Just signed up to say after playing 200 hours I would have preferred if someone told me the game gets easier later on even on PoTD with high level scaling, especially if you are a completionist. Not to hijack this thread, but now I am wondering if solo play provides any meaningful challenge or is it about abusing some mechanics? Would using ie mod with half xp makes the game more fun than a solo run?

Hmmmm, it depends, there are ways to overpower enemies with either aoe damage and/or tankiness, making straight fights a real possibility (i prefer chanter with high damage AOE, if the talents would work for chants it would be a real possibility in almost all fights - maybe even without taking summons at all... and without kiting).

For me its nice, but i am not above abusing my summons (before playing naked chanter i tried to make do without using summons as much as possible, however now i learned that abusing my summons with different tricks can speed up the run... like needing no rests to clear some maps instead of one rest every 1-3 fights while killing every group only 5-10 secs slower (some maps i even clear groups faster with the summon abuse then in a straight fight where i use all figurines to tank) but without risks)

It can be a nice challenge (wizard) or it can be pretty abusive (if i play ranger you can be sure that no fight was fought without kiting them to hell and back - as long as the enemy has no CC and isnt faster... why would i allow them to attack even once? (ranged enemies are a different story, they get focused early)) or it can be plain boring (priest - the slowest clearspeed despite mass AOE abilities... maybe later on its fine...) - i want to play solo barb too, if my build works i can straight up fight everything but bossfights... however a character that cant kill some bosses... thats no good, but i dont know how to kill dragons etc with barbs (and i dont use scrolls... if i want to kill everything with spells i play a caster).

You have to try for yourself, solo play isnt for everyone, when i started solo runs... it was a learning experience, i died and died and died... sure, part of it was because it was the first time i played that class (and i started solo quite early), but with a group you can do quests in random order and not care about it, however in solo play... thats not the case, there are quests you can and should do instantly while some quests should wait... it can be quite punishing if you dont know which quests you can manage.

• 1 year later...

The best bow is of course the soulbound hunting bow "stormcaller". It's not really hard to get and to upgrade, only the max level, cuz you have to kill the sky dragon to do so. And only ranger, chiper and chanter can bind it.

you don't have to kill the dragon to get the max level you can camp at the entrance and unlock the crackling bolts.