Buying the Rise of the Runelords package after some purchases

I wanted to dip my toe in the game at first, so I bought some gold instead of the full Rise of the Runelords pack.  At this point I have 2 purchased characters and the Burnt Offerings adventure.  If I were to buy the package special, since it includes those characters and the adventure I already purchased, would I get extra gold for the partial purchase or lost the gold spent on those (since they'd just be unlocked again)?  I could just buy gold and unlock the next adventure, a new character and some chests, but if I can get partial credit I'd be tempted to get the full package at this point.  

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

Did the math for future reference, in case others have the same question:

bundle = all characters unlocked (5x1500g + 4x2000g ) + 6 adventures (750g +4000gx5) = 36250g for $25

36250g / 4000 per chest = 9.0625 chests @$4.99 each = $45.22 in gold purchases

spent = 3750g = .9375 chests ~= $4.99

So, I would save ~$20, spent ~$5, so I'd still be $15 ahead AND get bundle-exclusive promo cards.  Totally worth it.

• Like 4

Did the math for future reference, in case others have the same question:

bundle = all characters unlocked (5x1500g + 4x2000g ) + 6 adventures (750g +4000gx5) = 36250g for $25

36250g / 4000 per chest = 9.0625 chests @$4.99 each = $45.22 in gold purchases

spent = 3750g = .9375 chests ~= $4.99

So, I would save ~$20, spent ~$5, so I'd still be $15 ahead AND get bundle-exclusive promo cards.  Totally worth it.

The bundle includes the C-deck (another 2000g, since you already included the 4 included characters).  Also, aren't chests 500g per, not 4000g per?

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Ah!  don't know how I missed that.

cost to buy the delta between what I have already bought and the bundle = 36250g

gold cost = $5/4000g

cost to buy the delta = 36250/4000g = 9 x $5 gold buy = $36

I think it was a labeling issue, but not a math issue.

I see saving your gold for later and buying the bundle now seems to be the best course of action but what's the chance of there being a discounted bundle in the near future? I've been burned often enough by being an early adopter and paying full price for an app only to have it go on deep discount seemingly the very next week.

I was hesitant too. I felt burned by one of the Borderlands season passes and I'd not seen a $25 mobile game bundle before. After seeing how quick Obsidin is to respond to bug fixes I felt a bit better. I've spent at least that much on add-ons for Talisman DE, so once I knew I liked this game as much as Talisman it seemed worth it.

• Like 1