Questions about Questing

Ok, so good news, question works for me now (it seems like everything reset, all my settings such as effects off and tips off were reset...). So I am questing and I have some questions, it would be great if some of the devs could give some definitive answers:

1) How do I delete experienced characters?

2) How does XP work? Does it scale when playing Heroic or Legendary? Is there a bonus for each blessing left in the deck? I ask because I have become a bit stagnant at level 11.

3) How and when are cards mixed in from greater adventure decks? I am at level 11, and wanting newer better cards, but all I see are B and C.

The reason for the latter two is I have been running normal (with Lini and Sajan) and it is pretty easy, I rarely fail, but in heroic I rarely win. I'm wondering if I have to grind levels and farm XP in Normal, or if I am close to getting better cards (healing rods  :) )

Edited by Kgk4569

For your first question, click on them, and then on the portrait you should see a red button with "..." in it.  Click it, and you'll find the option to delete.

Awesome, that is working, but I can only delete one at a time. I then need to exit to the main menu.

Ok, so good news, question works for me now (it seems like everything reset, all my settings such as effects off and tips off were reset...). So I am questing and I have some questions, it would be great if some of the devs could give some definitive answers:

1) How do I delete experienced characters?

2) How does XP work? Does it scale when playing Heroic or Legendary? Is there a bonus for each blessing left in the deck? I ask because I have become a bit stagnant at level 11.

3) How and when are cards mixed in from greater adventure decks? I am at level 11, and wanting newer better cards, but all I see are B and C.

The reason for the latter two is I have been running normal (with Lini and Sajan) and it is pretty easy, I rarely fail, but in heroic I rarely win. I'm wondering if I have to grind levels and farm XP in Normal, or if I am close to getting better cards (healing rods  :) )

2 - As far as I can tell, there's no XP scaling between difficulties. In fact I don't really see any bonus from playing on a higher difficulty other than more gold. I'm not sure about getting XP based on remaining blessings but I don't think so, I haven't noticed this. What I have mostly noticed is that you get XP for defeating monsters, and I think for closing locations. This XP is not currently being awarded if you fail a mission but it sounds like this is a bug they intend to fix. The main thing I can tell you is that with a couple different groups on different difficulties, the XP slowed down for me as well at about that point. From there on, it was taking 2-3 missions to level up instead of 1. The exception to that we're missions when I started getting the "when a henchman is encountered all characters must summon and encounter an ancient skeleton". At first this scenario ability was really annoying, but then I realized that because of all the extra fighting (each kill of each ancient skeleton was giving me an XP hit) that I was getting at least double the normal XP from those missions.

3 - The way card distribution seems to work is : 1-9 lower end B/C cards, 10-19 better B/C cards, 20+? Deck 1 cards. This isn't strict though, for example you'll start running into Yap the Pixie very early as I guess he's considered a weak card compared to its normal deck number. In other words they reassigned some cards to different deck levels based on perceived quality of card. But I think I only saw maybe 2 Deck 1+ cards before hitting 20. My highest group is 24 so I can't say at this point whether Deck 2 cards are included but I'm going to guess not. Not sure why they didn't just make each grouping of 10 levels a deck and include all 3 current decks which would also make the 10-19 range less tedious because at least for me that whole range of levels was pretty much one Augury card upgrade. Supposedly treasure chest cards add more cards to those lower distributions but I don't own any so can't really say.

• Like 1

2- Yeah, that seems to be what I am running into the plateau. it is taking me about 4 missions to level at 11. I farm the crap out of Barracks (at the start of your turn summon and encounter a bandit. I'm hoping that they institute some scaling, and maybe some bonus for finishing early.

3 - Ugh. My "Big" acquisitions so far since the cards "improved": Augery, Spygalss, Saber-Toothed Tiger, Aid. I have seen some Deck 1 cards but they aren't worth acquiring (esp with these characters), like Dogslicer.

Hopefully one of the Devs can give a good in depth explanation of how it all works.

• Like 1

Yeah I've gotta say overall I'm not super motivated to do it again with another group. Perhaps if they adjust some stuff or if I get a bunch of useful sounding treasure chest cards unlocked, I might try it again. But otherwise that range of missions (which as you said is probably at least 3 per level, maybe sometimes taking 4) so at least 30 missions to get through that stretch, with not much in the way of upgrades, is pretty bad. Compare it to the normal game where you're adding new boons every 5 missions, and each mission is unique so more interesting in the first place, it's just not even close.

The problem with story mode is that you can play whole game From level 1 to level 6 in one day. So the quest mode try to make the game longer. It has some merits because you can open more powers and skill upgrades than you can in the story mode, but yep it requires a lot more playing. But deck upgrades Are not the Main course of quest mode. The beef is that you will get spesial hand made scenarios that Are not anywhere else in the pathfinder adventure card game universe. So the quest mode will be completely new beast!

At this moment there Are only those random scenarios, but we will get something new in the future.

What would be awesome if Questing had CHALLENGES!

In addition to whatever wildcards are pulled for the scenario you had a set of challenges that were pulled such as:

Win X Combats

Deal X Damage

Acquire X boons

Close X locations in <X turns

Succeed at X checks

Beat X checks by >X

Use no weapons/items/allies/spells/armors/blessings/boons

Heal party members for X

Assist party members X times

Do not heal

Defeat only henchmen and villians

And each one would have a bounty in either gold, XP, or a higher level card. These would be set randomly and based on what level you were playing at. Legendary would pay out more, and Normal would pay out the least.

This would ass much more fun to the game.

In addition to whatever wildcards are pulled for the scenario you had a set of challenges that were pulled such as:

Win X Combats

Deal X Damage

Acquire X boons

Succeed at X checks

Beat X checks by >X

Heal party members for X

Do not heal

And each one would have a bounty in either gold, XP, or a higher level card. These would be set randomly and based on what level you were playing at. Legendary would pay out more, and Normal would pay out the least.

This would ass much more fun to the game

Great feedback guys, keep it coming!

Also I disagree Kgk4569 our game does not need to "ass much more" than it currently does. :p

Win X Combats

Deal X Damage

Acquire X boons

Succeed at X checks

Beat X checks by >X

Heal party members for X

Do not heal

This would ass much more fun to the game

Great feedback guys, keep it coming!

Also I disagree Kgk4569 our game does not need to "ass much more" than it currently does. :p

1262163.jpg