Possible new Obsidian game from Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky using the Unreal Engine

Infinitron

It's not a Vampire game.

I understand if you can't get too deep into details, but how do you know that with any kind of certainty?  Did I miss some news, an interview, or what have you about the project?

https://youtu.be/73cYTlul9vM?t=1365

Thanks.  He could just being glib, but it is what it is.  I do like the idea of an Obsidian Urban Fantasy game, though.  Dresden Files meets Obsidian sounds cool.

• Like 2

I still think it's going to be more in the steam punk/post apocalyptic realm. So far, no indication of a WoD game whatsoever, but I'd take some urban fantasy, definitely, in first person if I could choose. But really, I just want a Bloodlines sequel instead of settling for something more generic.

A sequel of  Arcanum or VTM:B would be fine to me

• Like 2

I have struggle to understand a Universe that allows the destruction of an entire planet. Which will win this endless conflict - destruction or creation? The only thing I know for certain is never to place your faith entirely on one side. Play the middle if you want to survive.

Everyone else is a fanatic. I am Gauldoth Half-Dead. Your savior.

It's fun to keep repeating preferences, but I think it speaks for itself that we'd both gladly play each other's preferred genre. Medieval fantasy is just so overwhelmingly represented that I'd take steam punk for breakfast at this point.

Agreed.  I'll play run of the mill fantasy if that is what they make, but I really want something different.   Steampunk, Urban Fantasy, Wild West, Espionage, Diesel Punk, Cyberpunk (although with Cyberpunk 2070 coming, Shadowrun,and a few others... it is getting saturated a bit too), and even Sci-fi would be preferable. 

I don't think Obs'd try to crowdfund a 3rd action console RPG so I wonder who the publisher is? If it is Paradox why wouldn't it be Vampire? Or its Paradox but another WW IP or original IP? Any guesses? Bethesda? SEGA!!!? Activision-Blizzard? Since Feargus said they would add to their audience with big single player RPG and they have Boyarskonektion with them. EA? ATARI? My.com? Ubisoft? Squenix? Microsoft? lol

I think Bethesda and/or Activision-Blizzard make the most sense.  Bethesda has FO and it would make sense to have another FO made when they switch gears to ES6, building a new Engine, or another creating another IP.  Best to keep your IP's from languishing if you can help it. 

Activision-Blizzard owns Arcanum and Boyarsky probably knows people.  So, this would make things interesting.

Sega is possible, but less likely.  They have worked with each other before.  AP and Alien RPG. 

EA?  If they want an "RPG" made they will go with Bioware.

Atari?  Um...  are they not bankrupt yet?

My.com?  lol

Ubisoft?  I really doubt it.

Squenix?  Possible, but unlikely.

MS?  Doubtful, but wasn't Obsidian suppose to make an Xbox 360 or One launch title and it fell through?  So possible.

• Like 1

I don't think Obs'd try to crowdfund a 3rd action console RPG so I wonder who the publisher is? If it is Paradox why wouldn't it be Vampire? Or its Paradox but another WW IP or original IP? Any guesses? Bethesda? SEGA!!!? Activision-Blizzard? Since Feargus said they would add to their audience with big single player RPG and they have Boyarskonektion with them. EA? ATARI? My.com? Ubisoft? Squenix? Microsoft? lol

That Brian Heins interview kinda hinted that it's a White Wolf IP, just not Vampires and I bet it's not Werewolves either since Cyanide is making that game. I guess we will be guessing for  a year or so before they will actually be able to say anything about the game..

• Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

Maybe it is Beta Protocol?

It could be own franchise for OE (which makes so many things easier).

Deus Ex, Splinter Cell, Hitman, Watchdogs... generally have some success, however they are also heavy marketed or are established brand. 

Mix of stealth, action and rpg would be something new.

Edited by evilcat

Pre-production. Pillars team is about 50 people, Pathfinder has about 5-10 people working on it, Tyranny still has few people patching it and then there's Armored Warfare that probably has about 100+ people working on it. Doesn't leave that many people to work on the game, unless they've moved people over from AW team.

Edited by Flouride

Nah, that's not an all hands on deck type of game. They have something like 200 employees. They need to have a few projects going at a time.

Pathfinder Card Game -  probably 15 people(if even that), if even that, working on content and updates

Pillars of Eternity - probably 30 people

Armored Warfare - lots of people, but the Russians are going to take over a lot of the work, freeing up people

Cain/Boarsky game . probably needs to not be cancelled, should have a lot of people working on it

Nah, that's not an all hands on deck type of game. They have something like 200 employees. They need to have a few projects going at a time.

Pathfinder Card Game -  probably 15 people(if even that), if even that, working on content and updates

Pillars of Eternity - probably 30 people

Armored Warfare - lots of people, but the Russians are going to take over a lot of the work, freeing up people

Cain/Boarsky game . probably needs to not be cancelled, should have a lot of people working on it

I counted about 50 people for the Pillars 2 team from the Fig campaign video.

• Like 2