Undead henchman number modifying difficulty ?

Rhygar

Question

Came across something curious , please refer to attached pic.

The vanquished undead henchman in a quest mode scenario seems to add to a difficulty modifier for for the scenario's combat check against undead if I'm not wrong. Is there some hidden rule governing this ? I don't find any description on this.post-163209-0-89378500-1463491269_thumb.jpg

16 answers to this question

Was this in Story or Quest mode?  I don't think I've seen the Wildcard "Arrow Traps" before.  What's that do?  If you're in Quest mode, what's the Scenario power?

I've never seen anything like that.  If you still have access, could you tap the actual "Modify Difficutly +5" bard with the magnifying glass and see if it explains why your difficulty's plus 5?

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

The only story scenario with a bane boosting power similar to that is Undead Uprising in The Skinsaw Murders, which has "The difficulty to defeat Zombie Minion henchmen is increased by the number of Zombie Minions that have been defeated."

I'm assuming that particular quest mode scenario power increases difficulty across the board for any undead henchman defeated, which will show if you tap on "Scenario Power".

• Like 1

I was in quest mode when I noticed that curious modifier to difficulty and it's been a while since I'd played the campaign. But I am sure the scenario power wasn't the effect producing this + 5. I think it was something about henchman undefeated going back to location deck or once henchman are defeated skeleton would spawn or something.

Arrow trap is one of the common wild card and much less sinister than some of the others. It basically give a chance dice roll 1 in d4 or d6 after barrier defeat to give ranged damage of 2.

So basically this particular scenario has 2 scenario power ?

Edit : tapping that modify +5 produced that cascade of 5 undead henchman card which must be all the 5 henchman I did before taking down the villain. Nothing in the wildcard power scenario power described this extra wildcard which was why I'd thought it's some hidden rule governing this particular villain caizarlu.

Edited by Rhygar

The screen shot taken above was my quest mode play through. It wasn't a story mode scenario I was playing.

The "scenario power" tab in that screen when tapped described nothing to remotely allude to that +5 modifier I'm pretty sure which was why I posted this to get some clarification.

Edited by Rhygar

The "scenario power" tab in that screen when tapped described nothing to remotely allude to that +5 modifier I'm pretty sure which was why I posted this to get some clarification.

What exactly was the scenario power in this case, then? When you tap Scenario Power to expand the list initially, you have to tap Scenario Power a second time for it to show the little text box that states the specific umbrella power that is in effect.

If you tap Scenario Power once to show the list of effects (Darkest Night, Arrow Traps, etc.), then tap Modify Difficulty, it'll show the info in your screenshot, but without knowing what the actual scenario power was it is pretty much impossible to tell (from this end) if this is an issue or not.

If the wording of this particular scenario power was "The difficulty to defeat henchmen is increased by the number of henchmen that have been defeated", then it was working as intended. If it was "The difficulty to defeat monsters that have the Goblin trait is increased by 1d4", then that's a problem.

I recalled its the power that summon a skeleton or something. If I remember right lots of skeleton fight after henchman. Again I'd tapped the box and read the text which didn't suggest anything to do with modifying the difficulty . I might have to put up ss of that scenario power next time this happened . Was unfortunate that I didn't take the screenie for the scenario power.

It's fine guys. Next time it happen I'd post back again.

Interesting. That effect is happening from the scenario power it looks like. I think it might be a modified version of Mammy Gram's scenario power. (The more henchmen you defeat the stronger she gets). Lemme check with Design!

• Like 1

Bumping this. An acknowledgement it's been or undergoing investigation would be appreciated. Just had an episode where modifier goes to as much as 7 on top of the usual wildcard modifier. It's an orgy with hordes of zombie that gives ogre a run for their money in 6 man team.

As far as I can tell, this bug always happen with this one scenario power. Check the pic. Should be a fast fix if you could test it. Check the picpost-163209-0-20761300-1463897339_thumb.jpg