Possible new Obsidian game from Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky using the Unreal Engine

Infinitron

http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=712

However, Obsidian’s CEO also mentioned that there’s a small group of people within the studio that’s working on something completely new, but he didn’t want to share any details regarding that yet. What’s worth noting, though, is that the names of Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky came up while talking about this. Feargus didn’t say that directly, but he pointed that it might have something to do with a prototype using Unreal Engine, that he mentioned during his podcast with Game Informer.

Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 4

http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=712

However, Obsidian’s CEO also mentioned that there’s a small group of people within the studio that’s working on something completely new, but he didn’t want to share any details regarding that yet. What’s worth noting, though, is that the names of Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky came up while talking about this. Feargus didn’t say that directly, but he pointed that it might have something to do with a prototype using Unreal Engine, that he mentioned during his podcast with Game Informer.

Oh, how I wish this would be an isometric party-based game using the Pathfinder rules and world, but odds are it is WoD-related. At the very least, I wish Obsidian would provide more specific information on when we could expect the Pathfinder card game to become available for the PC.

I would be happy for a remake of VTM:B.

• Enhanced Graphics
  • Fix the bugs
  • Add the cut content
  • change the endings so its not a gun fest and those who focused on social/stealth would have a way to finish it without combat
  • More endings
  • Add new content, BUT have it respect the original world, do not modernize it or add modern social issues in any way shape or form, the game was loved because it WAS the wod universe, gothic punk, sexy and not politically correct.
  • Easy Modding options

If they make a VTMB 2, the same thing, respect the original game world for what it is, there is a reason people loved the game so much that it was patched by fans for years.  Do not change the formula!  keep it gothic punk, sexy, very mature and awesome.  Probably best to keep it set in the 80 and early 90's for the gothic punk feel.

Oh, one other thing.  Its a long shot, but could you add vive/vr support?  VR is amazing and I got the VTM:B to work with the DK2 years ago and just walking around the WOD universe was freaking cool.  Long shot, but Never hurts to ask.

• Like 1

Agreed about keeping with the formula, which I'd assume they would, but I'd rather all efforts be poured into a sequel than a remake. The original still plays well even as far as visual aesthetics and I still prefer it's real world textures/facial animations/smaller, purposeful worlds to modern big scale worlds of glitz and glamour that lack the intimacy of Bloodlines. I'd expect a sequel to follow the footsteps of it's predecessor with whatever minor adjustments the designers see fit.  

I hope it's a game with great gameplay and narrative that isn't dry and ****.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Doesn't sound like it's Bloodlines: http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=720

Good lord I'm glad they didn't do a WoD game in that pitiful NWN2 engine. But yeah, it doesn't seem like this unannounced title is WoD related. I don't care to play the speculation game, as there's nothing else that gets me excited like a Bloodlines sequel would. AP2 would be welcomed but it's not that either. Hopefully it's not some medieval fantasy, wasteland/post apoc or uber rainbow colored sci fi setting that's been done in the dirt.

Doesn't sound like it's Bloodlines: http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=720

Well, one would think it was Troika related to get Leonard to leave Blizzard. Logically that is. So, either Feargus is being coy (my guess), Arcanum Spiritual Successor (not likely, but maybe Activision is game. Still... That wouldn't require U4 unless they are doing the FPS they wanted to do with the Arcanum sequel. It's still terribly unlikely), and I doubt it's a ToE-sequel game as Wizards hates catering to its fans in the video game market (plus, Obsidian has PoE for anything they want to do resembling D&D)... So that leaves us no where. I still think Feargus is playing dumb, and doesn't want to (or can't) talk of it until the tree is ready to bear fruit. It could be one of those projects that gets the rug pulled out beneath its feet after 6 months. So, discussing it could be a big no no, and they may have an NDA in place.

• Like 1

Wasn't Troika working on a post-apocalyptic game when they shut down? There's a tech demo of it on youtube:

I'd be more interested in a WoD game, as we have more post-apocalyptic RPGs than urban fantasy ones, but that would be an additional thing to add to the list of games from Troika they could be considering.

Read the title of the piece: 

It's still fun

It's ... fun

Can't possibly be Arcanum-related. :p

I bet Arcanum was more fun to make than play. :p I love the game for being the crap covered gem that it is (one of my favorite RPGs), but I can't argue it is a grueling experience at the best of times. If that character creation system had been attached to a moderately competent combat system it would be a classic. Arcanum with ToEE combat sounds delicious.

I wouldn't be opposed to an Arcanum style game in Unreal, but those settings can easily become generic and it's hard for me to get too excited over them. I'm still holding out some hope that Feargus is intentionally being dismissive of a WoD game, and they're secretly mad at work on it. If there's anything to the "put two and two together" statement, then wouldn't it have to be either post apocalyptic, Arcanum or WoD? Why else even make the statement, unless you're bad at choosing words..

• 4 weeks later...

If they are going for a Consortium or Masquerade style immersion, it should be pretty powerful in potential.

If it was just Obsidian, they probably would have used the Pillars engine. Since Paradox is paying, they must have wanted a flashier engine.

• 6 months later...

High School Dating Sim set in Arcanum with Vampires.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

3rd action RPG (next gen consoles)

Yeah, not overly excited no matter who's doing it. We all know where these games tend to be at these days.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."