In this case the pale elf was just to emphasize on the "chilly" theme.

Another intention was that this guy could stand in the front row and be hit by friendly fire ice spells like Chillfog, Shadowflame, Blast of Frost, Blizzard and such without taking too much damage. Pale Elf + exceptional plate + Rymrgand's Mantle + Secrets of Rime will give you 36 freeze DR.

A Coastal Auamaua also works of course. But chanters still chant while prone  - but not when stunned (except Withdraw from priest).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I'm toying with the idea of a max dex chanter who spams seven night fueled by 1 lvl phrases.

Apart champios brave horde alone invocation or potion of daom, what can do the chanter to reach 0 recovery with spells?

Up to now i have gauntlet of swift aim + svef, but is not enough.

Spells have the same recovery penalty as dual wielding: none. ;)

That means that with no armor penalty a potion of DAoM would be enough to reach 0 recovery.

With Outlander's Frenzy (or a Potion of Power) + Gauntlets there will be bit of recovery left (around 2 or 3 frames with high DEX I guess?). With Champion + Gauntlets you can reach 0 recovery while wearing durganized hide armor.

I think Penetrating Shot works with Seven Nights without slowing you down...?

Of course Outlander's Frenzy doesn't last forever...

And casting Seven Nights near the enemy is a bit risky without any armor. Of course you could enchant cloth or durganize a robe. And pump deflection and use a shield.

Angio's Gambeson could give you Alacrity 1/rest.

Edited by Boeroer

Without recovery you should be able to dish out Seven Nights every (10 seconds + average animation time influenced by DEX) on lvl 16.

I did the same with a chanter + Killers Froze Stiff. You can paralyze-lock whole mobs with this (casting it every 8 seconds+animation time for a duration of 8 seconds base + 4 on crit + INT bonus). 

Edited by Boeroer

Yes i'm building a "skald" chanter, inspired to the future class of poe 2.

Actually also in poe 1 he's a monster. And by monster i mean that he his just a bit lower than dragon trashed chanter ( that i consider to be the "strongest" char in game).

Max might/ max dex/ high per/ normal int / dump res. Abuser of svef. Sword & shield, some def talents to not die in the first seconds of battle.

You can chain lvl 1 chant and spam seven night like there is no tomorrow. Every shot do between 80 (hit) and 120 (crit) dmg. And as you know you can hit some foes with 2 or even 3 shots with the same cast.

BOOOOM STORM IS COMING

All In a char without merciless hand and story talents.

Edit: btw merciless hand works on spells too? I don't remember.

Edited by Dr <3

With direct damage spells it should. Now that I think about it, I never really tested this. It should also work with Bracers of Spiritual Power. Could be quite nice to stack +30% damage with bracers + Secret of Rime and then add +100% damage on crit via Azalin's Helmet, Dungeon Delver and Merciless Hand.

Which tier-1-phrase do you use?

Yes, i'm puzzled between precers of spiritual power or the always good gauntlet of accuracy +5

Atm i went for +10 fort / +10 ref +1 speed chants. But i think that alternating the +10 ref +1 speed and sweet wind can be better. And another song of only sweet winds for ice immune enemies

Edit: i confirm that merciless hand works with 7 nights

Edit 2: too bad tgat the hand slot is already blocked by gauntles of speed. Bracers of spiritual power would have been a nice add on

Edited by Dr <3

I just notice Rymrgand's Mantle is random. 1st time i got it in Raedric's hold. I don't seem to get it this time. Any way to get it other than cheat?

It is one of the loot that is governed by the random loot system. But it is can be manipulated, especially early into the game.

- Progress through the prologue. You should not need rest excessively.

- Progress through Valewood. You can explore a little but try to hurry to Glided Vale if possible.

- At any point in the game, try to make a save and reload at least once. This will normalize the seeding process from what I read. I always do the save/reload in the inn.

- Always have your main character to be position one in your roster (leftmost slot). From what I read, changing position will cause the loot table to scramble.

- Note the calendar day. It needs to be at 20, hour doesn't matter. Do not mix this up with the in-game days passed. There is some rng involved with the starting day but typically you will get to the inn by day 19 or 20 of the current "month". If it is day 19, just rest at the inn. Which is required to progress the story anyways.

- At day 20, go to the 2nd floor of the inn and go the locked container in the south side of the inn map. It needs a Mechanics skill of 3 or 4 to avoid using lockpicks from what I remembered. It should always yield the Rymrgand's Mantle.

I always do this just to have the item against early game spirits. At this point, I treat it as a "guaranteed loot" :p

Edited by mosspit

The casket in the first floor of the first inn. If you rest only 2 times from the start of the game is always there. If you find a minor ring of deflection, rest another time

you mean gilded vale? damn i think i may have looted it but no mantle. do i have to save scum to fight RNG? damn now i'm hating RNG already

• 4 months later...

Sorry it takes so long to reply. My posts still need approval first. I went with a human, Rauatai slave for role play reasons and I ended up going with this for stats:

Mig 19

Con 9

Dex 18

Per 7

Int  17

Res 7

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Boeroer!

What do you think about a variant of the Last Unicorn variant that uses fists and Novice's Suffering? A sort of drunken, singing brawler?

I'm thinking of lowering the dex from 14 to 10, increasing might from 18 to 21, and increasing resolve to 9.

An unarmed Chanter? Never tried, but might work. Too bad chanters have no awesome self buffs besides the two invocations that give +5 to stats (too expensive, takes too long to build up phrases for those) and the Champion (too late, too expensive). Mith Fyr could be nice with fists...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Building Kana as the sword and shield version of this build, working very nicely. Made a minor variation by picking Bull's Will instead of Bear's Fortitude. Kana's base resolve is only 10 and he was getting confused/charmed/dominated a lot. 

Edited by Rooksx
  • Like 1

I think it doesn't stack with Wyrwood Ring or Rymrgand's Mantle. If you don't use those then sure. Heldrik's Coat is good anyway. I mainly took the White Crest because of the looks.

I think Overbearing Wave can save the day - but so can Breakout Sturdy.

Edited by Boeroer

• 8 months later...