Hey there, everyone!

Early next week we'll be releasing the next update for Pathfinder Adventures! Not only will this update include Adventure Deck 3, The Hook Mountain Massacre, but we'll also be addressing issues you have all found as well as issues we've come across while testing. Now without further ado, let's get this party started!

NEW

Looking for what will be new come patch 1.0.3? You can check it out here!

- Adventure Deck 3, The Hook Mountain Massacre!

• Character Roles! When you complete the final scenario of the adventure, you'll unlock role specializations for your characters. Will Merisiel become a Thief or an Acrobat? Will Kyra go down the path of an Exorcist or a Healer? The choice is yours!
  • 5 new scenarios, including the game-changing "Here Comes the Flood!"
  • 4 new locations!
  • 4 new maps!
  • Over 40 new monsters, henchmen, and villains!
  • More weapons, spells, items, loot and more!

- Tier 3 Quest mode now available! A different take on the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game formula, take a group and level them up in adventures that are apart from story mode! Now with more ogres.

- Cloud saves: Characters and parties in story mode are now uploaded to the cloud for easy access across devices.

- UI Improvement: Summoned monsters are now marked as summons!

- UI Improvement: When opening treasure chests in the store, the decks that cards come from is more apparent.

- UI Improvement: A "Back" button is now present on the adventure screen when you first start a party.

TOP COMMUNITY ISSUES

These are issues you have all helped to bring to our attention. We can't thank you enough for your feedback on the game! These five issues have been the most discussed here on the forum and these, along with many more, will be fixed when 1.0.3 goes live!

- Progression Break when unable to acquire Rewards:
  • Fixed in Quest Mode and Story mode.  This includes issues where a rewarded card would fly off the screen and issues where a selected character simply wouldn't receive a reward.
- Characters who die in a scenario can now properly gain their rewards upon successfully replaying the scenario.
  • This fix is unfortunately not retroactive
- Salvaging Gold:
  • Now correctly grants the gold it says it is
  • Salvage Values now correct
- Daily Gold Timer
  • Issues with the timer resetting or being inaccurate should be resolved.
- Difficulty selecting characters on Character Selection
  • The game should better detect when characters are being dragged to the party slots

Other Fixes

Here's the list of other fixes we've addressed in this patch, broken down by type!

Progression Breaks

- Party Loading: Fixed an issue where you could sometimes load into a scenario without any blessings and the game would be unresponsive
- Party Loading: Fixed an issue where quitting the game during combat could sometimes render you unable to load the party
- Party Loading: Fixed an issue where force closing the app when prompted to bury a card could cause UI issues upon load

Cards

- Impaler of Thorns: Functionality now matches text.  No more penalty for being non-proficient!
- Impaler of Thorns: No longer decreases difficulty of all monsters in a horde
- Ring of Protection: No longer locks out other items
- Aldern Foxglove: Now properly only reduces damage for characters at the same location
- Merchant: Now allows off turn characters to share their hand!
- Merchant: Fixed an issue where she wouldn't leave your hand when used at the farmhouse
- Booster: Ally: Fox now properly adds die to all intelligence checks
- Booster: Spell: Heat Metal now properly adds 2 die instead of +2
- Goblin Warchanter: Reworked.  Wisdom rolls are now only forced if you attempt to play a restricted card, instead of forcing everyone to make the roll regardless.
- Goblin Warchanter: Now should allow rolls when a collapsed ceiling is on an offturn character's location
- Scarecrow Golem: Poison immunity now properly respected

Character

- Kyra: No longer able to exploit her Enemy Lore: Undead power to add unlimited dice
- Seelah: Illosari Gandethus and Inspired Grace now play together nicely; strange UI behavior no longer occurs
- Seelah: No longer able to incorrectly use Inspired Grace to give the die to other character's checks
- Seoni: You can no longer change your strength die to a d12 by using Arcane Blast & Sage's Journal
- Seoni: Arcane Blast now properly adds the Magic Trait.

General

- Rewards: Fixed some issues where you couldn't acquire a card reward when there was an ineligible character in the party
- Rewards: Characters who died during a scenario can now correctly gain rewards on replaying it successfully
- Rewards: Legendary completion reward now correctly unlocked when the account has completed all Legendary difficulty scenarios for an adventure (previous was bugged to require the same party defeat them all)
- Card Selection: Non basic cards dropped into the box when switching characters/filters no longer makes the card disappear
- Card Selection: Boosters now respect the filters when managing your deck
- Card Selection: An exploit to get basics has been found and fixed

Locations

- Desecrated Vault: At Location power now properly fires when Undead are auto-defeated with items such as Holy Water
- Mountain Peak: No longer forces the start of turn wisdom roll when closed.

