Having completed the currently released Adventures with several parties, I came to a point where I was a bit out of content. (Quest mode is still somewhat bugged for me).

So what I spend time with at the moment, is farming up some gold, and trying to find some upgrades, be it in power or flavour, for my characters.

After spending some time in the app I found no easy way to find out what scenarios to play for a higher chance to find a particular card. So I brought out my physical copy of the game, and started to make a list.

I love lists. It's fun making them.

So I figured I might as well make a complete overview for all scenarios, for all possible party sizes.

This is based on the information on the cards out of the physical game. I assume that the digital version utilize the same locations, in the same order, as the physical game. I havn't gone through and checked.

So for those of you who are as "powergamer'y" as myself, here you go.

The document shows only maximum possible of each boon, in each scenario, for each party size. It does not take into account possible location abilities, what characters are better to use and so on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-0vn48FPZvEig3eKnCiJBVJgUF2LvI3bArohMMYaV_0/pubhtml

Edited by Rayex
  • Like 7

so, if I'm reading this right:

best scenario for weapons is Thistetop Delve (1-5)

best scenario for spells is Black Fang's Dungeon (0-3) or Foul Misgivings (2-3)

best scenario for armor is Approach to Thistletop (1-4), Crow Bait (2-2) or Angel in the Tower (2-5)

best scenario for items is Crow Bait (2-2)

best scenario for allies is The Poison Pill (0-2) or Attack on Sandpoint (1-1) 

best scenario for blessings is Black Fang's Dungeon (0-3), The Cult Exposed (2-4) or Angel in the Tower (2-5)

That's based on my 4 character party, but I think the trend is the same across party size.  Based on those specific grinding matches, then, the best scenarios for grinding would be Black Fang's Dungeon (0-3) or Angel in the Tower (2-5) since both give high probability of two card types (spells/blessings and armor/blessings respectively).  Armor isn't a huge draw for me, but spells are. 

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

best scenario for armor is Approach to Thistletop (1-4), Crow Bait (2-2) or Angel in the Tower (2-5)

best scenario for items is Crow Bait (2-2)

best scenario for blessings is Black Fang's Dungeon (0-3), The Cult Exposed (2-4) or Angel in the Tower (2-5)

That's based on my 4 character party, but I think the trend is the same across party size.  Based on those specific grinding matches, then, the best scenarios for grinding would be Black Fang's Dungeon (0-3) or Angel in the Tower (2-5) since both give high probability of two card types (spells/blessings and armor/blessings respectively).  Armor isn't a huge draw for me, but spells are. 

Yup.

@Rayex: May I make a suggestion to your sheet? Add the deck #s available in the scenarios, because that weighs HEAVILY in to farming. I'd rather grind Crow Bait for higher weapons rather than Approach to Thistletop

Edited by Kgk4569

Nice work on this guide -- thank you for putting it together! If I may offer a constructive suggestion:

You highlight the Goblin Fortress as the premier weapon-grinding location, but if I were grinding weapons, I'd prefer to use the Garrison. The nice thing about the Garrison is that when you defeat the henchman, you can close the location without losing the weapons still left inside, and you get to see what those weapons are (so you know whether it's worth going through them). There are also (I believe) Garrisons in AD2, whereas Goblin Fortress only gives you weapons up to AD1.

Also, if you're going to make any changes to this, I'd recommend adding the Academy as a highlight. If were grinding spells, that's the only location i'd care about.

But again, thank you so much for putting this together!

Thanks for the suggestions and input.
I've updated the link to a updated version. As you can see, I've added separate tabs for each Boon type.

Nice work on this guide -- thank you for putting it together! If I may offer a constructive suggestion:

You highlight the Goblin Fortress as the premier weapon-grinding location, but if I were grinding weapons, I'd prefer to use the Garrison. The nice thing about the Garrison is that when you defeat the henchman, you can close the location without losing the weapons still left inside, and you get to see what those weapons are (so you know whether it's worth going through them). There are also (I believe) Garrisons in AD2, whereas Goblin Fortress only gives you weapons up to AD1.

Also, if you're going to make any changes to this, I'd recommend adding the Academy as a highlight. If were grinding spells, that's the only location i'd care about.

But again, thank you so much for putting this together!

Good points, will add that to notes in my next update.

• Like 2

Updated the spreadsheet.

I included the adventure/boon level.

Added notification on scnarios with less than max yield, but have the Academy Location. Same for Temple location.

Also added the same kind of notifications on the Scenarios that include the Garrison.

Debating wether to indicate where scenarios that already give the max yield, also includes the Garrison/Temple/Academy location.

Added information for the upcoming Adventure 3.

One more suggestion, not a biggie. Too many numbers in my face they all blend together, what about bolding the cell that has the most opportunity for farming in each Adventure level per player?

Done. There's also the separate tabs for each boons, giving a bit more info, with regards to special locations, sub-obtimal scenarios with good locations etc.

Now, to try to figure out why alot of the cell borders seems to disapear when you click on the link, but show up in the spreadhseet itself.

best scenario for items is Crow Bait (2-2)

best scenario for blessings is Black Fang's Dungeon (0-3), The Cult Exposed (2-4) or Angel in the Tower (2-5)

That's based on my 4 character party, but I think the trend is the same across party size. Based on those specific grinding matches, then, the best scenarios for grinding would be Black Fang's Dungeon (0-3) or Angel in the Tower (2-5) since both give high probability of two card types (spells/blessings and armor/blessings respectively). Armor isn't a huge draw for me, but spells are.

Yup.

@Rayex: May I make a suggestion to your sheet? Add the deck #s available in the scenarios, because that weighs HEAVILY in to farming. I'd rather grind Crow Bait for higher weapons rather than Approach to Thistletop

X2 on farming Crows Bait. Seems like the fastest way to pick up items and weapons. In my case, Meri and Kyra duo the general store (2 weapons, 3 items) while Valeros and Ezren take out the guard tower (2 weapons, 2 items). If I've had bad luck, I forfeit and repeat. If things go well, I finish the level for the 200 gold.

So, question for the room: I've been trying to determine how to find certain cards. I see that some of them are flagged as "elite," like the divine spell Holy Light. Is there anything special about getting these cards to drop? Or do they show up at the same rate as other cards?

So, question for the room: I've been trying to determine how to find certain cards. I see that some of them are flagged as "elite," like the divine spell Holy Light. Is there anything special about getting these cards to drop? Or do they show up at the same rate as other cards?

The "Elite" trait just means "slightly less lame than Basic".  In the physical game, when you begin Adventure 3 of any path, you start removing cards Basic cards from the game as you encounter them and would banish them (Mandatory for banes, optional for boons).  When you begin Adventure 5 of any path, you do the same with Elites.  So, they're the cullables that wait a little longer.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The last scenario on AD4 has a Henchmen that drops armor whenever you beat him, the Headless one or something. Then if you fail to close the area, or chose not to, he reshuffles into thr location deck. This give a near infinite supply of armor drops so long as you battle and defeat him.