I just notice Rymrgand's Mantle is random. 1st time i got it in Raedric's hold. I don't seem to get it this time. Any way to get it other than cheat?
It is one of the loot that is governed by the random loot system. But it is can be manipulated, especially early into the game.
- Progress through the prologue. You should not need rest excessively.
- Progress through Valewood. You can explore a little but try to hurry to Glided Vale if possible.
- At any point in the game, try to make a save and reload at least once. This will normalize the seeding process from what I read. I always do the save/reload in the inn.
- Always have your main character to be position one in your roster (leftmost slot). From what I read, changing position will cause the loot table to scramble.
- Note the calendar day. It needs to be at 20, hour doesn't matter. Do not mix this up with the in-game days passed. There is some rng involved with the starting day but typically you will get to the inn by day 19 or 20 of the current "month". If it is day 19, just rest at the inn. Which is required to progress the story anyways.
- At day 20, go to the 2nd floor of the inn and go the locked container in the south side of the inn map. It needs a Mechanics skill of 3 or 4 to avoid using lockpicks from what I remembered. It should always yield the Rymrgand's Mantle.
I always do this just to have the item against early game spirits. At this point, I treat it as a "guaranteed loot"
Edited by mosspit, 16 October 2017 - 08:12 PM.