Should the UK leave the EU?

BruceVC

Hahaha. Classic.

He's for free circulation of goods, but obviously not for free circulation of labor. That's not how free trade works, per Adam Smith. And there you have it, the plutocracy scored another one, and the workers will pay the price no matter what happens.

"To decide once every few years which members of the ruling class is to repress and crush the people through parliament — this is the real essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in parliamentary- constitutional monarchies, but also in the most democratic republics."

Lol, clever politician? In the EU? Yeah, that ain't gonna happen. Especially since we still, for unknown reason, put so much effort in our Ukranian coup-de-tat for that oh so critical trading agreement. Also, for some reason I don't get.

The "trade deal" was a red herring. The strategic objective has always been the same: the encirclement of Russia, as evidenced by the expansion of NATO, the missile shield, etc. Ukraine has historically been a buffer zone between Europe and western Russia. Literally, it's where offensives go to die. Tearing that huge chunk of land off the Russian sphere of influence is a huge blow because in one fell swoop you do away with a large part of the problem that traditionally caused European land wars against Russia to fail. On top of that, you take away Russia's ability to operate in the Black Sea.

Next to that, any trade deals are a mere footnote.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"So no formal deal negotiations have even started and Farage is already openly insulting MEPs and making threats"

How conviennt you ignore the evil   Nazis acting like scumbags before he even speaks. Of course he is gonna be 'rude' when they are being rude to them. btw, You talk about threats, pro EU punks wer emaking threats way before this including wiping Britiain right off the map , crippling them as much as people, and committing mass murder. That is the EU for you. Evil Nazis will evil Nazi.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I may not always agree with Taibbi, but boy is it fun to read his articles. Full of fire all the time.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"So no formal deal negotiations have even started and Farage is already openly insulting MEPs and making threats"

How conviennt you ignore the evil   Nazis acting like scumbags before he even speaks. Of course he is gonna be 'rude' when they are being rude to them. btw, You talk about threats, pro EU punks wer emaking threats way before this including wiping Britiain right off the map , crippling them as much as people, and committing mass murder. That is the EU for you. Evil Nazis will evil Nazi.

Oh, since you brought up nazis, have this. A Pro-Leave poster and a Nazi propaganda film

10727-1a0i9s8.jpg

There are grim scenes in the City of London tonight as the English rise up against their European overlords:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_xnfQMSzXQ

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Make naval navigation through the channel and North Sea a touch tricky I imagine.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Lol, clever politician? In the EU? Yeah, that ain't gonna happen. Especially since we still, for unknown reason, put so much effort in our Ukranian coup-de-tat for that oh so critical trading agreement. Also, for some reason I don't get.

My personal crackpot theory would be that it was a land grab. No, really,  the Ukraine has a lot of really good farm land (Chernozem) that can - and is - now gobbled up by foreign investors. The food market seems like a really good investment. There are more and more people who need to be fed. *shrug*

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Brittain getting wiped off the map has been long overdue.

Scots and Welsh are ok.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'd have voted leave, but it would be very much in spite of Farage that I'd have done so, not because of. Indeed, it would have been very much in spite of pretty much every politician in support of leave and the only one it might not have been was Corbyn of all people, had he been 'leave'.

My personal crackpot theory would be that it was a land grab. No, really,  the Ukraine has a lot of really good farm land (Chernozem) that can - and is - now gobbled up by foreign investors. The food market seems like a really good investment. There are more and more people who need to be fed. *shrug*

Big natural gas deposits. Under, er, Donetsk/ Lugansk and Crimea, coincidentally. It's probably not really that or agriculture though- the way to make most money there is to be a member of the EU for the CAP subsidies or in the US for its corporate welfare/ pork barelling subsidies- and just that they thought, much like Libya, they could do it and hurt Russia doing so with very little consideration of whether they should do it.

“Assyria soon discovered a painful truth: empires are like Ponzi schemes: financial frauds in which previous investors are paid returns out of new investors' deposits. The costs of holding imperial territory can only be underwritten by loot and tribute extracted by constant new conquests; empires must continue to expand if they are not to collapse.” 

― Paul Kriwaczek, Babylon: Mesopotamia And The Birth Of Civilization

alternate_future_eu_map_by_muzik_maniac-

• Like 1

You should send this to our PM, he's convinced we're getting into the EU soon.

One thing I'll never understand is Turkey's application for joining the EU. Who is this bright mind of the European project that thinks Turkey is in any shape or form, European.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

To throw in the soccer jokes of the day:

"England, out of Europe twice in four days."

"Why is the difference between a teabag and England? A teabag stays in the cup longer."

Edit:

Also:

"300,000 Icelanders voted for #Brexit"

"The England players obviously voted for Leave..."