Quest Mode

- Locked Characters: An issue where you could get locked characters in quest mode should be resolved
- UI: Characters should no longer sometimes overlap each other when deleting them

Salvage

- An issue where there was a discrepancy between the gold value displayed and the gold acquired is resolved
- Gold now correctly awarded when salvaging cards
- Salvage option no longer appears when you're offline

Store

- Daily Gold: Timer has been reworked, should now always update properly
- Daily Gold: Exploit for collecting multiple instances of gold fixed
- Treasure Chests: An issue where interrupting the animation early would make revealed cards appear invisible has been resolved

UI

- Tutorial: Tooltip for Lem's favored card no longer hangs around past its usefulness
- Story Mode: New parties will no longer have unlocked difficulties appear locked out
- Helper Text: Text at the bottom of the screen meant to help inform as to the action the game is awaiting no longer runs off the edge of the screen on some resolutions for longer strings
- Typos Fixed: Fortified Leather Armor, Toughness

Vault/Gallery

- Gallery: Fixed an issue where you could incorrectly see some of the cards from unreleased decks
- Gallery: Fixed an issue where total card count was incorrect
- Vault: Players were short a Lamashtu and a few Ogrekin; they have been updated to the correct values

As always we'll be checking the technical support forums on release of the patch for any and all feedback you all provide. Thank you all for making the launch of Pathfinder Adventures be an awesome one and we look forward to bringing you more content as soon as we can!
  • Like 10

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Wow! Welp, me and my predictions that we wouldn't see this till second half of June are sure looking pretty stupid right about now. :p You guys never cease to amaze. I don't know how you managed to do all the stuff in AD3 AND keep up with new features and bug fixes all in under a month.

Could the whole game be out by the end of the summer? Could we be seeing Skull and Shackles in 2017? I didn't think it was possible, but now maybe I do!

>>This includes issues where a rewarded card would fly off the screen and issues where a selected character simply wouldn't receive a reward.

So I have this problem in Quest mode and there are no workarounds which have fixed this issue. I can't even quit the game, have to shut off the ipad all together

Will the patch fix the issue if we are currently stuck with it or will I have to re-install the app and if so, won't I lose all my characters?

Thanks

Ok, this is WAY faster than I expected! :D

Some questions on Cloud saves:

Is there a limited to how many parties you can have in story mode? I have like 6 or 7 across 3 devices. Will they all fit into the Cloud saves?

And how does the cloud save work with offline play? I assume it will sync the newest version of each group once the device I last played on goes online again?

I'm really happy about the new scenario being added, but I do not see any response to the issues with Lini and Seelah on IOS. Lini's dice pool seems to act funny as you go deeper into her discards to use her various powers. For Seelah, when you use her power that lets you discard a card from the top of her deck, the check often changes to combat when facing a monster, even if combat isn't an available option. For instance, fighting a Harpy or any of the beginning/end of turn checks after facing a bane. Also, the banes that have the difficulty increased by the adventure deck number do not actually have this applied to them.

Also, the banes that have the difficulty increased by the adventure deck number do not actually have this applied to them.

This one is known. They ARE applied, the problem is that it's added silently (since the app can do that), and you have to notice that they're getting a bump by knowing what the base was.  Some indication that the number printed isn't the base would absolutely help, but so far I haven't seen a reported case where there was an SS that showed it was incorrect after this was accounted for.

• Like 1

- Seoni: Arcane Blast now properly adds the Arcane Trait.

This is actually wrong.  Arcane blast wasn't properly adding the Magic trait, and is not supposed to add the Arcane Trait.

This was an error in our notes. It has been corrected! Good catch!

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Great news, great fixes, pleased to hear it's coming already!

It's going to be kind of odd having role cards and no AD4 to use them on, but I'd rather get AD3 now than wait longer for 3+4, so that's fine :)

• Like 1

- Seoni: Arcane Blast now properly adds the Arcane Trait.

This is actually wrong.  Arcane blast wasn't properly adding the Magic trait, and is not supposed to add the Arcane Trait.

This was an error in our notes. It has been corrected! Good catch!

It's not entirely wrong. It should have BOTH the Magic AND the Arcane trait. It's a power that replaces your Combat check with an Arcane skill roll (the power currently says die, but that is incorrectly worded, it should say skill instead), and all powers/cards that replace your combat check with a different skill add that skill as a trait to the check.

Good to read that the Magic trait is being applied though, that is by far the more important of the two. ;)

Edited by Namyra

and all powers/cards that replace your combat check with a different skill add that skill as a trait to the check.

You have a source for that one?  I know all cards that replace a check add their traits, but I don't know of a case where I've seen it say that they add their skills.  Most weapons for example have Melee as a trait, so that would be redundant, same with spells (they have arcane or divine as a trait on the spell).  I haven't seen anything that ever keys off of having Diplomacy as a trait, for instance (although lots of things key off diplomacy checks).

In fact, I can't think of anywhere other than Seoni at the Thassilonian dungeon where such a rule would ever really apply, so it seems oddly specific.

It's not entirely wrong. It should have BOTH the Magic AND the Arcane trait. It's a power that replaces your Combat check with an Arcane skill roll (the power currently says die, but that is incorrectly worded, it should say skill instead), and all powers/cards that replace your combat check with a different skill add that skill as a trait to the check.

Good to read that the Magic trait is being applied though, that is by far the more important of the two. ;)

I don't believe that's quite right.  If a card defines a check, the CARD'S traits are added to the check.  The skill itself is an entirely separate entity.  (Hence, the confusion with Ranged and Melee being both Skills and commonly used Traits.)

• Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."