Any chance of this being a universal release on ios so us iphone users can get in on the action as well?

Not for this patch, unfortunately.  The next real big milestones for us, besides Adventure Deck 4, is release on phones. 

When we get closer to that release I am hopeful that there will be a big Marketing push and everyone will know it is coming.

• Like 3

- Characters who die in a scenario can now properly gain their rewards upon successfully replaying the scenario.
  • This fix is unfortunately not retroactive

I need an explanation for the "not retroactive". If I take my cleric on a quest she died on (and did NOT get a reward for completing it afterwards the 2. time I tried), do she get the reward now, or is she "marked" as having allready done the quest. And how about my fighter who ALSO did not get his reward although it was completed successfully (his first time).

Or do I need to start a whole new party to claim my rewards?

If I have to ques... You have to start over. I don't think that there is a way of backtracking (easily) if character has the mark for completing and not reward. But we see in less than a week.

In some cases it would give double reward to some characters etc... The card rewards Are the worst, because you most propably have discarded them allready.

You guys are doing a great job! My major issues are being fixed (salvage to cut out the massive repeats of "uncommons" what are more common than my commons  :no: ) and plenty of hunts still for easter eggs. This is the most I have paid for an iPad game and would willingly drop the same amount when you get around to the next set of content.

As a side suggestion, since it is single player I'd like a way to speed up the experience gained in quest mode. It's a bit grindy still. Perhaps a XP multiplier toggle? 

Thanks, and good work!

In a mixed quest I am geting a bug that has rendered the mode unplayable, even with forced reloads.

I have six characters who are, after having leveled up, 10, 10, 9, 9, 4, 4. The problems occurs when the game tries to award my levels.

The first two cards for each of the 4s are delivered (a pair of allies, then a free choice), then it goes to the spells (I think it's spells) for the level 9s. Regardless of which character I select first, the card appears not on screen but well above it. I can see the glow from the bottom of the card, but it is too high to tap. This happens every time. Since this process does not time out, and since only one Quest can be active at a time, this mode is now currently dead for me.

I can't tell if this issue is addressed in the upcoming patch. Maybe the note about some characters not being eligible for a card? If not, please let me know if there's any further information I can provide to help.

Thanks for your time,

navajas

Edited by navajas

- Scarecrow Golem: Poison immunity now properly respected

Sooo, by this, did you mean the "GHOUL Scarecrow'? Because the Scarecrow GOLEM is totally not supposed to be immune to Poison , he's only immune to Attack and Mental.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

and all powers/cards that replace your combat check with a different skill add that skill as a trait to the check.

You have a source for that one?  I know all cards that replace a check add their traits, but I don't know of a case where I've seen it say that they add their skills.  Most weapons for example have Melee as a trait, so that would be redundant, same with spells (they have arcane or divine as a trait on the spell).  I haven't seen anything that ever keys off of having Diplomacy as a trait, for instance (although lots of things key off diplomacy checks).

In fact, I can't think of anywhere other than Seoni at the Thassilonian dungeon where such a rule would ever really apply, so it seems oddly specific.

It's not entirely wrong. It should have BOTH the Magic AND the Arcane trait. It's a power that replaces your Combat check with an Arcane skill roll (the power currently says die, but that is incorrectly worded, it should say skill instead), and all powers/cards that replace your combat check with a different skill add that skill as a trait to the check.

Good to read that the Magic trait is being applied though, that is by far the more important of the two. ;)

I don't believe that's quite right.  If a card defines a check, the CARD'S traits are added to the check.  The skill itself is an entirely separate entity.  (Hence, the confusion with Ranged and Melee being both Skills and commonly used Traits.)

If you check page 12 of the Wrath of the Righteous rulebook, first column, under "Determine Which Skill You're Using", the third paragraph clearly states: "The skill you’re using for the check, and any skill referenced by that skill, are added as traits to the check. For example, if your character has the skill Melee: Strength +2, and you are using your Melee skill, both the Strength and the Melee traits are added to the check. When you’re playing a card to determine the skill you’re using, that card’s traits are also added to the check; for example, revealing the weapon Heavy Pick for your combat check adds the Pick, Melee, Piercing, and Basic traits to the check. (This isn’t the same as giving you a skill; for example, playing the spell Dazzle adds the Arcane trait to your check, but it does not give you the Arcane skill.)"

