I have just recently read again the definition of banishing a card.

It says you banish it from the game and you do not get it back after your scenario. I take this to mean the card is gone from the game.

What happens if you banish way too many cards until you don't have enough o start a game

It says you banish it from the game and you do not get it back after your scenario. I take this to mean the card is gone from the game.

What happens if you banish way too many cards until you don't have enough o start a game

Even if you don't have enough cards for a full deck, you can always add basic cards to get back up to the right number.

There IS a mechanic in the physical card game where you remove a card from the game completely, but it's always (that I recall) a power on the specific card to be removed, so you're not pulling out cards left and right.  I had one that you removed from the game to add a permanent skill feat.

Those cards PROBABLY won't exist in the video game, 'cause as we've learned about getting more copies of a single card than should exist in a given box, we can figure that all of our characters could have a copy of this unique "remove from game" card before it actually got removed from the game.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

When it says you won't get it back after the scenario, it means you won't have it to rebuild your decks. But the card is put back in the vault and available again when cards are taken from the vault. I'm not sure about the programming in the app, but technically if you banished a spell, the spell should be available in the vault during the same scenario if you defeated the Mystic Inscription.

Hey, while I have the rulebook open, here's how the card game rulebook defines Banishing a card:

Banish: Put it back in the [vault], shuffling it in with the other cards of the same type (thus losing it for good).

Anything you have in your hand, deck, on display, in your discard pile, and on your bury pile comes back to your deck at the end of a scenario, and you can use all of those cards to rebuild your deck.  When you Banish something, the only way to get it back is to encounter it randomly, just like any other card, and acquire it normally.  (That's what they mean by "losing it for good".  It becomes a random encounter rather than part of your character deck.)

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

In the physical game, there's another way to remove cards from the game.  It comes from the Adventure Path card, not the rulebook.

After starting Adventure 3:

• You must remove banished banes with the Basic trait from the game.
  • You may remove banished boons with the Basic trait from the game.

After starting Adventure 5, you do the same thing with Elite boons/banes.

I believe the Obsidian folks said they're going to simulate this rather than prompting you all the time (especially given Quest mode), but I haven't done any searching to refresh my memory.