Veteran Ability Not Calculated

Joshua.North

Question

During playthrough, I'm noticing that the monsters do not have the veteran ability added into their difficulty at all. The specific wording on cards are "The difficulty to defeat is increased by the scenario's adventure deck number."

Cards that have this condition:

Henchmen: Bandit (B), Zombie Minion (2)

Monster: Enchanter (B), Mercenary (B), Scout (B), Sneak (B), Warlord (B)

Barriers: Ambush (B), Collapsed Ceiling (B), Explosive Runes (B), Large Chest (B), Locked Stone Door (2).

If need be, I can include some screen shots, but it'll be later on once I get home.

4 answers to this question

The cool thing about an app is, you can re-print cards on the fly.  So when a Veteran bane's difficulty is raised by the Adventure Deck number (if any), they can actually change the difficulty in the "To Defeat" area of the card itself to reflect the new difficulty, rather than just showing the original difficulty and then having the updated difficulty up in the check choice area.

Several people have found this counter-intuitive.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I see both sides of this. 

Like y'all, I would expect the difficulty to be higher than what's on the card if the text on the card that the difficulty is going to be higher.  (....yes, that almost makes sense.)

On the other hand, if you encounter Explosive Runes, and the FIRST time you faced one in the B adventure, it was 8 or 10, but NOW it's 9 or 11, it helps to have some text that explains this.

• Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."