Combat mechanics - why my DR is cancelled by a spider

Hi,

I'm rather a new player at PoE as I've played it from three days. I like this game, especially combat system but I can't understand why my DR is cancelled by a spider at Caed Nua. In combat log there is something like that for calculating DR:

(10.0 - 15.0)

10 is my DR but from where is -15? It completely ruin my DR and I get big damage. I can't find any info on it. I know that some weapons have DR reduction but there is nothing like that on spider info?

i'll be very thankful for clarifying it.

cheers,

Tadek

^ Those spiders have high DR bypass.

Like stilettos have 3, Estocs have 5. Some spiders have -15. That's info is not documented. It's just is so.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Like stilettos have 3, Estocs have 5. Some spiders have -15. That's info is not documented. It's just is so.

It looks strange for me that 2nd level creature (a spider) has so big DR bypass and it is not documented. Can a spider bite through heavy armor :)  Isn't it a bug?.  

Perhaps it's sting finds a way through your brigandine :)

If you feel that's a bug feel free to post it into the Technical Support.

But it also could be intended, such that players would have to CC it.

It isn't that strange I'd say, the bestiary only includes the more general stats on each creature. That's not specific to the spiders. Besides, you found out easily enough, right?  :grin:

In the spiders' defense, I don't think they're necessarily biting you. They're piercing you with their leg parts! They're *spear* spiders after all (those are the ones with the highest DR reduction early on, anyway). 

• Like 1

It looks strange for me that 2nd level creature (a spider) has so big DR bypass and it is not documented. Can a spider bite through heavy armor :) Isn't it a bug?.

The bestiary states that Spear Spiders ignore DR. Read it. The adult sizes ones are the same size as wolves with a spider carapace and Estoc like legs. Make sense to me. In the early game lvls 1-5 or so I always CC them.

Have gun will travel.

It looks strange for me that 2nd level creature (a spider) has so big DR bypass and it is not documented. Can a spider bite through heavy armor :) Isn't it a bug?.

The bestiary states that Spear Spiders ignore DR. Read it. The adult sizes ones are the same size as wolves with a spider carapace and Estoc like legs. Make sense to me. In the early game lvls 1-5 or so I always CC them.

Where does it say that? I don't see it in the entry for the Spear Spider itself. It does describe it in the general Spider entry, "... its piercing legs [...] can inflict terrible wounds, even through armor", but that's easy to overlook (and isn't specific about DR or DR reductions). Mind you, as far as I'm concerned that's fine this way, the game doesn't need to spell everything out of course.

Where does it say that? I don't see it in the entry for the Spear Spider itself. It does describe it in the general Spider entry, "... its piercing legs [...] can inflict terrible wounds, even through armor", but that's easy to overlook (and isn't specific about DR or DR reductions). Mind you, as far as I'm concerned that's fine this way, the game doesn't need to spell everything out of course.

Ya when it says "it piercing legs" I took at as it ignores DR.  Maybe that's just me though.  I was right though lol

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.