Intel HD 530

ArnoldRimmer

Question

12 answers to this question

Doubt it will run well at all.  It runs well on my desk top which has a mid tier GTX 770 card.  On my laptop which has a GTX 950 M(its worse than the 770) it runs OK if you drop the resolution a little bit.  Funny thing is games that demand more like Skyrim and Rome Total War 2 run GREAT on that crappy lap top with the 950M at Ultra Settings.  I know they are technically older games but they still graphically demand more.  I don't think the Unity Engine does well with low specs.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

How does its power relate to the HD 4000?

That's what I have in this laptop (the 4000). The game is playable, but just barely.

20 ish FPS when things are going ok, occational dips when a lot of effects are on screen (causing some actual slowdown).

But so far I haven't found anything that stops my playthrough (at the end of act 2 in the main quest, and just finished white march expansion).

The computer I'm buying will have 16GB ram, SSD, intel 520 hd graphics card and an Intel Core i7-6500U (2x 2.5-3.1GHz Dual-Core, 4 Threads, 4MB Cache, 7,5-15W TDP)

http://www.tuxedocomputers.com/Linux-Hardware/Linux-Notebooks/10-14-Zoll/TUXEDO-InfinityBook-13-3-matt-Full-HD-IPS-Aluminiumgehaeuse-Intel-Core-i7-Energiespar-CPU-zwei-HDD/SSD-bis-16GB-RAM-bis-15h-Akku-Slim-Book.geek

Or I will get a slightly larger 15" with the same specs but an intel hd 530 and a Intel Core i7-6700HQ (4x 2.6-3.5GHz Quad-Core, 8 Threads, 6MB Cache, 35-45W TDP)

http://www.tuxedocomputers.com/Linux-Hardware/Linux-Notebooks/15-6-Zoll/TUXEDO-Book-BC1505-15-6-matt-Full-HD-IPS-Intel-HD-Grafik-bis-drei-HDD-o.-SSD-bis-Intel-Core-i7-Quad-Core-bis-32GB-RAM-DVD-o.-Blu-Ray-Brenner.geek

My current 17" laptop has a nvidia card that I barely use for anything - I don't edit 4K video, create 3D graphics or edit tonnes of RAW images. I want something now that is portable, smaller and with great battery life. Most of the time I'm not gaming, just developing or using the web. I just would like occassionaly to be able to play PoE still if possible or BG2 (EE) on steam.

So I really want to know if it will be totaly unplayable, or just unplayable for a hardcore gamer who is used to using a self-built tower full of the best components.

I have seen quite a few youtube videos of gaming with a 530 and they look fine to me - even 3d games - although some comentators say it looks terrible, but these seem to be the hard core gamers.

I don't expect the highest graphics setting or anything and don't mind reducing in game resolution - although I would prefer to keep full hd.

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

Is an integrated graphics card (Intel HD 530) enough to play PoE?

Doubt that you will be able to get a pleasant experience.

Here are some stats for comparison:

HD 520 - Mafia II (fullHD) - 16 fps average

HD 530 - Mafia II (fullHD) - 20.5 fps average

ATI Radeon HD 4850 - Mafia II (fullHD) - 29.5 fps average - and this card is listed in PoE minimum requirements.

Tbh, aside from weight and battery life, those tuxedo options are quite pricey, provided that they come with integrated graphics...

You might want to check:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0146DD02G/ref=psdc_565108_t1_B015PYYDMQ (the one with win 8.1 as it's upgrade is free anyway)

http://www.gaminglaptopsjunky.com/gaming-laptops-under-1000/#ultraportablegaminglaptops

Edited by MaxQuest

So I really want to know if it will be totaly unplayable, or just unplayable for a hardcore gamer who is used to using a self-built tower full of the best components.

With a HD4600 it's playable, with some hiccup in scenes with many lights, or when many NPC stand around a source of light, like in the first area. Low details are recommended.

However I think the low frames rate makes - the rare and optional - dragons fights to glitch. The dragons can turn really fast, and if the game skips frames you cannot see where they are really aiming. I posted a video for a bug report in this thread (spoiler).

Edited by Suen

I've come to burn your kingdom down

Is an integrated graphics card (Intel HD 530) enough to play PoE?