Only ADDITIONAL skills that might be added to the check by other powers are not added as traits, but the main skill you use for the check (if any), which in Seoni's Arcane Blast's case is Arcane (and also Charisma), are added as traits to the check.

• Like 2

Any chance of this being a universal release on ios so us iphone users can get in on the action as well?

Not for this patch, unfortunately.  The next real big milestones for us, besides Adventure Deck 4, is release on phones. 

When we get closer to that release I am hopeful that there will be a big Marketing push and everyone will know it is coming.

I wonder, when we get a Steam release. But for now, I'm happy how fast the game improves.

Great, just knowing its still on your radar is good enough for me! Thanks

- Impaler of Thorns: Functionality now matches text.  No more penalty for being non-proficient!

This is actually backwards. The physical cards lists the non-proficiency penalty, so the game mechanics were implementing that properly. The issue was that the card image in the game DIDN'T include the penalty text found on the physical card. Unless there's been an errata somewhere that I missed? (I just took a look, and didn't find it anywhere)

In a mixed quest I am geting a bug that has rendered the mode unplayable, even with forced reloads.

I have six characters who are, after having leveled up, 10, 10, 9, 9, 4, 4. The problems occurs when the game tries to award my levels.

The first two cards for each of the 4s are delivered (a pair of allies, then a free choice), then it goes to the spells (I think it's spells) for the level 9s. Regardless of which character I select first, the card appears not on screen but well above it. I can see the glow from the bottom of the card, but it is too high to tap. This happens every time. Since this process does not time out, and since only one Quest can be active at a time, this mode is now currently dead for me.

I can't tell if this issue is addressed in the upcoming patch. Maybe the note about some characters not being eligible for a card? If not, please let me know if there's any further information I can provide to help.

Thanks for your time,

navajas

It seems fixed according to the patch notes see the part about "Progression Break when unable to acquire Rewards"

Meanwhile there is a workaround that should allow you to continue without having to wait for the patch :

get the rewards for the low level character as usual, but when the last one had been chosen, do not click the "continue" arrow  at the right of the screen, first select one of the higher levels characters (one whose reward keep going outside the screen).

Only once the other character is selected (he should still be in red, but get a small aura showing that you selected him or her) then you click the continue arrow, the reward should then be positionned at the correct place.

It worked for me each time that I got the bug and allowed me to get my full rewards and continue my quest with the same group.

• Like 1

- Impaler of Thorns: Functionality now matches text.  No more penalty for being non-proficient!

This is actually backwards. The physical cards lists the non-proficiency penalty, so the game mechanics were implementing that properly. The issue was that the card image in the game DIDN'T include the penalty text found on the physical card. Unless there's been an errata somewhere that I missed? (I just took a look, and didn't find it anywhere)

Impaler has since the first edition been changed by Paizo to be consistent with other Spears, so the original printed version was wrong for having the penalty included, and the 1.0.3 version reflects the most recent official version of the card.

• Like 1

Impaler has since the first edition been changed by Paizo to be consistent with other Spears, so the original printed version was wrong for having the penalty included, and the 1.0.3 version reflects the most recent official version of the card.

Wow, really? Thanks for this info, apparently I'd completely failed at finding this change. That'll change the way I play this IRL too! 

Could we please get some clarification on the Impaler of Thorns? Not that I mind it losing the proficiency requirement, but merely saying "the original printed version was wrong" is eliding quite a lot. As recently as October of last year (2015), Mike Selinker was on record as saying, in response to the direct complaint that the Impaler is the only spear that requires weapon proficiency, "I have no problem with some Spears requiring proficiency and others not requiring it. This one has thorns!"

The change to impaler was mentioned on the tech support forum, one of the devs stated that it was changed per paizo during their implementation cycle. It sounds like maybe paizo told obsidian directly.

One of the regulars actually asked about this ruling on the Paizo forum.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

The change to impaler was mentioned on the tech support forum, one of the devs stated that it was changed per paizo during their implementation cycle. It sounds like maybe paizo told obsidian directly.

One of the regulars actually asked about this ruling on the Paizo forum.

Actually nor the regulary updated RotR FAQ nor the official Errata Cards pdf has anything about the Impaler. Normally it would mean it works as printed.

1. Obsidian had permission to change cards. Just because it's not in an errata document didn't mean it can't be changed. See the candle.

2. There is no roadmap. The devs have said they want to do all the stuff. Next up is Deck 4 and phone compatibility.

• Like 2