's fine with the Impaler.

2) Obsidian was clear from the get-go that the Holy Candle was nerfed for the digital version with Paizo's permission. The equivalent for the Impaler would have been to say that they are buffing it for the digital version with Paizo's permission. But they didn't say this -- instead, they said that the printed card was wrong and that the digital version is how it's supposed to be.

So whereas the Holy Candle change falls under the "Obsidian makes changes with Paizo's permission" blanket generalization, the Impaler very blatantly does not. If Obsidian says the printed card is an error, then that absolutely needs to be confirmed by Paizo for players of the physical game.

Per an official Paizo source, the Impaler of Thorns IS supposed to require proficiency:

"The change was accidental. Weapon proficiency is desired."

It seems there was some miscommunication between Obsidian and Paizo. This change isn't a big deal, as the only character routinely affected by it in the base set is Ezren, but it's still nice to know that whatever ends up happening in the digital version, players should not ignore the Impaler's proficiency requirement in the physical game.

will the new adventure cost 4000 gold as the other ones? cause I piled 10k gold to get the character deck, and I want to know if I better save them for the adventure ;)

I'm wondering this as well.  9k burning a hole in my pocket and I almost bought some chests but I worried they may increase the cost of 3 since it's such a big leap from 2.  

Borrisimo, I think our points are equally valid.

Sometimes they have changed things that didn't need changed. Sometimes they have errated things that needed changed. Sometimes they haven't changed things that need changing.

It's not consistent.

Also, I really really wish they had a FAQ/change log.

• Like 1

Maybe they will press the "release" button during the live playthrough?

This is not how it works. They dependent on Google Play and co. that when an update gets actually available to the players.

I don't exactly know what 'early next week' means in the US but here in Australia, Wednesday is considered 'mid-week'. If this is the trend to how often new content is released, RotR will be released in its entirety in August.

Fun fact: Wednesday is called "Mittwoch" in German, which literally translates to "mid-week".

While I'd love to get my hands on A3, I don't mind waiting a bit longer. It would just be nice to know, what exactly we are waiting for. Did some last minute bugs appear that have to be fixed? Is the update already at google and apple for testing?

After the awesome amount of communication from the devs in the last weeks, the silence following the patch announcement is a bit disappointing.

They may be bugs, but there always is Also google and Apple inspection before release. And it can cause small delays, but normally a couple of days.

I Expect them at 26.5. Because it is normal release day for programs.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

New content coming soooooooooooooooooooon QQ.

I have been checking google play for the past few days for new release, but got nothing

Indeed!

Come on, are we there yet?! :)

Edited by Maurios

Ran across an article about the patch:

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/next-pathfinder-adventures-patch-incoming-next-week-bringing-next-adventure-deck-with-it/

We're all waiting with baited breath.  No need to be impatient though.  Obsidian's done a good job of post-release support so far.

• Like 1

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

Adult me: They're doing great with the speed of content, and the game's amazing!  I'll just wait and check next week if the patch doesn't download before then.  Being a developer myself I know good things take time.

Child me: YOU PROMISED!!! 

• Like 3