"English players googling 'What is football?' right now"

"At least this wasn't our worst Brexit this week..."

"My advice to @BorisJohnson. Have a chat with Roy Hodgson, as he is the only man in England with a coherent plan for leaving Europe. #brexit"

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 6

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

r2VqHHu.jpg

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So wonder if all this racial abuse is the same as always or is there an actual spike as meshbacks feel emboldened now?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/684549/EU-cannot-rely-NATO-needs-new-defence-policy-chief

Interesting development. An EU military under the command of a EU government. Amazing, the dream of William Penn, Charles de St-Pierre, Napoleon, & Hitler coming true with hardly a shot fired. This would make me feel  better about a "leave" vote if I were British. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/684549/EU-cannot-rely-NATO-needs-new-defence-policy-chief

Interesting development. An EU military under the command of a EU government. Amazing, the dream of William Penn, Charles de St-Pierre, Napoleon, & Hitler coming true with hardly a shot fired. This would make me feel  better about a "leave" vote if I were British. 

That article is like at least 17 years late. And as fun fact it was Tony Blair (former prime minister of UK) that drive through realization of EU military forces (Common Security and Defence Policy) to ensure defense of UK.

Here nice picture of European defense organisations.

370px-European_defence_integration.svg.p

The European Air Transport Command (EATC) is the command centre that exercises the operational control of the majority of the aerial refueling capabilities and military transport fleets of a consortium of seven Western European countries.

European Air Group (EAG) is an association of the air forces of 7 member nations (Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain and United Kingdom) working together to stimulate change and collectively to enhance the tactical capabilities of the Group’s air forces through better cooperation.

The Movement Coordination Centre Europe (MCCE) is an international military movements control centre at Eindhoven Airport in the Netherlands whose members are predominantly drawn from NATO and the EU.

The Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP), formerly known as the European Security and Defence Policy (ESDP), is a major element of the Common Foreign and Security Policy of the European Union (EU) and is the domain of EU policy covering defence and military aspects, as well as civilian crisis management.

The European Gendarmerie Force (EUROGENDFOR or EGF) was launched by an agreement in 2006 between five member states of the European Union (EU): France, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, and Spain. Romania joined in 2009; Poland in 2011.

The Organisation for Joint Armament Cooperation (French: Organisation conjointe de coopération en matière d'armement;OCCAR) is a European intergovernmental organisation which facilitates and manages collaborative armament programmes through their lifecycle between the nations of Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.

Finabel is an organisation promoting cooperation and interoperability between the national armies of the member states of the European Union (EU).

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization is an intergovernmental military alliance based on the North Atlantic Treaty which was signed on 4 April 1949.

Article is about seems to speak about increasing capacities and responsibilities of EU Battlegroups (EU BG) which are military units adhering to the Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP) of the European Union (EU). Often based on contributions from a coalition of member states, each of the eighteen Battlegroups consists of a battalion-sized force (1,500 troops) reinforced with combat support elements. Battlegroups have been fully operational from 2007.

• Like 2

I dont know mate, I dont fear EU army, I fear EU politicians

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Fully realized air and ground forces and papa US still has to bankroll NATO and build a missile shield for Europe? The sooner we can get out of that deal, the better.

That would be true if you would consider defense as the only mandate of the US military. The more important aspect is serving as a thinly veiled funnel for (in)direct state subvention of the industrial-military complex. I'd say you're right insofar as reducing military spending sooner than later would really do a number for your nation's debt but uhm... Hillary is going to need her toys to blow **** up real good. :biggrin:

• Like 1

You should send this to our PM, he's convinced we're getting into the EU soon.

One thing I'll never understand is Turkey's application for joining the EU. Who is this bright mind of the European project that thinks Turkey is in any shape or form, European.

The US. Turkey joining the EU would give them much more control over them while at the same time weakening the EU more than anything else could. It's really too bad that their proxy puppet actually decided to vote for leaving. There's a reason comrade Obama was so concerned about that happening.

And yeah, I'm only semi-facetious because realistically there is no good reason for Turkey joining the EU in their current state - or the state all those years ago when the idea came up in the first place. It's not like it would be impossible to draw unskilled labour from Turkey if truly necessary, there are literally millions of them strewn around Europe as proof.

Although I guess people from the former GDR are much better. Almost as cheap thanks to ol' Schröder's reforms, much easier to integrate and they happily work all the jobs Turkish guests no longer want to do. *snort* ;)

Ikr. It costs us ~514 Billion / year to keep NATO afloat. Just imagine, we could build ~57 Large Hadron Colliders every year with that kind of spare loot lying around, or ~3 International Space Stations, or god forbid, fund our Medicare and Social Security programs. :aiee:

Alright comrade when did you turn into a pinko commie (not that I disagree with you there, at all, but that's not much of a surpise I think)? ;)