Visibility Bump!

Not being able to pass on a boon is having some quality-of-life issues now that the Vault of Greed is coming into play.  Characters shouldn't need to risk their decks attempting to acquire unwanted items, and then get stuck having to banish another item.

Rules should allow the player to pass on acquiring an unwanted boon.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 1

I'm tempted to make a whole new thread to re-complain about this to Obsidian. It was politely pointed out by testers all the way back in the beta that the game needed to include an option to pass on boons. Obsidian even acknowledged the point and, if I remember right, said they'd include the feature eventually, just not on release. As a tester, I was okay with this because passing on boons wasn't super critical in the prologue or AD's 1-2, which is what the game launched with. As explained above, it really only becomes vital in AD3 and beyond.

Well, AD3 came and went, and then AD4 and AD5, and a fundamental rule of the game is still not implemented. The Vault of Greed is a shining example of how awful things can get without this rule in play. Obsidian, please! I love the dice and treasure chests and quest mode and new wildcards and stuff, but please finish implementing the actual rules of the game. :)

• Like 4

Well, AD3 came and went, and then AD4 and AD5, and a fundamental rule of the game is still not implemented. The Vault of Greed is a shining example of how awful things can get without this rule in play. Obsidian, please! I love the dice and treasure chests and quest mode and new wildcards and stuff, but please finish implementing the actual rules of the game. :)

I'm going to go for a touch of thematic dissent. If there is one part of the game where this rule should not be implemented, it's the Vault of Greed. The clue is in the name. Or, alternatively, it could be unimplemented at higher difficulty, or you could require a check not to take boons.

Otherwise it's the Vault Of Drawbacks You Don't Actually Encounter.