Doubt that you will be able to get a pleasant experience.

Here are some stats for comparison:

HD 520 - Mafia II (fullHD) - 16 fps average

HD 530 - Mafia II (fullHD) - 20.5 fps average

ATI Radeon HD 4850 - Mafia II (fullHD) - 29.5 fps average - and this card is listed in PoE minimum requirements.

Tbh, aside from weight and battery life, those tuxedo options are quite pricey, provided that they come with integrated graphics...

You might want to check:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0146DD02G/ref=psdc_565108_t1_B015PYYDMQ (the one with win 8.1 as it's upgrade is free anyway)

http://www.gaminglaptopsjunky.com/gaming-laptops-under-1000/#ultraportablegaminglaptops

Yeah but I'm not just going by price. They are made in germany first so by buying them I'm helping the german economy, second they are made for linux. Everything will work, they set up trim on ssds - I don't have to worry about anything. I'm also supporting the production of linux hardware and I currently have a laptop from amazon. It's fine if you want windows or don't mind the hardware breaking a week after the warrenty runs out.

Tuxedo build the laptops with everything accessible, just remove the back plate and you have access to everything - memory, drives, fans (to clean them when they are blocked with dust), with my current acer I had to completely disassemble it to clean the fans - this is by design so you just buy a new one because "it's become hot and slow".

Also at tuxedo I can customise the build which I can't do at amazon. I know I could probably get something similar for less money at amazon but I don't like supporting amazon much and have been burned before with a laptop from the big names.

I thiink maybe I'll go for the bigger laptop with hd 530 and try my luck. I can always use my current one, if it is really bad to play games on, and even put windows back on it.

Still it would be nice to see if anyone has any experience.

I mean look at this:

Youtube video of some one playing a 3D shooter on a HD 520

I would be happy with that kind of game play. It seems fine to me and there seems to be more 3d there than in PoE. Also if I went for the laptop with 530 it would probably be even better.

So if any of you watch that video, is that what you would call bad? If so why? It seems pretty good to me.

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

They are made in germany first so by buying them I'm helping the german economy

That's... an unexpected argument. Personally for me all options are only from foreign countries, as none are made here.

It's fine if you want windows or don't mind the hardware breaking a week after the warrenty runs out.

Never was interested much in warranty from the seller (as it would be a pain to get it anyway),... but it was important for me to have the manufacturer's service center in my city. Asus, Acer, Lenovo have it. Tuxedo.. well I hear first time of them :)

Tuxedo build the laptops with everything accessible, just remove the back plate and you have access to everything - memory, drives, fans (to clean them when they are blocked with dust), with my current acer I had to completely disassemble it to clean the fans - this is by design so you just buy a new one because "it's become hot and slow".

Sounds like the same stuff like Xotic's Clevos and Sagers. They are also custom build and easy to disassemble.

I mean look at this:

Youtube video of some one playing a 3D shooter on a HD 520

I would be happy with that kind of game play. It seems fine to me and there seems to be more 3d there than in PoE. Also if I went for the laptop with 530 it would probably be even better.

Well, you asked for fullHD. But that video used 1280x720. And on medium settings.

Tbh just check the fps values here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-520.149940.0.html (you can scroll down to BF4)

And see if that fits you.

Edited by MaxQuest

I want something now that is portable

Oh therefore 13,3" is the best size. And with full HD its perfect.

Sadly Sony has stopped producing new highend Notebooks in this size (z-Series), and i am not aware of current dual grafic laptops in this size.

Do you have experience using a laptop that size at full hd? Is it usable or do you have to lower the resolution? That is the only thing I'm worried about

This very laptop here is a Sony z-Series with this resolution and size. And its totally useable, i can read all stuff. My parents have said its to small, but that doesn't count ^^. And its just brilliant to watch HD Videos in native resolution.

I do not use any screen or font scaling, after all i have chosen the resolution for a reason,

I have the infinitybook now and can play PoE in full HD without the fan even coming on, this only happens when leveling up... and even then I can barely hear it.

Once I get to some larger battles with more on screen I shall update this post, or even make a youtube film demonstraing what it looks like, but as someone who isn't a gamer, the game runs fine on it!

• Like 1